Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dwinsplace

Hacking Out A Home-Shaped Hole @ Cassia

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Next time when drilling, bring the operating vacuum right next to the drilling hole.

Then all dust and debris will be vacuum away, nothing much to clean afterward. :jammin:

yeah should have done that instead of drinking coffee by the side. lol

Quite a few questions asked, so to help,here are the suppliers:

- lights : taobao (need good chinese to survive this. Thank god for jason!)
- Toilet bowls and toilet stuff: Heritage bathroom gallery @ geylang ( we also got our kitchen sink here - Carysil Big Bowl)
- shower systems: Wasser Bath at Geylang
- customised dining table : Second Charm
- customised sofa: Kim Hwee sofa: Chris 62801208
- Blinds: Keagan 86869779
- Laundry system : EZ Living Pte Ltd Angeline 94527000
- Electrical Lock and Main gate : Dr Doors 65561111 (Candy)
- Relite Petit Fans: Khind systems 68623777
- Aircon: Tim Wong (9232 1641)
-Vinyl stickers on door (self stick) - Joe 98555120

- appliances : Megadiscount store (Henry :84489168)
Samsung fridge RL-4013UBASL - SS
Bosch Hob PBD -9331SG
Samsung washer WA-80F5S7
Bosch Oven HBN-331E2J

Was looking for a storage solution for our storeroom and bought this metal shelf from a store in Geylang called JunYu after seeing it on a blog in renotalk. Renotalk is awesome!

It was about $190 + $30 for delivery and set up. It was a very simple set up and you can do it yourself, but since I got the 1.5m long model, transportation home was the problem.

6C9B6DC9-EBE4-4CA9-BB8C-2F92EDFB95D3_zps

594C152C-6BAA-4068-8D64-FFAC546BC7BB_zps

Simple, metal, black. Perfect!! :good:

CC242506-C18A-4D0F-8D2A-9990B7E1FD74_zps

For those people who would like a close up view of the blinds.

Just before we shifted in, they installed the Electronic lock on the gate and I couldn't be happier!! Installation took about an hour but the gate was made with the lock in mind so it all went smoothly. The outside is beautiful and its been a joy to use. :dancingqueen:

692EFB1E-59E2-46B4-B7CD-F12E2FE8A5ED_zps

The inside looks like this: The buttons on the back have all been disabled so that people can't just reach around the gate and let themselves in.

0C663DD1-C4F2-4976-B0AD-DB592CDE4374_zps

Instead, they give you a little remote like this that you can either hang next to the door, or carry with you around the house as you wish. We placed it inside the house to let ourselves out.

F016A12E-7952-4851-94FA-D404A658F107_zps

I was surprised that the autolock function wasn't instantaneous. Meaning you had to close the gate and hold it closed for about 3secs before it engages the lock. Anyone in our day and age will tell you that's 3 secs too long when you want to be on your way. Thankfully, the installers told me that you could place your palm over it after you close it to instantly engage the lock. We found that this also works when you're coming home and you close the gate. Then we just reach around to the outside and tap the face of the lock to get it to hold.

I think the convenience of being keyless when I go out has given me the most pleasure! So much freedom!! A totally worthwhile investment to me.

everytime i open your thread, it is a love-hate relationship. because i love the metal gate but i hate how seeing it makes me GIAN. omgggg. i just convinced myself that i shant change the gate, since my friends have alrdy visited and there would only be us appreciating the gate, BUT seeing these pics again, make me consider AGAIN. btw, is it matte? and its aluminium right? so not heavy to open and close i suppose?

arghhhhh... :help: the stickers/decal are very cute tho. thanks for sharing the link, maybe can do something for the hdb given modem/switchbox cupboards

Edited by mintyvintage

Last stage of our renovation now and moving in middle of next week (even though it's a mess now and dining table won't arrive till mid October).

We are scouting around for blinds and comparing quotes. We like wooden blinds but going for a very cold wood colour (feels my colour scheme is getting more and more opposite yours!)

Need your advice and help!!!

Who did you use for your blinds and how much did the wooden blinds cost psf (and total cost as they tend to over-indicate for total square feet)?

Hi Saru, call Blinds: Keagan 86869779
he will need to measure your place and give u a quote :)

usual prices $9-$11

Last stage of our renovation now and moving in middle of next week (even though it's a mess now and dining table won't arrive till mid October).

We are scouting around for blinds and comparing quotes. We like wooden blinds but going for a very cold wood colour (feels my colour scheme is getting more and more opposite yours!)

Need your advice and help!!!

Who did you use for your blinds and how much did the wooden blinds cost psf (and total cost as they tend to over-indicate for total square feet)?

hello! about $600 for gate i believe, best to call them.

very responsive and can also give you quote based on your specific dimensions.

hope it helps!

Electrical Lock and Main gate : Dr Doors 65561111 (Candy)

Adore your metal gates! Did you change it? How much does it cost?

hi ! it is made of steel and yes it is matte. not heavy at all.

best to call them to give you quote based on your specific dimensions

Electrical Lock and Main gate : Dr Doors 65561111 (Candy)

all the best !

everytime i open your thread, it is a love-hate relationship. because i love the metal gate but i hate how seeing it makes me GIAN. omgggg. i just convinced myself that i shant change the gate, since my friends have alrdy visited and there would only be us appreciating the gate, BUT seeing these pics again, make me consider AGAIN. btw, is it matte? and its aluminium right? so not heavy to open and close i suppose?

arghhhhh... :help: the stickers/decal are very cute tho. thanks for sharing the link, maybe can do something for the hdb given modem/switchbox cupboards

love the gate! how much is it?

I m also pondering over what colour to paint for my main door ... Thinking of either white or gray as well... Will paint the gate black... The thing is no one in my blk paint their doors.. I am wondering if it will look super weird after I paint mine... Haha cos the original is walnut brown... Super off

This is a better shot of my light grey main door with the new scissor gate installed. :) Think it kicks some serious ***.

014B249C-45C7-49B1-9659-A531555925FD_zps

Are u going to change the lock to the version with no safety feature? Meaning it cannot be opened with the Allen key. Yale is offering to do it for free.

Thanks! Nice colour !

My contractor told me that the actual colour on wall will be 30% darker compare to What we see from catalogue,

so we are worry whether it will be too dark