Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummychua

Home With A View

thanks for the advise. trying to keep my want in check. :help:

Hahaha...

I have given the advise to you yet I doubt I am following it much myself >.<

got my bosch hood, hob and oven. understand that not all things from Bosch are good but i like to coordinate all my brands. cant stand having a different brand of hob and hood. plus bosch oven looks so chio. looking forward to bake with it... :D

http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/store/product/bProfessionalBlackGlassBundlebbrHoodHobOven/PCG-771

my fridge is from Hitachi. find side by side capacity a little too big for me, but i love the french door opening. so this 3 door fridge fits my requirement and its so pretty. according to a sales person at Best, hitachi has the best energy efficient fridge as it uses dual fan cooling. and he warn us against those fridge with digital inverter. according to him the digital control won't last more than 2yrs and once it spoilt, the fridge will take up alot more electricity. anyone can verify this information?

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=3370

got all these from Kong Tai Electric. Total damage $3600. Save a few hundreds buying from them rather than those major electric store. :sport-smiley-004:

That Hitachi fridge is what I was targeting at first, in the end I find it too big as I am staying alone ...

Good choice :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

met up with my contractor to finalize the details for the carpentry, paint, and lighting and powerpoint plan.

Screenshot_2014-07-09-08-51-50_zps4yed9h

a very simple plan, runway false ceiling for the dining and living. another small false ceiling in mbr. only cove, downlight and simple ceiling light. no hanging lights. boring? maybe a little...

268a9883-ff1f-45b3-b870-576239f70021_zps

part of my kitchen carpentry. created one hole to put my water flask and cups.

f1df5d56-0ebd-4b14-b44d-af3d488dacb4_zps

the other side of my kitchen...

20140708_154204_zpsvyxox4jy.jpg

winter for my quartz table top.

20140708_154115_zpsmkgg2xd8.jpg

celestial white for most part of the kitchen. my experience with white matt isnt good, although there wont be any fingerprints on matt laminate, but its difficult to clean after it got stained. my old place uses matt white, i can see water lines on it after sometime. cross fingers that gloss white will be easier to clean...

20140708_154127_zpsll9xjuyi.jpg

and this laminate for the 'hole'. thinking if i should use this on only of the drawers on the other side of the kitchen.

521b261d-8dea-49ee-8383-8b1e65ceeff1_zps

originally we plan to have a hole cut out for the bed and let the bed sit in. but contractor suggest to do without the cut out and have my bed will be placed directly on the platform, this allow me flexibility to shift the bed around, and easy cleaning. platform will be make with floor laminate rather than carpentry laminate. but we had not decide on the laminate as the samples my contractor showed me do not have what i want.

mbr toilet carpentry will be in gloss white too.

Screenshot_2014-06-04-22-23-02_zpsk7yifu

my mbr inspiration. he will find something as close as possible to the picture.

20140708_153918_zpsgzemzhya.jpg

laminates for the wardrobe.

20140708_152542_zpsdn8tlcy6.jpg

question! which floor laminate i should choose for the kids room? i like the bottom one but find it a little to rustic for kids. the top one is certainly a safe choice but boring looking?

photos i took during my last week visit...

20140703_131421_zpsclkamkj9.jpg

tiler working hard with my concert sink support. got the sink from taobao, very good quality and the tap that comes with it is super solid. good buy. cant wait to start using them :thumbs up:

20140701_123642_zpsv2svtl34.jpg

my wavy subway tiles with grey gout. super love this wall. simple yet very striking :wub: one of the reason why i choose to have a very plain white laminate and table top for the kitchen cabinet. all attention will be on the wall tiles. plus my chio chimney bosch hood. cant wait to see the end result... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by mummychua

Is matt laminate really hard to clean off stains? I used to have a full glossy white kitchen cabinets, but quite sick of white again, thinking to get matt white or wooden laminate too..

Is matt laminate really hard to clean off stains? I used to have a full glossy white kitchen cabinets, but quite sick of white again, thinking to get matt white or wooden laminate too..

Yes, my old matt white cabinet do have stains that i cant clean off, not obvious but its always there. Really drives me crazy every cny spring cleaning. Im a little OCD on this it could be just me being picky.

