Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Asking4Help

New Hdb Bto 4 Room Flat Renovation

I totally agree with Dialow. When I did my place 2 years back with my contractor, I realised she is more receptive to my ideas which I think ids may be more rigid. As she also provide me with some drawings after our discussion, it makes my decision making much easier.

Recently my friend got her to quote. price quite reasonable.

pm me if you want her contact for comparison.

Hi Happy128, thanks for sharing this info! Please send me a PM on your contractor's contact details. Thanks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Can anyone one advise me on the following ceiling work and pricing. My ID is asking additional price for the cove lighting. I do not know all these are compulsory. but just for ceiling work he is asking additional 3K plus.

1. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling ****. 450.00$

2. Fabricate & install designer cove light holder ****. 1,500.00$

3. Fabricate & install designer false ceiling at kitchen. 560.00$

4. Fabricate & install box up at dinning & foyer carpentery area. 300.00$

5. Fabricate & install box up at kitchen sewage area. 150.00$

6. Fabricate & install dry wall at wardrobe area at master. 150.00$

7. Fabricate & install dry wall at bed area at master. 150.00$

8. Fabricate & install 02 dry wall at dinning area. 300.00$

9. Fabricate & install curtain pelmet at balcony & master area. 300.00$

10. Design & fabricate queen size bed frame in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,200.00$

c/w 4 drawers

11. Design & fabricate L9ft x 8.5ft feature wall in solid-ply high grade laminates. 1,900.00$

c/w tinted mirror.(10in x 9ft)

12. Design & fabricate 2set bed side table in solid-ply high grade laminates. 500.00$

13. To supply & install 2in x8in burmes teak parquet flooring at master bedroom 195sf ---1,463.00$

14. Cement screeding for living, dinning, foyer & master bedroom floor.--729sf----1,094.00$

Hi zephyr923,

If you are unsure of the things beings charged, just email to any other IDs or Carpenters or Contractors and give them the requirement with exact measurements and you will be able to compare the prices.

Well at least that was what i did. I mean it may be unethical but hey, we want the best for our houses or rather HOME. So take a lttle bit more effort and to email out more.

Advise: Personally, I went to smaller IDs because they will have more focus on you. Bigger IDs are very professional and of course it comes with a price. Just my 2 cents.

So at the end of the day, you can either go back to your ID and request for it to be lower, or you can switch ID. As long as you dont sign anything yet, switching IDs is not a problem. Everything through email now. Only meet when you have decided proper. I have chosen my ID based on their promptness and responsiveness.

Goodluck to you.

My friend has just done up his BTO unit kitchen cabinets, painting and miscellaneous stuff for less than 10k from some new start up renovation company. They provide basic ID for your new house.

Hi can Pm me this contact? thanks in advance!

Hi,

I personally didnt use an ID when we did up our resale couple of months back. Sometimes, people use ID for convenience as they don't know where to start. For us, not having an ID makes the entire project more fun and definitely more "brainstorming" together in putting our ideas together. Got a contractor to do the hacking, floor tiles, parquet, toilets and carpentry. Results were good and many friends who came by asked who our ID was.

An ID is good in doing the mock up/3D drawings for visualisation but I was also surprised when the carpenter drew up 3D when we told him our requirements for the wardrobe and cabinets.

Since your flooring is already done, perhaps it will largely be on carpentry, lighting and maybe toilets? Shouldnt cost too much unless you will be heavy on the carpentry works.

Let me know if you wish to have the contractor contact. :)

Hi May i have the contact as well? Thank you very much!