Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

Hey koori.

Congrats on your successful Reno.

I'm a newbie in this forum as well as to renovations.

Could u please send me your contractor's contact details?

Thanks so much.

PM-ed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Took leave specially today to wait for stuff at the unit. More pictures less talk~

2nd arrival, my super single bed frame and mattress. The bed frame is FOC from the purchase of the mattress.

IMG_2554_zps07c436f7.jpg

The free mattress protector and pillow that came with the mattress as well :

IMG_2558_zpsfd360a77.jpg

Mind I ask where do you buy the bed and mattress from? Thanks :)

Mind I ask where do you buy the bed and mattress from? Thanks :)

Hi surfbuyer. Bought the mattress at Courts. They have lots of mattresses for you to try. My experience was I told the salesgirl I liked firm mattresses and she started recommending from there.

Been using MaxCoil all along, but I thought I'll be open minded and try others....ended up still got a MaxCoil. The other brands either felt too hard or too soft to me...

The bed was FOC from the mattress purchase, also from MaxCoil. I have no idea if promotion is still on.

Random pics coming up. Think concrete stove/sink support is 'out of fashion' these days. I see lots more wooden cabinets supporting the stove and sink designed these days instead of the concrete type....

Had a question on this, so thought to update with more photos. Hope it helps anyone considering concrete stove/sink support integration with wood cabinets. :)

The quartz top actually has a L shape covering down to the to the top of the cabinet. So from the front and sides there is no 'gap' and the quartz looks like one huge slab. As posted before, this is just iQuartz, not some atas quartz brand. :P

So far so good, no stains so far *touch wood*. No scratches either....not that I recommend dragging sharp stuff over the surface.

IMG_5250_zps51dfb89f.jpg

IMG_5256_zps97188a10.jpg

The below is showing where the concrete support and the wooden frame 'connects' . Sorry, shaky hands on hp..photo a bit blur. The wooden cabinet frame is a bit 'further' out from the concrete support. The hinges are fixed on wood, not on concrete.

IMG_5253_zps7a2360ab.jpg

The door right beside, I only see wood on all four sides. The concrete support is not visible from this door.

IMG_5251_zps7c773351.jpg

This photo shows where my citigas pipe is 'hiding'. The concrete area is not tiled on the underside on the top of the cabinets...as you can see from the picture. This is the 'usual' way it's done. For me, no point tiling this area either...one big hole cut out for the stove so the surface area is actually quite small.

The raw concrete cannot be seen unless you open the cabinet doors and squat down to look upwards, which was what I did to be able to get this photo showing the raw concrete. At eye level, you won't be able to see this raw concrete section.

IMG_5252_zps3f3b1389.jpg

Hi surfbuyer. Bought the mattress at Courts. They have lots of mattresses for you to try. My experience was I told the salesgirl I liked firm mattresses and she started recommending from there.

Been using MaxCoil all along, but I thought I'll be open minded and try others....ended up still got a MaxCoil. The other brands either felt too hard or too soft to me...

The bed was FOC from the mattress purchase, also from MaxCoil. I have no idea if promotion is still on.

Hi Koori,

Do you mind PM-ing me the price of your MaxCoil mattress? A bit scared to approach Courts salesperson somehow.

Hi Koori,

Do you mind PM-ing me the price of your MaxCoil mattress? A bit scared to approach Courts salesperson somehow.

PM-ed you the price plus the Courts outlet I went to. I hope the salesgal is still there, she was very pleasant.

Hunting for contractors can you pm me your's quotation and alex detail.

thank you

Hi~ pm-ed contact details. Not sharing detailed quotes though as I think might not be fair to the contractor coz different requirements and all...

I did have a listing of stuff I did on post #42. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64232-clueless-singles-4rm-reno/?p=841830

Total reno is around $32K. Hope that helps with your budgeting. :)

2 more doors on the right. My kitchen doesn't have space for me to back off enough to capture the full cabinets area. :lol:

IMG_2404_zpsad4bbe3d.jpg

Behind these 2 doors are the stainless steel drawer racks I got from Song-Cho [mentioned in earlier posts].

IMG_2406_zps669b9b1c.jpg

Hi, can I know how much you bought for these stainless steel pull out racks?

Hi, can I know how much you bought for these stainless steel pull out racks?

Hi, the stainless steel pull out rack is $240 each. :)

The very cute stainless steel container I got for my salt. Looks good, but a bit small. 500g salt package cannot fit all leh....think has about capacity of 300g only as I am left with slightly less than half a pack of salt.

IMG_3439_zpsbf33bec2.jpgIMG_3440_zps785b1761.jpg

Update : DO NOT get stainless steel for salt container. :D

Some kind of chemical effect with salt+humidity in singapore + steel. Either that, or the seller is bluffing about this being stainless steel. The container has 'rust' brownish spots on the inside of the container. Aiyah, I forgot to take a picture before I threw it out. Really grossed out with 'brown' salt. [they got stained.]

Gives me an excuse to go shopping again~ not that I needed one....

i wonder it has holes, will ants climb in easily?

sorry, which holes you referring to?

LOL. Actually, ants are so small, they can simply even live in a crack in your grout line...*touch wood* - not that my grout line has cracks.

I think it's not possible to have no ants. Can reduce them by ensuring cleaning up of food drips on table/counter and throwing the trash out every day .

Yes, i found ants....they usually appear at dining table area. Just a few here and there, not serious....no idea where they came from. They don't march in a army like those in my parent's house, you can trace them one whole line going back 'home'. My place's ants are more loner types, you see one or two appearing on a ad-hoc basis.

There is also a lizard living somewhere in my kitchen. I have never seen it, but I have cleaned up it's droppings a few times liao. Luckily my entire kitchen wall is tiled, just wipe with Mr. Muscle and the brown streaks comes off cleanly.

Edited by koori

• Like 1

Hi koori,

Congrats on your new house n great Reno!

We just got a unit with similar layout as yours! Your renovation is great! Do u mind to pm me your contractor contact n details? As I'll only go for the Reno on kitchen n 2 toilets, so not thinking of getting ID.

Thanks!