Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

I suggest you put grill for the windows along the corridor for security reason. Else you can installed security alarm system. cheers.

Merry Christmas to all.

Hi Danny,

Ok I will consider your suggestion. I also feel safer to have grill for corridor windows but hubby says this is Singapore, very safe wan ...ID said got grill no style. Aiyo...hahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I wonder if its just me so fickle or home owners do jump back & forth on materials during Reno work? Is like the more I think the more concern I get that my house is too dark especially in living room area with dark laminates, dark blue feature wall and dark grey couch! So yesterday went to change color again

2fe501db-a909-4360-866c-105aaeace1ba_zps

Wall change to Shadow Play to brighten up the whole area. I think the same color just a few shades lighter...

F6EC8C99-CB27-45EA-A198-4802EB31D261_zps

Bathroom, I am also not quite satisfied with the look of the vanity cabinet. Thought it looks dull

image_zps5791b30b.jpg

So my ID showed me her new material..."Blake Ramshakle". Not quite sure how it will look is a large piece of cabinet but I thought it is quite unique..pray it will turn out ok.

244F21CF-16EC-4578-8569-5BA3CF60286E_zps

Also, went down to view the house. Partially plastered for upstairs and downstairs. And I notice door knob is fixed up...quite pleased with the outcome. I think with the dark wood door color, the knob will look much nicer.

18F8C04E-8E7C-409A-9227-C109422605E0_zps

Maybe the Reno work is slowing down with all these festive season people also no mood...or isit me very anxious wanna move in huh? Almost 3 weeks already, plaster still not complete. Sigh looks like no chance to make it for cny le :(

Edited by EMinlove

I went to buy lightings today...just realized two good deals, and I would like to share with you all.

1) Philip have staff sales every quaters...some of you may already know but newbie like me...I was quite lucky to stumble upon a new colleague of mine who happened to be ex-Philip staff, he shared that we can really get quite a good deal if we know someone inside to share their staff pass with you. These lightings at 40% off, so wait no more, I reserved 3 of those round led lights ($130 each before discoumt) for bathrooms cos it is water resistance and the round lantern lamp ($129 each before discount) for my balcony.

E7469933-CE03-432D-9773-AF2AE60AE8EF_zps

Since are quite a bit of saving, so I bought Christmas pressies for myself haha... philip air fryer at $275 after 40% off, retail was $459.

DB057351-63B1-4801-8FAB-E7E41A54DFCA_zps

And vacuum cleaner at $83 after 40%, retail was $139.

3F1E8D42-8F5F-4FFC-A55C-A7AEE4A06851_zps

2) I know is obvious if we go through ID contacts to get stuff is always more expensive, but how much ex is ex? The electrician recommended by my ID quoted us about $4K plus for 50 LED bulbs + 50 LED holder + 20 pieces of 2m track + 4 pieces of 1m track. But I manage to source all separately for about $1858 :)

Ordered 50pieces of this LED light from Home fix store. Is about $20/piece after 10% discount PLUS they have promo now for dbs/posb credit card till 31 Dec, every $200 bill U get $20 Home fix voucher! That's $100 worth of vouchers for me, more money to buy other stuff :)

FDFCF514-ECAC-40ED-9B9B-61B024128BAC_zps

Then I went to lightings.com.sg at Balestier..bought these stuff: track $20/2meter, $10/1meter, and the LED holder for $12 each. Thankfully the holder is compatible with the LED bulbs...I pray it last.

152F9DEB-A5B4-4258-ADCE-F6BD845C7101_zps

Go home a happy girl tonight. Big mission accomplished after a few weeks of searching for lights.

Edited by EMinlove

Bought this ottoman for the cozy corner beside my entrance...

3F0725C8-733D-47B8-8BE8-B473E0ADEE6C_zps

So happy to found this as it is colorful, can add some colors into my black & White House , just the right size for people to sit when we put on our shoes right beside the shoe rack. It is made in India and supplier brought only 6pieces for each design to Singapore to test market :) If not sealable they will stop bringing in any more stocks. So I gotta get my hands on this quickly while stock last!

