Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

Hi OceanEleven, Soonliew and Creative_vitamin,

I am not buying casette aircond, but probably get something like this:

de99e413-bd29-49ab-a5d4-63fb170d7861_zps

just not sure what brand is good. Some say Panasonic is good, some say Mitsubishi is good. I might just end up with Mitsubishi. We are thinking to place aircond in the living, dining, master and study room. The small room (guest room) we just put ceiling fan since we do not have many guest over. I find our house the entrance/dining area a bit warm, maybe the orientation of the house (east-west direction i think), does not provide enough air circulation. The seller said is best to get 4-system aircond, with the aircon unit Two big Two Small. With that, I am also considering to put fall ceiling from entrance-living-dining so that I can also add ceiling fan + lighting. So that we could save some $$ not to have aircond 24/7

Fridge that Panasonic one my husband really like...as much as I find it very heart pain coz it cost about $3.5K :jawdrop: But it is energy saving, multiple compartments for us to put our stuff, most importantly it has ice maker with auto sensor! lolx ya we both **** lazy to refill the ice tray. Plus sales man said this one can do on sleep mode depends on the enviroment, so night time room dark dark...it will go into energy saving sleep mode. So while we sleep, the fridge sleeps too hahaha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Danny,

You are right! I just checked:

"Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).

Under the Building Control (Amendment) Act, flat owners are required to engage Building & Construction Authority-trained air-con installers to install the air-con outside their flats and to keep the authority informed when they carry out the installation works.

However, for installation of air-conditioners using existing approved air-con points and other electrical works, there is no need to apply for an HDB permit. You need to submit an application (using SP Services Ltd's Form CS/5H) to HDB. Thereafter you may apply to SP Services Ltd to test the extensions."

Arghhh why this unit so many problem! :bangwall:8|

Also, Samsung washing machine noisy ah? All my friends seem to be getting that brand, they say very good wor :good: I just need a front load machine so my clothes dryer can stack on top heh

Oh ya...may I ask if our block water pressure ok for Rain Shower??? My contractor also checking on this...but I thought I ask you too since u already staying there :)

Fridge wise, I am not sure about brand but try not to get those huge fridge with top and bottom side door opening. Imagine everytime you open the door you draw out alot of cool air and everything you closed the door you pushing in a lot of hot air. This will make the fridge compressor work harder thus consume more electricity.

It is better to chose those with more smaller door opening and multi compartment. Your choice here seem to be good.

For Air-con, our block has not be upgraded for electrical loading to 40amps so you need to be careful when choosing the Aircon. (ours only 30amps, if I remember correctly) Some of the model of the aircon has compressor with high electrical rating and cannot be installed. Example some model under Mitsubushi Heavy Industrial range.

I am using a Starmex system 4. So far so good. But as you know I partition part of my living room so System 4 is sufficent for me.

The outdoor unit I think 28,000 btu with fancoil 1x10K and 3x9K .

2 compressor in one unit may not be permitted for a 30amps household.

Ceiling casette aircon, I think you need to drop your false ceiling really low to installed one. Not advicable in most instances

Check this for the electrical rating

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

Washer,

I am using a Samsung front loading now...not too bad in term of function but it is very very noisy when spinning dry, sound like Aircraft taking off.

check out LG should be much quieter.

Edited by EMinlove

Danny,

You are right! I just checked:

"Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).

Under the Building Control (Amendment) Act, flat owners are required to engage Building & Construction Authority-trained air-con installers to install the air-con outside their flats and to keep the authority informed when they carry out the installation works.

However, for installation of air-conditioners using existing approved air-con points and other electrical works, there is no need to apply for an HDB permit. You need to submit an application (using SP Services Ltd's Form CS/5H) to HDB. Thereafter you may apply to SP Services Ltd to test the extensions."

Arghhh why this unit so many problem! :bangwall:8|

Also, Samsung washing machine noisy ah? All my friends seem to be getting that brand, they say very good wor :good: I just need a front load machine so my clothes dryer can stack on top heh

Oh ya...may I ask if our block water pressure ok for Rain Shower??? My contractor also checking on this...but I thought I ask you too since u already staying there :)

The water pressure is OK.

