Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

My house Reno is coming to the end of the Reno journey real soon...

Some hiccups here and there but I think everything is coming together nicely.

Here's some updates on the house

Chalk board Shoe cabinet in progress

BDEC9689-07B8-4793-B7C0-65DFD6956230_zps

Chalk board Shoe cabinet completed

F8AF3538-135C-4148-8D16-6E000999E519_zps

Kitchen cabinets half complete

0622E14E-79BE-4144-BACA-9536991A53BD_zps

Door and window from kitchen to balcony is up...and I absolutely love the chalk board that camourflage the toilet door

77B7BEBD-6689-423A-800B-65CC76A29A2B_zps

When you slide open the door, it leads you to the bathroom

F9733C1A-B494-4167-B207-CDA42070103C_zps

Edited by EMinlove

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Super love this kitchen pipe that I bought...can't wait to see it attached to the sink! ☺

E857F197-5703-45C9-B96D-7A8A096808DF_zps

Door is up for the closing to the store room behind my living room feature wall.notice the extra storage under the stairs? It can be access from the storeroom inside...so is cleaner finishing

BBD867D9-7CC9-45BD-ADF6-1A500C0D53A9_zps

This is another part of the house that I am super in love with...the balcony!

E0178E2B-1B22-475D-B513-D1FC2D7F195B_zps

Every penny spent on the bi-fold door is totally worth it....I have a bigger opening from living to balcony making to look more spacious.

A617BFC0-DB99-4475-B295-A40C8C2708F9_zps

Balcony lantern lights are up too.

F0C3B861-BF45-486A-AA57-49733BC89585_zps

Tomorrow will go check out the house again, hopefully we could see more complete finishing of the entire place

My hubby's study room was kept simple..

But he did something quite clever and cost effective ... Instead of spending a bomb for Eubiq power system cox he has too many switches to deal with. He got the electrician to fix this so that we could eliminate all the extension cords lolx

18D76C2F-CBE6-4FD6-9C8A-7B4330292BFA_zps

867E4371-C41B-4C5E-9659-949AF8A727E0_zps

And to my curiosity after reading other people's forum...I took the ladder and climbed up to check my door....look what I found!

A92E4A3B-89C6-4FD1-BB01-D05516D77C4A_zps

I asked my ID and she said it was left like that for expansion contraction of the door....does it make sense?? I dunno but felt aesthetically unsightly though no one will notice it but I do....so I get them to paint it up later, I think the bottom side of the door left under-painted should be sufficient ba

Also my DIY bird cages are up

256EACAF-5027-4883-A358-9F39F9A892CC_zps

98AD14C9-B2BE-4207-9239-03C7E5575DFC_zps

I thought color combi looks quite odd now that it is hung up at the ceiling ....so I think we might spray the color to something dark,not sure what to do hmmm.....anyone got any suggestion? I am quite stuck now

Edited by EMinlove

But he did something quite clever and cost effective ... Instead of spending a bomb for Eubiq power system cox he has too many switches to deal with. He got the electrician to fix this so that we could eliminate all the extension cords lolx

867E4371-C41B-4C5E-9659-949AF8A727E0_zps

And to my curiosity after reading other people's forum...I took the ladder and climbed up to check my door....look what I found!

I asked my ID and she said it was left like that for expansion contraction of the door....does it make sense?? I dunno but felt aesthetically unsightly though no one will notice it but I do....so I get them to paint it up later, I think the bottom side of the door left under-painted should be sufficient ba

98AD14C9-B2BE-4207-9239-03C7E5575DFC_zps

I thought color combi looks quite odd now that it is hung up at the ceiling ....so I think we might spray the color to something dark,not sure what to do hmmm.....anyone got any suggestion? I am quite stuck now

have you considered painting to dark wooden color or black?

have you considered painting to dark wooden color or black?

Thanks Alfred...I am also toying with either black spray/dark copper metallic spray. My ID suggests to make 3 silver birdcages + 1 green...but I thot it looks odd. The light guy said multi colors

I think I might just go with black to play safe hehe

Hi your gut instinct is right. Black would look nicer and if the big wall behind is cream/ light yellow, the black bird cages would accentuate that wall and make it the feature wall! Using warm light instead of white light would complete the whole ambience!

• Like 1

Hi your gut instinct is right. Black would look nicer and if the big wall behind is cream/ light yellow, the black bird cages would accentuate that wall and make it the feature wall! Using warm light instead of white light would complete the whole ambience!

Thx Makanology...that's true I can imagine now Haha....ok since u and Alfredt said black, I think I would just go with black to make it stands out. Btw my wall color is swan down white hehe

2d5ff58a-bbde-41e5-bbdd-557c59d6e0d5_zps

Thx Makanology...that's true I can imagine now Haha....ok since u and Alfredt said black, I think I would just go with black to make it stands out. Btw my wall color is swan down white hehe

2d5ff58a-bbde-41e5-bbdd-557c59d6e0d5_zps

:good:

• Like 1

I went to check my doors and they are the same!

Could this be an industry practice? But for what purpose?

I don't think it is an industry practice. Plus, I am not sure the reason for leaving it 'bare' is meant for expansion/contraction.

All my doors are not left 'bare' and it has been 5 years plus and they are still well (no expansion/contraction). *touch wood* though.

Whatever the case, if you paint them now, the paint may drop over the side. Best to leave them as they are unless you intend to repaint the whole door again.

Nice reno, EMinlove! Your hubby did the right thing, it is always good to have few plugs at the study area. As is, there'll always be so many devices that need plugs at the study. I always prefer to have dedicated plug for each device and to avoid extension cords to declutter the area.

As in the DIY Bird cages (an interesting DIY), how about leave them for now until the whole house is furnished? I guess you will have a better idea when all the bulky items are in place and how you can go about highlighting the bird cages. Hehe, just my 2 cents :)