I also saw this at Taka, a real telephone and double up as coin bank. You drop the coin above and it will go into the compartment underneath. Super cool but hesitated, due to the damage done with the ottoman. Maybe later if I still can't get my mind of it, this one have stock so no urgency haha

FD15D8E8-BBC5-430D-A5FC-C546193EF56A_zps

Edited by EMinlove

I am buying stuff bit at a time as we go along...

I read a lot of bloggers talking about getting fans from Malaysia is much cheaper, same price but RM. However, the down side is the fan warranty is from Malaysia and I was also told that the Singapore Electrician here will not want to repair the fan for you if anything goes wrong. I know fan hardly goes bad too quickly, but I am buying 5 fans...I feel that it is a lot of hassle to drive in and out to JB and get so many pieces and risk of the fan spoilt.

So after checking out prices at a few shops in SG (ie: Harvey Norman, Best Denki etc), I have finally decided to go with Parisilk since I have bought most of my electrical appliances there. Thought since I have checked price at Parisilk Sembawang and the price is reasonable, I should just get it from the same shop but Parisilk Holland-V branch due to convenient at that point of time. To my surprise, two Parisilk shops can quote me two different prices for the fan!

I bought two sets of CrestarTwin Air (black) 54" for living and 48" for dining. Sembawang branch quoted 54" to me $345 with remote, bought at Holland V branch at $337

870091D8-FBBC-4CB7-906B-72F3E14987F4_zps

Also bought three sets of FFM4000 Fanco 48" fan for bedroom upstairs. Sembawang branch quoted me $285 with remote and LED, bought at Holland V branch at $280. The guy in Holland V found out from the supplier that he quoted me the wrong price for LED light as the newer model light has 3 different lighting to set 3 different ambience light. The newer model LED light cost additional $20/piece. He very gentleman and honored me the old price that he quoted earlier.

CBAF4257-81E8-40C2-972F-0A21E781E187_zps

Though price difference for the fan seems not much, but as a consumer it still does not feel good that two shops from the same company could give you two different discount. Correct? Now it make me wonder how much I could have save if I bought all my electrical appliances ( fridge, dish washer, washing machine, hob and hood, oven) from Holland V branch instead of Sembwang branch =(

So my ID showed me her new material..."Blake Ramshakle". Not quite sure how it will look is a large piece of cabinet but I thought it is quite unique..pray it will turn out ok.

Hi there EMinlove, nice to see that you're doing a white/black themed home. We are doing similar things to our EA, and adopting a lot of black framing effect all over!

Btw, we will be choosing the 'ramshackle' laminate for our tv feature wall, although it will be the 'Rima Ramshackle' instead. Excited but nervous to see how it turns out. May I suggest that you look at a bigger sample to see if you really like the look? For these types of laminates it could really be hit or miss, hardly an in between (IMHO). You either love it or hate it. Could be a really important decision!

Good luck for the rest of your reno and excited to see how it turns out

Hi there EMinlove, nice to see that you're doing a white/black themed home. We are doing similar things to our EA, and adopting a lot of black framing effect all over!

Btw, we will be choosing the 'ramshackle' laminate for our tv feature wall, although it will be the 'Rima Ramshackle' instead. Excited but nervous to see how it turns out. May I suggest that you look at a bigger sample to see if you really like the look? For these types of laminates it could really be hit or miss, hardly an in between (IMHO). You either love it or hate it. Could be a really important decision!

Good luck for the rest of your reno and excited to see how it turns out

Thanks Vicx1234!

You are completely spot on for the Ramschakle...until today I am still thinking bout it. A bit worry how it looks like as a full cabinet as I saw my friend use this material for her kitchen cabinet triming, the trim is very skinny and it does not look too good for my taste...but I thought maybe a bigger piece may look better like TV console or cabinets.

During my second round material selection, my ID knows that I like Tiffany colour so she thought this would fit my colour choice and it is not those gloosy smooth type thus can fit the theme of my house. However, I am worry it will turn out very grungy looking....

Thanks for your advise, I just texted my ID to ask her show me a bigger piece of that material! :sport-smiley-018:

Took Danny's advise...

I decided to fix up window grills for corridor windows for safety reason. I think we really have moved on 3G era, material selection also can go through whatsapp! Lolx, My ID just sent me all these images and I choose from there. :good: Save time!