Actually no need dryer ...With air con turned on and window closed. Clothing hang over night will be dried hahaa

...The next day. This happen to us but we have our roller shutter closed at night.

The water pressure is OK.

Actually no need dryer ...With air con turned on and window closed. Clothing hang over night will be dried hahaa

...The next day. This happen to us but we have our roller shutter closed at night.

Lolx..

Dryer we are bringing from our current place. Thankfully a bunch of our furniture quite ok condition like the console, bed frame and all the electrical appliances! Otherwise can bankrupt buying so many stuff at one go... :wacko:

Cont...

7) The ugly zig zag stairs wall again

image_zps58df1188.jpg?t=1385472703

I just want to say that your previous owner may have paid good money to some ID for this designer staircase and have been very proud of it. One man's meat is another man's poison!

I just want to say that your previous owner may have paid good money to some ID for this designer staircase and have been very proud of it. One man's meat is another man's poison!

Kstoh,

This is so true! It is indeed a designer wall back then...in fact I was actually quite impressed that 20-years ago they actually have thought about building a walk-in wardrobe in the master and feature glass wall near the stairs to block entrance looking straight into the stairs (fengshui maybe).

But now thinking that I might need to pay $8K to revert back the stairs to original state....you are absolutely correct to say is a poison to me

Can I ask you all...

Initially we thought we could do away with fall ceiling coz feedback from my family that fall ceiling catch dusk and difficult to clean. However ,having to go down to actual site, I feel that it is ugly to have the standard hdb fan with lights and string at the bottom to pull type. And fall ceiling we could hide most of the wiring. So I got my ID to quote us the fall ceiling for the whole lower level minus kitchen & balcony. Quote came back, it is $2460...is it me?or it is actually quite huh?

Not like I could do anything bout it, but just wonder if it worth having one.

I was thinking of getting Mitsubishi also but with 3 X 9,000 BTU for the rooms and 24,000 BTU for the hall

Soonliew,

My ID advise to also get 24000 BTU for living. She quoted me Mitshubishi inverter system 4, (9/9/12/24 btu), include bracket and 1/2 inch insulation p,us water tray $4620. I think I might get from her though more ex, Parissilk quote about $4k. But let her people do I don't need to worry where the wiring/trunking goes, if all the specs are similar etc

Hello Everyone...

Just wanna share with you our dream home :notti:

Not the final final but close enough to our idea. There are some changes here and there.

Look from entrance (The staircase that we want so bad but still pending re-approval, track lighting will be in black color). Floor laminates will be in dark color to make the house feels warmer

image_zps882e1940.jpg?t=1385810124

Shoe Rack with dark green chalkboard (ignore the floor, it suppose to be dark color). we want the shoe rack to be the focus point when you walk into the house and more personalized with the chalkboard, so we can leave messages/quotes for each other :sport-smiley-018: . At the same time, a lot of storage for shoes and to keep our backpacks, umbrellas, ironing board and wacum cleaner etc

image_zps8b0e6749.jpg?t=1385810236

Living room with special Blue color. We have added a partition wall to conceal the odd shape wall behind. So back of the TV is our main store room. The original storage space door has changed to be access from inside the main store room.

2fe501db-a909-4360-866c-105aaeace1ba_zps

Our Kitchen @ my favourite part of the house (cafe style with black and white lines, due to the layout of the kitchen, we have no choice but to place the fridge beside the bathroom. As such, the cabinets beside the fridge has to be open from the dining room where we will keep the serving plates, alchohol etc to maximize the cabinet space, we also decided to remove the wine chiller idea because it is hard to find a wine chiller that could fit nicely and well ventilated)

64cb9300-dfe3-4609-a270-61c9131fe55b_zps

Chalkboard bathroom door @kitchen to conceal the bathroom and double up as my recipe board :lol: . image_zpscb183d4d.jpg?t=1385814899

