Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mishmish

Lush Furniture Service

Hi all,

I seldom write bad reviews on anything, preferring to say nothing when i have nothing good to say. In this case, I've received such horrible serivce that I feel like i have to say something even though its going to be a long story. Its been a long time since i've come into T-Blog, but I used to update regularly on my T-blog Journey Home. Which i should really update again now that my home is quite lived in.

So at the end of november, I went to a furniture shop at Jalan Besar that was owned by Lush. And there i bought two stools, (called Fortune Cookie Stools by a brand they carry called Matzform). Each stool was about 300 bucks, which I think most people can agree is not exactly cheap, but once in a while, we do indulge. The sales person, Dino, said he would try his best to deliver it before Christmas and said we would probably get it by then. The invoice wrote that delivery would be in 4 to 6 weeks.

1 week before Christmas, nobody has called, so i call to inquire when i would see the stools. They said oh, its not gonna arrive before Christmas, but it would be in by 15th January. Definitely before Chinese New Year. I said okay, do you promise by 15th Jan I will see the stools? They say yes, for sure. I tell them to please keep me updated if there the stools come earlier or there will be more delays. They said, yes, we will.

Fast forward to Jan. I call around 15th Jan to ask, where my stools are. Again, no apology or anything for not calling me, just a "Oh, its delayed. But definitely before Chinese New Year you will get those stools." At this point, I'm getting frustrated. Nobody has called to tell me of delays, every step of the way, I've had to call and ask, nobody at Lush has taken any initiative to call me to inform me of delays. In fact, apologies for the repeated delays were also not forthcoming. All I kept hearing was, delay in shipping.

So, 2 weeks before Chinese New Year, I am in full Panic Mode. I call and ask, where are the stools, I have guests coming during CNY, and the extra seating would really be important. The person calls me back after a day or so to say, we can deliver those stools tomorrow. I say fantastic, and i arrange for delivery.

Day of delivery, my mother in law is at home waiting for it, as they are delivering during office hours. The stools come, and my MIL calls me saying "Its all scratched and there are dents." I talk to the delivery people who tell me, "You mean you dont know? these are the show room pieces, your new ones are in bad condition, so we cannot send you your new ones, we lend you the showroom ones for CNY."

Since I had no idea of this arrangement, I called the office to ask what was going on. The office also expressed no surprise that i didnt know i was getting showroom pieces, which made me suspect they were hoping i wouldnt realise. They then said that my stools were still in shipping, and that they would be in Singapore 27th Jan but they were afraid it would be too short a time to ensure delivery so they decided not to risk it.

At this point, i was getting really mad. First I had to call myself to find out where my stools were, secondly nobody told me they were sending me showroom pieces until it arrived at my door, and they followed this up by giving me different stories. Delivery guy says new stools arrived but in bad condition, office says they are not in Singapore yet. The office people then tell me i should be MORE UNDERSTANDING. As its CNY and these stools are called Fortune Cookie stools so they are very popular. But i ordered them in NOVEMBER. its not like i ordered in Jan right? All the while, they were completely unapologetic about it until i called a customer service officer to complain.

When they delayed it the second round, I asked them to compensate me for the delay and they offered me $50 vouchers at their store. This time, after i REPEATEDLY said that they should compensate me, they said okay how about 88 dollars of vouchers. To which I said I would not be purchasing anything from them again, so i would have no use of vouchers. So after many tos and fros, they said 88 dollars in cash. Fine. And they said they would TRY to send my stools before CNY as I wanted to have new stools and not old ones for CNY.

When i asked what would happen if they could not send me new stools before CNY? They said then they will refund me and take back the show room pieces. Take it or leave it. No compensation. This was basically the attitude they took throughout the entire episode. In the end i got so frustrated i said just take your stools back and refund me, forget compensation. And they did. But the entire episode has left a sour taste in my mouth and I will never buy anything from them again.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 5

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I know what you mean. We had a similar experience as well (with another furniture place). Many places think that by agreeing to a refund they have solved all the problems and should no longer be held accountable. But what really frustrates us is the amount of time and effort already wasted on them. And at the end, having to start your search all over again! They can give refunds or vouchers or cash but nothing can compensate the trouble they put us through.

We wrote about our experience here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64311-bad-experience-with-online-furniture-shop-castlery/?hl=castlery

Though of course, there are those who 'support' the place that in our experience was a screw up: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64368-great-experience-with-online-furniture-shop-castlery/?hl=castlery

Hope you managed to find stools in time for your CNY festivities! At least at the end of all the nonsense, we walk away wiser and with a word of warning for other renotalkers.

i think the experience is hair-raising for sure, but at least they still offer to refund every single cent if i read it correctly. Imagine they don't :S

so did you get the stools in the end? what is the closure?

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with certain shops/suppliers during my reno and furnishing phases. All I can say is that customer service at some places is appalling. Or perhaps non-existent. I will tell my friends to avoid these places. And for those bad reviews I read here, I will avoid the companies myself.

I am surprise they refund you. I ordered some furniture from them and it got delayed but when I ask for refund they simply ignore my calls. I also bought from this sales person Dino and he promise me that it will be delivered within 8 weeks. It is now 15 weeks, I have no furniture and no refund. Can I ask how did you get your refund? Did you go to CASE?

Yes, we actually went down and John is the person in-charge, he told us that he will follow up but in the end he ignore all our calls to his mobile. This is so frustrating. I just want to have my refund and put an end to this.

• Like 1

Hi this is what you should do:

1. Send the shop an email or fax setting out all that has happened, and make a reasonable demand e.g. deliver by certain date or full refund. Don't make additional unreasonable demands. Give the shop one last chance in case they have any explanation.

2. If nothing happens, proceed to lodge a claim with the Small Claims Tribunal at http://www.smallclaims.gov.sg. I am assuming that your claim is not more than S$10,000.

You will get your furniture or refund, unless the company goes bankrupt.

You can also go to CASE for this kind of complaint but in my opinion it is better to just go direct to small claims for this type of matter.

Edited by kstoh

Yes, we actually went down and John is the person in-charge, he told us that he will follow up but in the end he ignore all our calls to his mobile. This is so frustrating. I just want to have my refund and put an end to this.

John is overseas. He went back boracay. He told me when I placed the order for the sofa

John is overseas. He went back boracay. He told me when I placed the order for the sofa

Really wish you good luck :) and hopefully they could see all our frustrations here, although I doubt they do :P

• Like 1

I am surprise they refund you. I ordered some furniture from them and it got delayed but when I ask for refund they simply ignore my calls. I also bought from this sales person Dino and he promise me that it will be delivered within 8 weeks. It is now 15 weeks, I have no furniture and no refund. Can I ask how did you get your refund? Did you go to CASE?

I've made up a story that I will be relocate to oversea for job assignment and can't afford to wait any longer for their delivery. In the end, they allow me to cancel my purchase and I got full refund :)

I've made up a story that I will be relocate to oversea for job assignment and can't afford to wait any longer for their delivery. In the end, they allow me to cancel my purchase and I got full refund :)

Good to know that you got a refund. But really there is no need for you to make up a story, if you are perfectly entitled to the refund.

I really hope mine will arrive on time! In aug !! 3 months shd be more than enough! He said even if they can deliver they will loan me a sofa.

Really wish you good luck :) and hopefully they could see all our frustrations here, although I doubt they do :P

My mum and I had bought a sofa and 4 pieces of dining chairs from them before. It was delivered on time, and also on a Saturday which we had requested for. Overall, there was no issue and we are satisfied with their service.