Window grill: WS 305

5752f5f4-c234-4af1-a2e7-71c768d0dd54_zps

In this lining:

0F7BF096-4BEA-4451-A581-E459BCCD27AD_zps

Also, I have a bit more time during this slow period, I decided to modify a bit of my Iron Wrought Gate Monogram design coz the initial sketch was a bit lop-sided on the R...so this new one more emphasize on the J. With a letter K in the middle for our family name.....Still not super perfect coz I use free hand to draw. Lets hope this one will turn out just the way I vision it to be haha :wub:

1235DAAA-7FFA-4712-BB6C-1F71B3646DED_zps

Edited by EMinlove

I wonder if its just me so fickle or home owners do jump back & forth on materials during Reno work? Is like the more I think the more concern I get that my house is too dark especially in living room area with dark laminates, dark blue feature wall and dark grey couch! So yesterday went to change color again

2fe501db-a909-4360-866c-105aaeace1ba_zps

Wall change to Shadow Play to brighten up the whole area. I think the same color just a few shades lighter...

F6EC8C99-CB27-45EA-A198-4802EB31D261_zps

Bathroom, I am also not quite satisfied with the look of the vanity cabinet. Thought it looks dull

image_zps5791b30b.jpg

Also, went down to view the house. Partially plastered for upstairs and downstairs. And I notice door knob is fixed up...quite pleased with the outcome. I think with the dark wood door color, the knob will look much nicer.

18F8C04E-8E7C-409A-9227-C109422605E0_zps

Maybe the Reno work is slowing down with all these festive season people also no mood...or isit me very anxious wanna move in huh? Almost 3 weeks already, plaster still not complete. Sigh looks like no chance to make it for cny le :(

Hi,

I used Blake ramshackle for my bedroom wardrobe... It is in greenish bluish tone and it really match my green wall... It should be a great choice... If you need a closer look or an enlarge view for better visualization, I can take some photos for you. :)

Hi,

I used Blake ramshackle for my bedroom wardrobe... It is in greenish bluish tone and it really match my green wall... It should be a great choice... If you need a closer look or an enlarge view for better visualization, I can take some photos for you. :)

Hi MHB,

Yes yes if you could share with me your wardbrobe photo that will be really helpful. My ID gave me a large image but still....really hard to visualize IF it will look alright. I spend days thinking bout it, and still thinking :(

Eminlove

So the Reno work is slowing down a bit now..

I have been texting my ID from time to time to check on the progress.

Just as I thought I am almost done buying stuff for awhile as carpentry is not up yet, I realized that I haven't gotten my kitchen sink!

When to look around and found an image on how the kitchen sink placement that I like as below:

I think is quite close to my home design now with the dishwasher at the side and the wooden frame cabinet

3CB91602-191E-40A2-843E-B4C267E20318_zps

Initially wanted to get Ikea sink (62cm x 65cm) thought this will turn up to be like the picture above by my ID said based on standard cabinet width it will stick out like 5cm or more! Or I don't do black splash at the sink area which I thought is very strange given that the whole counter top has back splash. Or to rest the sink on the black splash

3E129407-47BC-4B9C-8B71-BE7ABFCF3BD0_zps

Another option are these sink from Adamas. But it will not stick out like the picture above and I thought it quite narrow. Also, I am torn between single sink vs double sink.

6E43E304-1582-4BD2-8D27-EBF0B3EEFD29_zps

E58E4EA0-3530-46D7-8BC6-037C4C5CD968_zps

Anyone has any good sink shop you could share with me so I could have more selection? Also what's your take on single vs double sink huh?

Edited by EMinlove

A deep single sink helps a lot when we have to wash big pots. Also during Christmas, we used it to put the turkey in for marination. Contains the mess within the sink!

A deep single sink helps a lot when we have to wash big pots. Also during Christmas, we used it to put the turkey in for marination. Contains the mess within the sink!

Makanology, do you have a rough dimension of your sink? Can share where did you bought your sink? I think the single sink 595x455x250 has the right depth but the width or length is too short :(

Edited by EMinlove