Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Managed to fix up the other set of posters in the guest bathroom:

(serves as a reminder for the BF to go cycling with his kakis)

11917304104_ed8e42c7a3.jpg

The dustbin I bought from TB looks good in the bathroom !

11917742106_efc45a34c4.jpg

i saw liao!! hope to see running ones still browsing lol

Edited by Takaishi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh finally! managed to figure out how to post pics on the new flickr interface… yay!

so this is the "new" (not exactly that new since i haven't been posting actively) tablecloth i bought from TB… i have another one in green with white polkdots too! Just so perfect for my upcoming garden theme party...

13706357993_78781a3e07.jpg

rooster design rice bowls at pretty cheap prices from chinatown! (to match the spoons i bought from G.O.D.)

13212763335_0a4b35f553.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

STORAGE and more storage!

that's exactly what i have in my open concept kitchen… if only i could store some of my shoes there too! that would be so perfect hahaha

keen to take a look? check out the pics...

13706670544_fc265cc8b3.jpg

under the sink storage (pardon for the mess!) :

13706322315_7ecc3926cf.jpg

13706337053_ab50f986b6.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

drawer for the sauces:

]13706664974_899b3a52b1.jpg

drawer for the pots and pans:

13706315143_6ae80b7031.jpg

that's all for now.. will continue posting when i get more pics sorted out… gdnite!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Your house has came together well! Looks fabulous!

Ps. Did u do away with the stainless steel in the kitchen? Didnt seem to notice it anywhere.

thanks thanks!

I didn't do away with stainless steel though.. did you mean my appliances or carpentry?

here's the other side of my kitchen (with built-in carpentry):

11477400734_def36dbca7.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

I know it's kinda late but some posting of the things i did / bought for Chinese new year decorations:

Putting the chalkboard into good use!

13706696654_e3d8307489.jpg

13706338035_4d3535399c.jpg

not so much of a gardener, bought 2 potted plants at the very last minute just to make the apartment look more festive hehe

13706333375_8b4bf0f614.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

thanks thanks!

I didn't do away with stainless steel though.. did you mean my appliances or carpentry?

here's the other side of my kitchen (with built-in carpentry):11477400734_def36dbca7.jpg

Haha. Actually i meant the counter top in ur 3d rendering. Tot it was a stainless steel counter top.. wanted to ask if it was hard to maintain, but seemed to me that its not..? :D

The 3D rendering of how my kitchen should look like:

gallery_47921_112_172695.jpg

Haha. Actually i meant the counter top in ur 3d rendering. Tot it was a stainless steel counter top.. wanted to ask if it was hard to maintain, but seemed to me that its not..? :D

oh yes.. i decided not to go with the stainless steel counter-top becos' i don't think i can stand the scratchy look although that's how it's supposed to look like.

Moreover with a customised stainless steel top, it would mean that I wouldn't be able to install the kitchen sink I wanted. I would have to customise a kitchen sink as well and it's quite hard for them to achieve the look i want (ie. the almost 90 degree profile at the 4 edges of the sink)

I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy with my current choice of counter-top becos' it turns out that the stone's color variation differs from the sample I chose initially, so it's not as dark as I wanted it to be. Apparently, it is common for natural stones to have around +/- 5% colour variation.

Having said that, the overall effect still turns out to be pretty nice and acceptable.

• Like 1

if u dun mind, can PM me your contractor contact and your reno quote? thanks

hmm, i engaged an interior designer to design and renovate my apartment. would you still be keen?

Edited by sleepybeauty

hey, saw u bought the selena sink. Is it really stainless steel? How's the feel of using it so far??

hello, my kitchen sink is not from selena though. I bought it from Kitchen Culture and it's an Italian brand called Foster.