Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

Big Mnc, Small Co/smes...

Wow huccome this long-lost thread suddenly bumped up again?? Hehe...

Oh yes, what you said is very true. To a certain extent, I think the human environment, eg colleagues (both seniors/juniors), management, etc is the MOST important aspect of a job. Aside from those commission-based jobs, those of us who draw a regular salary would prefer to have a good environment compared to a higher salary but lousy environment.

Ehhhhh I beg to differ.... then again, I might be the exception to the rule... :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hv worked in both MNCs & SMEs.... wld just say that the work environment is the most impt.

If u hate the work environment. gg to work everyday wld be a chore. Of cos the pay package shdn't be too bad also lah.

I find tt MNCs tend to hv more red-tape & politics, need to do alot of arse kissing if u want to go up the corporate ladder,

find the correct "kao shan" to lean on etc.

Not so much freedom to do wat u want.

Protect yrself in all angles at work cos u never know who will back stab u.

The pros are the "benefit" of hving the MNC name listed on yr resume & hopefully, its impressive enuf to get u to yr next career change.

If u do in the event (sway sway) get retrench, u might be able to get some retrenchment benefit.

Everything is usually spelt out clearly enuf so u roughly know what u can/ cannot do.

SME cons - No proper procedure if doing work.

Most of the time, u hv to guessed or feel yr way thru'.

Benefits may not be as gd as MNCs.

SME pros - supposedly less politics since less ppl. More flexibility. More "Ren Qing" to say compared to MNC.

May learn more things since usually u "bao" everything fr top to bottom.

End of the day, its how u sell yrself to yr next potential employer that matters lah.

Put it this way - a freaking impressive resume will only get u an interview.

How u sell yrself is the deciding factor on whether u get the job or not.

Me currently working in MNC and as wat shmj says... u really need to find the right "kao shan" to lean on...

And if u dun noe how to "por" then u r condemned...then just accept it and keep quiet...

Every mth just wait for payday and year end, wait for bonuses....

And there are tons of politics and can see ppl playing "tai ji" to push off their responsiblities and will

only take up the job if the big boss can c and can gain credit...

Bt of course their benefits are good la and pay wise is betta.

Bt u must noe how to survive in the company lor. And in the MNC, everday is like showtime cos

a lot of politics so a lot of "shows" to c lor without paying...there is also real buddies and friends down there...There are oni colleagues or enemies...

And in SMEs...u can find real friends there and work is really fun everyday. U lok forward to work there and no much of a politic...Not totally dun hv, but is much much lesser...

Bt of course the minus point is u got to work real hard for peanuts and the boss may not necessarily give u bonus at the end of the year. Tat is wat I hate most, cos after a year's hard work, u r not being rewarded accordingly. Tnen wat is the point of working hard?

I worked in an SME and now am currently in a MNC.

There is not much of a difference in terms of the working environment.

Both are just as pleasant for my case. :)

People can be nasty or nice regardless of the size of the company is what I feel.

MNC better...work sian liao can go for internal transfer mah. MNC usually have better welfare like longer AL oso...