Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

Just did purchase on the window blinds too. Since we are gg for black & white theme...naturally, the blinds also black & white:)

Something like this minus the black panels:

386EB9BE-0C23-4289-AEBF-C5A4EB0ECC79_zps

We are getting half height all white window blinds with black tape

20E0AA35-7262-4DCB-B76C-9CE7383F5825_zps

And also day curtain for the bi-fold door at the balcony

8769B960-2241-43C1-9528-8FC1BDB3BD70_zps

Supplier said can only be delivered down on 8/2...sigh no choice have to live without any curtain for one night on 4/2 for "move in ceremony" cox that's the best date for us hmmm

Edited by EMinlove

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ahhboi,

Thanks for the compliment. I switched to LED warm white lights so it is not hot to the house.

Total I have:

50 LED lights from Philip

10 x 2m tracks :$20/each (from balestier lighting.com)

4 x 1m tracks :$10/each (from balestier lighting.com)

50 fittings: $12/each (from balestier lighting.com)

The fittings has halogen bulbs so I have 50 of the bulbs now dunno what to do...

Anybody wanna buy? I sell cheap cheap haha

50 LED! :jawdrop:

Btw, whats the different bet LED light and the fitting? Im new to this track light thinggy.

Are track lights bright enough? Because I didn't see any "normal" lightings from your pics. lol

50 LED! :jawdrop:

Btw, whats the different bet LED light and the fitting? Im new to this track light thinggy.

Are track lights bright enough? Because I didn't see any "normal" lightings from your pics. lol

Hahaha...yea 50 LED Philip MR16 bulbs. It do not make the room feels warm compared to the halogen light bulbs and could last longer without having the need to constant change light bulbs. :sport-smiley-018:

The fitting basically is the holder for the light bulbs.

6DE0A24B-372E-443E-A7F8-15517596B74E_zps

LED or Halogen both can fit into the fitting. Best you buy the bulbs and fitting from the same place, or if you are buying the fitting + track from a different store like me...then best buy a bulb to try it first. Not all light bulbs could fit 100% to the fitting.

Track is the long black rod that holds the fitting in place.

I have normal LED white lights attached to the fan in the bedrooms. However, you are right...the whole house is track light, i think advantage of track light is that it gives a more "Gallery" feeling especialy when you shine the lights focus on the paintings/photos, which that's what we are planning to do. One more advantage of track light is you can just manually adjust the lighting to the direction you wanna shine to, so if you want it to focus the dining table or the cabinet just slightly tweak it will do. :good: Also, save us the headache to light hunting haha :dancingqueen:

• Like 1

Hahaha...yea 50 LED Philip MR16 bulbs. It do not make the room feels warm compared to the halogen light bulbs and could last longer without having the need to constant change light bulbs. :sport-smiley-018:

The fitting basically is the holder for the light bulbs.

LED or Halogen both can fit into the fitting. Best you buy the bulbs and fitting from the same place, or if you are buying the fitting + track from a different store like me...then best buy a bulb to try it first. Not all light bulbs could fit 100% to the fitting.

Track is the long black rod that holds the fitting in place.

I have normal LED white lights attached to the fan in the bedrooms. However, you are right...the whole house is track light, i think advantage of track light is that it gives a more "Gallery" feeling especialy when you shine the lights focus on the paintings/photos, which that's what we are planning to do. One more advantage of track light is you can just manually adjust the lighting to the direction you wanna shine to, so if you want it to focus the dining table or the cabinet just slightly tweak it will do. :good: Also, save us the headache to light hunting haha :dancingqueen:

OIC. thanks for the explanations!

Now I'm thinking of using track lights too. Can't seems to find any lightings I like for my MBR.

Thanks!

OIC. thanks for the explanations!

Now I'm thinking of using track lights too. Can't seems to find any lightings I like for my MBR.

Thanks!

Ya agreed! I have the same problem too...

All the lights look too generic, and unique ones cost a bomb! That's one of the consideration we had, hence decided to go with track light. :jammin:

Consider getting a sink mat, will help curb splashing.

Thanks Tessina. We have a dishwasher so this sink is for light washing only. Guess it should be ok. But will certainly consider a sink mat when it starts splashing

Hey guys...

We are two months into staying at our new home. Like most people tells me...you need to live in for awhile before tiny problems start cropping up.

So we have walls that are easily scratched not too sure why. I asked my contractor if they had put a sealant on it and they said yes and told me is a "White wall" problem....but almost every simplest thing could scratch or stain my wall too easily! Anyone shares the same problem?

Another problem...I just noticed that my gate is not seated on the floor!

47ECEE54-4FA3-4DA8-85D5-D0D0A27A954D_zps

A1001C52-6C81-444A-A2D1-CA1ECD700FD5_zps

My ID and contractor insisted that is normal. It is not necessary to latch the bottom part of the gate, if dont need to latch then why the gate design come with two latches up and down correct?! I looked around all my neighbour's gate and everyone has their gate nicely seated on the ground :(

To top it up....my bathroom tiles leave watermarks...

EEE80750-D93B-4C65-B31B-C7FC3D20E9C5_zps

My ID insisted that it is due to homogenous tiles but I beg to differ coz my kitchen tiles is homogenous tiles and it does not give such stain.
See the before and after image below for my bathroom tiles when it got some water droplets :(

059096FD-FA6C-4B26-809D-23C85D4E18DF_zps

To make matter worst... This morning I woke up to some leakage!

D8DDF0BB-8DC0-4415-8A21-8C1F2CF09CE0_zps

Anyone shares the same problem with me? Do you all think these are normal? The gate, tiles and wall paint? I feel like there's something terribly wrong especially the tiles! Please enlighten me... :(

Edited by EMinlove

Wall paint - Not sure what kind of paint your contractor used. My white walls are doing fine after 1 year.

Gate - Definitely not acceptable. Should get him to rectify the problem.

Tiles - I do discover that certain tiles leaves water marks more than others. The "HDB" tiles in the toilets of my last 3 flats all leave water marks and it kills me trying to clean it. Not sure why. Maybe it's the choice of tiles you make?

All the best to you.

My gate similar, can only latch top, only 'cos didn't want to drill hole into floor (thru laminate). But it is flush, not protruding out.