Edited by EMinlove

View from the balcony into the kitchen (door and windows are removed from this image to show the full kitchen)

image_zps83a08af4.jpg?t=1385810073

Trellis at Balcony (just received another bad news today from HDB requested us to change the material for my trellis. We wanted to do polycarbonate with chennai wood timber but they asked us to use laminated glass on metal frame) with that it has bumped the price up from $4.5K to $9K++ :jawdrop: So this idea has to be shelved for now until we have more $$$ but then again, I am not sure if that is even worth it!

image_zps4751ffe0.jpg?t=1385810096

Walk-in wardrobe @ Masteroom. Again, to hide the odd shape wall, we have decided to add partition and make it into a walk-in wardrobe. The dressing table we felt that it is too cramp so decided to change into part of the wardrobe so we have more space for clothes.

image_zps71d5c793.jpg?t=1385810206

Master bathroom (we decided to do away with the recess light near the basin and changed track lighting into normal bathroom lights). Master bathroom is pathetically small. sigh

image_zps42abccb9.jpg?t=1385814156

Common Bathrooms (same style as the master's bath)

image_zps5791b30b.jpg?t=1385814167

The other two rooms are just minimal, just laminated floor, plaster wall and paint.

Edited by EMinlove

These are materials we selected:

The bottom wood (Colonial Oak) is for the floor laminte through out the whole house. The Zen Walnut will be the color painted for the wood plank on the staircase steps and all the doors

image_zps6e3d8251.jpg

Tiles for Kitchen, balcony and common bathroom. The dark tiles is for the flooring, which we will use the same in the common bathroom downstairs. White tiles for the downstairs bathroom walls

image_zps23e9c9ef.jpg?t=1385810367

Tiles for bathrooms upstairs (master room + common): Dark tiles for floor, same white tiles for the wall

image_zps1853cc57.jpg?t=1385810404

Gabled Blue for feature wall in living room

810dec18-4b50-4877-9407-979dce05aa4a_zps

Swan Down white color for entire house, Canadian Sky color for master room feature wall color

2d5ff58a-bbde-41e5-bbdd-557c59d6e0d5_zps

Vanity Cabinet Dark Veridian color against the bathroom walls + Floor tiles for upstairs bathrooms

image_zpsaadca4cd.jpg?t=1385810478

Didn't manage to take photo of my kitchen counter top and bathroom counter tops :(

Edited by EMinlove

Went to grabbed some stuff for bathrooms, bought a bunch of stuff from Ideal Bath, They having SALES there! So we loot some items at a steal :):dancingqueen:

This lady name Gloria served us and she is very friendly and helpful. :good:

Ideal Standard Toilet seats: We got two soft covers + 1 normal cover

image_zps074a379e.jpg?t=1385866358

15 gallon Rheem heater: Confirm enough water hehe

image_zpsba74effe.jpg?t=1385866383

Rain Shower for two batthrooms upstairs, hubby likes the adjustable shower head :thumbs up:

image_zps9fbb9efe.jpg

Shower mixer for two bathrooms upstairs

image_zps1e9fb02e.jpg?t=1385808206

Simple shower for bathroom downstairs also with adjustable shower head

image_zps5c4090da.jpg?t=1385810006

Shower Mixer for downstairs bathroom

image_zps9d9c28f4.jpg?t=1385808165

Basin mixer for upstairs bathrooms

image_zps21f0dd73.jpg?t=1385809973

Basin for upstairs: Nice and big hehe

2aad94cf-a378-4753-8385-7961ef878eb1_zps

Basin mixer for downstairs bathroom

076f0476-656c-4fb2-a1da-0aba84dbe713_zps

Basin for downstairs bathroom: Due to space constrain, we just gotta make do with a small one

image_zps717a5e2f.jpg?t=1385786190

Hi,

Nice Design...Really looking forward to see your great transformation...

Any updates of the concrete railing...can you proceed with the hacking or got to live with it?