Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

So I asked my contractor who asked the supplier for laminate and his reply was :

"Fm supplier: if the floor is cement floor than use rubber. If with tiles flooring we use aluminum foil underlay...

tell them foam de is the most cheapo type use by china board. Use to wrap furniture de.

We use the Aluminum foil de is better than the 1mm foam underlay use by china board. I dont have that... lolz

Most important explain to them rubber de is needed more if floor very uneven.

But your jurong site ok floor swee swee..."

Lolx.... So I guess in summary we are using aluminum foil which suppose to be better than foam that seems to be ok for our good condition tiles :P

Sorry for the late reply.

When i renovated my parents' flat 2 years ago, I was also using Krono-O and the underlay is foam like yours in the photo. So far so good. but my parents' flat is terazo (hope i spell it correctly) flooring.

Fast forward 2 years later, now that i need to renovate my own flat, they started to provide rubberized underlay. I became wiser (after going to the booths in Expo selling German laminate flooring), the sales say will provide rubberized underlay, even though its tile flooring. And they say rubberized underlay is better e.g. sound absorption (doesn't sound hollow if you drop a ping-pong ball on the laminate flooring, etc). They also say if i get laminate thru ID, i would not get rubberized underlay but foam.

Since the price no difference (since costing its per sq foot anyway), i bypass my ID and get direct. Just need to pass their contact to the ID to co-ordinate.

Edited by claypot

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My contractor contacts insisted it is ok and that is not foam is Alum Foil underlay...urmmmm

But I checked the progress, they already started overlay the laminates liao :(

I think is too late for this round. But i will keep this in mind for my next round when I change laminate. Thanks for the info Claypot!

My contractor contacts insisted it is ok and that is not foam is Alum Foil underlay...urmmmm

But I checked the progress, they already started overlay the laminates liao :(

I think is too late for this round. But i will keep this in mind for my next round when I change laminate. Thanks for the info Claypot!

should not be a problem to use that. i've been using that for the past 2 years and no issues.

once my own flat is ready, then i would know the difference between the 2 underlays.

should not be a problem to use that. i've been using that for the past 2 years and no issues.

once my own flat is ready, then i would know the difference between the 2 underlays.

Ya,...do let me know ya, I would be interested to know if got any diff also.

This morning just scolded Meyer coz they called me up saying that my Oven, Hood and Hob need to wait till Feb to deliver which they actually promised me to deliver in Jan. After much scolding, they miracurously "found" all 3 items to send by tomorrow.

Aiyo i think my reno is slowly setting in, started to get a bit cold feet and paranoid....cham :furious:

Laminates are in..

D4DC5656-434A-419D-BC5E-4DDFB80FB2BD_zps

Dark colonial oak color

FA056071-8E67-4AAD-BA6D-F079DB05CE1C_zps

Bedrooms are done too. Super like the dark laminate vs dark frame window

F182B962-9922-4D8E-8B87-C27C0F0D7F09_zps

Master bath room. Due to space really small we got no choice but to have sliding door this way to open up the space

BF457B44-DD76-4134-95D2-FEB9DE763669_zps

Edited by EMinlove

Common bath. Different style of shower screen

25F59772-5033-422D-B03F-5853F244EABA_zps

Yay! All fittings like toilet bowls, sink etc all IN already

7617577C-F212-4F12-BEF8-41B44B02B18F_zps

So exciting cant wait for next week whether carpentry will be up and my kitchen glass frame door will be up too woohoo

Floors looking good! We're at about the same stage of the reno, though they've started putting up our carpentry today :bleah:

I think this is the part of the reno where you can really start to see everything come together. It's a very exciting phase so enjoy it!

• Like 1

Hahaha thanks!

Ya I am getting a bit impatient at this stage Liao, cox I wanna see the end result soon. Getting really really excited as everything starting to take place.

Just saw your work, looking pretty awesome yrself! Love ur WIW though people kept saying the open WIW, clothes will turn yellow wor.

Not sure how true is this...mine also same setup as yours, no door for wardrobe too.

Btw how do you add your forum link and contract details to your post huh?

Thanks! I don't think the clothes yellowing will be a problem bah. Usually it's the parts with wood etc which will get mouldy, especially if it is very near a toilet. Whatever the case, I think an open wardrobe is good cos you're forced to maintain and keep it clean. Plus, you can actually see all your clothes! :good: You know how they say you only wear what you see.

For the signature that you see below my post, just go to "My Settings" --> "Signature" and then type it in. :)

• Like 1

Thanks vicx1234,

Ya I was concern for awhile so decided to ask my carpenter. Apparently my space is too small so also can't do glass cover for my WIW. Luckily the WIW is away from bathroom so it helps a lil...so lets see what happens in a couple years time

Will u make it to move in before CNY? We are ur rushing for that deadline. ID said delivery by 27/1, so my fam said deliver all items on 28/1...then 4/2 only officially move in coz that date is good for us.

Thx for sharing how to add signature :)

That's good that your wiw is away from bathroom, but whatever the case still must keep the area as well ventilated as you possibly can.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it for CNY as our pole system WIW will only come in on Valentine's Day! Oh well, that's ok since my wife is in HK for 2 months anyway.

I do hope that your contractor can make the deadline, that would be awesome. :good:

That's good that your wiw is away from bathroom, but whatever the case still must keep the area as well ventilated as you possibly can.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it for CNY as our pole system WIW will only come in on Valentine's Day! Oh well, that's ok since my wife is in HK for 2 months anyway.

I do hope that your contractor can make the deadline, that would be awesome. :good:

Really ah?oh dear.my WIW not ventilated I just cut out a part of my bedroom to make WIW and only one opening which is the entrance!

Ok la...don't rush the work so they can do properly. I think that is very important.