Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Used same ID and we bought the same chairs - Gosh!

It's a Japanese design sold everywhere in Japan - Ilari chairs - with originals selling on Global Rakuten with a much better finishing.

But exporting here is troublesome - hence TAOBAO!

Was initially worried about quality but upon seeing your chairs arriving safely - big confidence booster for me now.

*fingers crossed* I get my chairs safe end of next week - or no idea how long Peeka ships here since it shipped on 11th September (another shipment left 6th September)

A few other TB purchases that I could finally unearth from their boxes cos the house is pretty much done:

Tolix dining chairs. The finish is lovely. The white one is quite wobbly but nothing a rubber floor protector on the bottom can't fix.

4512CA44-1537-4CDF-ACF9-E796DD4A6E1A_zps

A fabric chair that the wife loves. Good stable construction. Wood finish could be finer but its decent.

4057D50A-81AD-46A4-9121-334EB3BCF2AC_zps

Meet elephunt! Our cheap sculpture. lol And we feel it softens the feel of the house alot.

F10BE078-382D-4EEE-8FE6-49C9FF511F41_zps

A few other TB purchases that I could finally unearth from their boxes cos the house is pretty much done:

Tolix dining chairs. The finish is lovely. The white one is quite wobbly but nothing a rubber floor protector on the bottom can't fix.

A fabric chair that the wife loves. Good stable construction. Wood finish could be finer but its decent.

Meet elephunt! Our cheap sculpture. lol And we feel it softens the feel of the house alot.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can't do anything to change the color of the wood? The elephant is cute though!

Caaaan. Can sand down, re-stain and varnish over. But I don't have confidence in achieving the desired look since I've never stained wood before. Coupled with the effort and the mess it will generate, I decided to leave it. Much to the relief of the mrs. :P

Elephant available in singapore in tangs for about $150 i think. Only $40 on TB with shipping. heh.

Used same ID and we bought the same chairs - Gosh!

It's a Japanese design sold everywhere in Japan - Ilari chairs - with originals selling on Global Rakuten with a much better finishing.

But exporting here is troublesome - hence TAOBAO!

Was initially worried about quality but upon seeing your chairs arriving safely - big confidence booster for me now.

*fingers crossed* I get my chairs safe end of next week - or no idea how long Peeka ships here since it shipped on 11th September (another shipment left 6th September)

Just shows that we have the same good taste! Ilari? That's what its called?

We wanted it for our dining chairs at first, but then thought that the tolix would be more suited to the theme and didn't think it would match together.

So that picture was live and I can say that the finish and colour are pretty accurately depicted. For the price we paid, it's a steal. lol

Did you use Peeka to ship the chairs?

How long did it take from shipping out of China date, to arrival at your place? 15 days?

Yeah clean, minimalist and grey? Nice!

I wanted to reply you on TB but forgot. Lucky that u mentioned. I used Oops.sg and they took about 15 days yes. Which I felt was pretty fast.

Hey hellonub!

The waiting is exciting. Opening up the boxes with fingers tightly crossed that everything looks the way it should is even better! And then after, when you look at your loot and remember how much money you have saved... Wah priceless.

Good luck! Should be reaching you soon! Remember to prep something to help you open the crates.

Can I have the Taobao link for the IIari chair n the elephant ? The elephant is so cute!

Hey angel!

I'm so sorry I've just packed my desktop CPU for opennet installation at the new house.

All my links are in there. If u aren't urgent, I'll post the links this weekend for you. :)

Otherwise just search elephant chair on Taobao if you have time constraints! Really easy to find.

The chair tho... Took my a while.

I like the fabric chair and elephant. Do you have to assemble them yourself?