Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Asking4Help

New Hdb Bto 4 Room Flat Renovation

My friend has just done up his BTO unit kitchen cabinets, painting and miscellaneous stuff for less than 10k from some new start up renovation company. They provide basic ID for your new house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My friend has just done up his BTO unit kitchen cabinets, painting and miscellaneous stuff for less than 10k from some new start up renovation company. They provide basic ID for your new house.

Can share contact..

Hi,

Can you kindly pm me the contact? Thanks in advance. :)

Hi,

I personally didnt use an ID when we did up our resale couple of months back. Sometimes, people use ID for convenience as they don't know where to start. For us, not having an ID makes the entire project more fun and definitely more "brainstorming" together in putting our ideas together. Got a contractor to do the hacking, floor tiles, parquet, toilets and carpentry. Results were good and many friends who came by asked who our ID was.

An ID is good in doing the mock up/3D drawings for visualisation but I was also surprised when the carpenter drew up 3D when we told him our requirements for the wardrobe and cabinets.

Since your flooring is already done, perhaps it will largely be on carpentry, lighting and maybe toilets? Shouldnt cost too much unless you will be heavy on the carpentry works.

Let me know if you wish to have the contractor contact. :)

hi can share with me the contractor contact? thanks in adv

I totally agree with Dialow. When I did my place 2 years back with my contractor, I realised she is more receptive to my ideas which I think ids may be more rigid. As she also provide me with some drawings after our discussion, it makes my decision making much easier.

Recently my friend got her to quote. price quite reasonable.

pm me if you want her contact for comparison.

• Like 1

Hi "asking for help"

here what i think

1) is it a must to use ID for renovating? looking for reliable & responsible contractors as well...

Depending on what you want, most contractors just give what you want and when the work is out, you will be like OMG. My parent place was like that however they like it. If you prefer a modern look deisgn, it is better to get a ID.

2) if no ID, is there any good contractor out there that does almost same workarrow-10x10.png scope as the ID?

I believe contractor do design well

3) walk-in wardrobe in the bedroom is a must from my partner... looking to spend around $20k, will it be enough...?

There are package out there for New BTO which cost less then 20K

4) already opted for flooring & doors done by HDB which I think may be a mistake to do that on my part but already done.... :dunno: If you engage interior designer I believe they will be professional enough to advise what are the design that suit to yout flooring. I got my advise from one of the ID and it really looks good

5) need help from you guys to recommend me reliable IDs & Contractors for these...

Don't know can I leave the contact here, you can pm me if interested

6) please leave contact or website if any as well..

Please post your comments or pm me if u like.

Thank you very much... :good:

Hi all, I'm a noobie to this reno thingy, so pls bear with me on my questions.

1) I understand that IDs will be in charge of everything including electrical, plumbing etc... Is there direct contractor (DC) who can do all as well?

2) In terms of payment, I was told that I need to provide 65% deposit / downpayment. Is it the same for DC?

3) Lastly, roughly how much can I save if I go for DC or Contractors? :deal:

Agree. sorry for leeching on this thread. can i have the contractor's contact? PM :)

Hi,

Can you kindly pm me the contact? Thanks in advance. :)

Hi tanmeng

Can PM me the contractor? Thanks

Hi all, I'm a noobie to this reno thingy, so pls bear with me on my questions.

1) I understand that IDs will be in charge of everything including electrical, plumbing etc... Is there direct contractor (DC) who can do all as well?

Reply: I believe there is contractor who will provide this service as well but probably not easy to find a good & responsible guy.

2) In terms of payment, I was told that I need to provide 65% deposit / downpayment. Is it the same for DC?

Reply: From what I encounter, most only ask for 10% as 1st payment, then 40% for starting of work like laying of tiles etc..., another 40% before start of carpentry & lastly 10% when all things are done. To me, I think this type of payment should be the best to the interest of a consumer.

3) Lastly, roughly how much can I save if I go for DC or Contractors? :deal:

Reply: I believe @ least $3k - $5k depending on the amount of money you are investing in your home.

Hopes this help~ :D

Edited by Asking4Help

Hi all,
Can anyone one advise me on the following ceiling work and pricing. My ID is asking additional price for the cove lighting. I do not know all these are compulsory. but just for ceiling work he is asking additional 3K plus.

1. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling ****. 450.00$
2. Fabricate & install designer cove light holder ****. 1,500.00$
3. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling at kitchen. 560.00$
4. Fabricate & install box up at dinning & foyer carpentery area. 300.00$
5. Fabricate & install box up at kitchen sewage area. 150.00$
6. Fabricate & install dry wall at wardrobe area at master. 150.00$
7. Fabricate & install dry wall at bed area at master. 150.00$
8. Fabricate & install 02 dry wall at dinning area. 300.00$
9. Fabricate & install curtain pelmet at balcony & master area. 300.00$

10. Design & fabricate queen size bed frame in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,200.00$
c/w 4 drawers
11. Design & fabricate L9ft x 8.5ft feature wall in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,900.00$
c/w tinted mirror.(10in x 9ft)
12. Design & fabricate 2set bed side table in solid-ply high grade laminates. 500.00$

13. To supply & install 2in x8in burmes teak parquet flooring at master bedroom 195sf ---1,463.00$
14. Cement screeding for living, dinning, foyer & master bedroom floor.--729sf----1,094.00$