Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wabisabi

Modern Mix Heritage Style For Postwar Flat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The double glazed window is quite expensive, for those in the photo I paid $2300. But it is much bigger than average window (my ceiling height 7 feet) and mine is on curvy place, so installation is more difficult. My window total width is about 10 feet. It definitely cut a lot of noise, but not 100 percent. Yes it need HDB approval. I'll pm you my contractor no.

I paid $1400 for the double glazed window at the balcony measuring 3m-3.2m (ard 10 feet) x 1.1m (or 1.2m, forgot the measurement). Mine is on a low floor along a side road, it cuts out a lot of noise but not 100% as Wabisabi mentioned. I cant hear the traffic noise from my bedroom when I sleep at night even if I leave 2 panels of the windows open though. Think the wooden bedroom doors help?

I paid $1400 for the double glazed window at the balcony measuring 3m-3.2m (ard 10 feet) x 1.1m (or 1.2m, forgot the measurement). Mine is on a low floor along a side road, it cuts out a lot of noise but not 100% as Wabisabi mentioned. I cant hear the traffic noise from my bedroom when I sleep at night even if I leave 2 panels of the windows open though. Think the wooden bedroom doors help?

Wah, I think yours is cheaper than mine.

Yes, I think the wooden door helps too, mine the door is solid, original from 1948, the contractor said it is better than average new door that is made nowadays.

Today the ceiling fan for the second and third bedroom are up:

10439044555_1408c5a7d1.jpg

I think it blends pretty well, doesn't look too modern or too glossy. A bit colonial with the black color against the white ceiling

Hi, where did you get this fan? Quite neat..

Is the bed customise? can I have some information, interested to have for my new place. Thank you

The bed come in standard size from single, super single and queen. Can choose vertical and horizontal. Just check their web, google hidden wall bed singapore

It is also come in a few color laminate. But I prefer white or walnut.

So far I found 4 distributor in Singapore. One in Bukit Timah, one in Bedok South, one is Hafele, the last one is Smootree (italian made, nice n ex). The one I bought is from Bukit Timah. The bedok one is cheaper, but not as neat

Edited by wabisabi

The bed come in standard size from single, super single and queen. Can choose vertical and horizontal. Just check their web, google hidden wall bed singapore

It is also come in a few color laminate. But I prefer white or walnut.

So far I found 4 distributor in Singapore. One in Bukit Timah, one in Bedok South, one is Hafele, the last one is Smootree (italian made, nice n ex). The one I bought is from Bukit Timah. The bedok one is cheaper, but not as neat

Thank you for the info, I will try to google and search, I was looking at spaceman store earlier - the price is about 5K for queen size but with hidden bookshelf.

Wah, I think yours is cheaper than mine.

Yes, I think the wooden door helps too, mine the door is solid, original from 1948, the contractor said it is better than average new door that is made nowadays.

I got mine from a window contractor I found on this forum. The old doors are really solid, one of my friend lives in one of those pre war flat at Tiong Bahru and she kept the doors too.

Love the terrazzo floor and the hidden bed!

Thank you for the info, I will try to google and search, I was looking at spaceman store earlier - the price is about 5K for queen size but with hidden bookshelf.

The one I bought is 3 thousand plus, it is queen size, but it is just plain wallbed.

My favorite part of the flat :

10534837185_cb0712d1e0.jpg

Well the brown border is part accident and part inspiration from Vanessa's flat.

The glass supplier accidentally made the glass frame in brown to follow the existing external window frame.

Then I requested the louvre window in white. So initially my contractor (the project coordinator) got shocked when the glass frame came in a mismatch tone. He actually asked the glass supplier to change the frame in white, but he has completed all the work.

He feels relieved when I asked him to paint the big window frame in brown, because now the "mismatch" glass frame suddenly blend in perfectly :)

Edited by wabisabi