Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shue23

Tv Vs Projector Screen ; Dual Projection Front And Back

Hi, is anyone using a projector screen in your living room instead of a TV? My apt is a 1BR condo, my living area and master bedroom is facing each other, separated by a sliding wall. so i cannot mount a tv in my living room wall since then the sofa will be against the sliding wall.

Im thinking of fixing a projector screen instead, between living room and bedroom. projector will be in living room.

1) When there are guests, i will close up the sliding wall, lower the screen and project on it, front projection.

2) When Im in my bedroom i can do rear projection, and watch from my bed.

Is this feasible? Thanks!

Edited by shue23

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Best to talk to a pro, just go to Adelphi and look for stores like KEC etc

Or rearrange your settings or mount your tv on a mobile console..

I am also thinking of installing a home projector system at home. Any info on where to shop?

Hi, is anyone using a projector screen in your living room instead of a TV? My apt is a 1BR condo, my living area and master bedroom is facing each other, separated by a sliding wall. so i cannot mount a tv in my living room wall since then the sofa will be against the sliding wall.

Im thinking of fixing a projector screen instead, between living room and bedroom. projector will be in living room.

1) When there are guests, i will close up the sliding wall, lower the screen and project on it, front projection.

2) When Im in my bedroom i can do rear projection, and watch from my bed.

Is this feasible? Thanks!

I believe you should be looking at electric (retractable) screen instead, in view of the sliding door. However, you may wanna note that good screens will always black light spills on the side where there's no projection (i.e blackout). Hence, you will not be able to utilise both sides of the screen as desired.

Also, you intend to have 2 projectors? Note the zoom capabilities vis-a-vis the image size of the projector. Depending on your projection distance, diff projectors will give you different size at the same distance. For short throw, can consider BenQ 1080ST (bang for bucks). I assume you cannot consider dedicated HT projectors in view of your limitations and non-dedicated room. Good luck!