Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AndyLim80

Downlight

Hi guys i'm new in renotalk here.

I'm really has a headache in choosing which type of downlight is better,cheap and reliable.

I want good,reasonable price and last long.And if the light spoil i can easily change.

My friend working in a lighting shop and intro me philips led and quote me $70 per set.he say the LED is philips Master and is better.i found the price is a bit ex to me.

Other one i saw online is House of chandelier.$55 per set discount more if buy more than 10.but i think is from china.

And one is LedLightSg.com.$34 per set.Don't know what brand.

Can any one help me?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys i'm new in renotalk here.

I'm really has a headache in choosing which type of downlight is better,cheap and reliable.

I want good,reasonable price and last long.And if the light spoil i can easily change.

My friend working in a lighting shop and intro me philips led and quote me $70 per set.he say the LED is philips Master and is better.i found the price is a bit ex to me.

Other one i saw online is House of chandelier.$55 per set discount more if buy more than 10.but i think is from china.

And one is LedLightSg.com.$34 per set.Don't know what brand.

Can any one help me?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

I just purchase mine over the weekend at LiteFusion @S$28. Maybe you want to give it a try.

maybe you can consider Philips since now they are offering renotalk members $15 off on their lights. compared to other brand of course Philips products are more reliable! I think there is one thread under the home furnishing or other place cant remember where I saw the ads.

LED downlights experience to share:

We have installed 12 LED downlights(Living and kitchen) ard mid-2011 purchased from Kenzo at Balestier per recommendation by ID firm Artrend. Around Sept 2012, we decided to change the 3 sets of non-LED downlights in our 2xtoilets to LED downlights. As I have good experience with Chan Huat sale lady before, I decided to purchase 3 sets from Chan Huat. There were installed in Sept 2012. Around June 2013, all 3 downlights purchased from Chan Huat started to flickers intermittently. As the problem is not consistent, I waited till 2 weeks ago to bring the LED tubes to Chan Huat. All 6 tubes tested ok. It was then that I was told the problem may be the fixtures contacts. I asked whether the fixtures were still under warranty but the answer is negative. The LED tubes are warranteed for 12 months but not the fixtures. It is very frustrating that after spending more for LED downlights, problem started to show in less than 1 year.

Kenzo - 12 sets still running with no issue after more than 2 years

Chan Huat - 3 sets showing intermittent flickers after 9 months

Lesson: Need to ensure fixture quality as it does not have same warranty as LED tube itself