Think of it this way, white is more everlasting. If u get sick of it, just use some color deco to change the look. But wooden laminte might be tough. My dad place used a pattern laminate for his kitchen, it look very dated now although reno is done just 5yrs ago.

How's ur experience with gloss white laminate? Easy to clean?

Yes, white glossy laminate is easy to clean, i have a dog and she always like to clean her face on my white cabinets, but usually can get the stains off.. Just that after 5 years it will turn abit slight yellowish.

I picked Kompacplus top for my kitchen, still thinking hard on the white glossy laminate.. My SIL had hers in light beige wood pattern, after 10 years still looking good. Arggghhhh, so hard to decide..

Yes, white glossy laminate is easy to clean, i have a dog and she always like to clean her face on my white cabinets, but usually can get the stains off.. Just that after 5 years it will turn abit slight yellowish.

I picked Kompacplus top for my kitchen, still thinking hard on the white glossy laminate.. My SIL had hers in light beige wood pattern, after 10 years still looking good. Arggghhhh, so hard to decide..

Good to know that gloss white is easy to clean. I think all white laminates turn slight yellow after awhile.

If u are using kompacplus maybe should use a solid color laminate, grey? Since u r bored with white. Wood laminate with kompacplus might be messy. But im not a expert, horrible with color coordinate therefore i tend to play it safe. What did ur id suggest?

The nicest combi would be white with kompacplus top of cos.. He suggested the same. No grey as I dislike dark kitchen..

another trip to the house yesterday afternoon. 12 days to go for the handover and there's still quite alot of things to do.

aircon pipe

electricity work

water and gas pipe

laminate for 2 common room

glass panels for kitchen and yard

window grilles

toilet fittings

painting

carpentry work

contractor says he will handover in time. hope that he deliver...

pictures of the kitchen and yard...

20140709_130728_Pano_zpsejj3fde8.jpg

20140709_130611_Pano_zpsc6pjgf4d.jpg

cement screed wall... give a rustic look to the place. nice?

Edited by mummychua

someone help me... is this an acceptable way to run the water pipe?

20140716_141608_zpsrzfhhnmu.jpg

will it be better if the water pipe will to drop immediately once it enter the toilet and run across the right wall connect direct to the mixer? according to contractor, my method is a lazy way to run the pipes, things will look nicer with the pipe running down with the main waste pipe. but with the pipe run this way, it will take longer for the hot water to reach its outlet.

seriously confuse if i should get the contractor to rerun it. he got another 5days to complete the reno but there's still tons of stuff to do! :~

will it be better if the water pipe will to drop immediately once it enter the toilet and run across the right wall connect direct to the mixer? according to contractor, my method is a lazy way to run the pipes, things will look nicer with the pipe running down with the main waste pipe. but with the pipe run this way, it will take longer for the hot water to reach its outlet.

seriously confuse if i should get the contractor to rerun it. he got another 5days to complete the reno but there's still tons of stuff to do! :~

It does look weird though. Seems liking piping went Around the world in 80 days.

20140716_141608_zpsrzfhhnmu.jpg

we have sort of decided to leave the water pipe this way. my way of running the pipes isn't fantastic either. was rather upset with myself for not thinking ahead with the pipe works. :(

here is how the toilet look like after the installation of the sink and toilet bowl. with all these in, the pipe doesnt seems to show that much. we will probably get use to it after awhile.

bought both my basin from tb, very happy to receive them with no issue. but the seller send me the wrong model of 下水器 and the toilet fittings i got from them isnt stainless steel (blame it on my lousy chinese :fire: ). not going to use those stuff for the toilet, sort of lugi a bit on those stuff. all in all i did save quite a bit on the basin, so no complains.

20140719_151741_Pano_zpsenrgvxrd.jpg

Edited by mummychua

reno went into frenzy last sat. there's ppl doing carpentry, ppl installing light, measurement taken for kitchen top, ppl painting, ppl running aircon pipes. suddenly the place looked more put together.

20140720_131851_Pano_zpsima46j7w.jpg

kitchen tall carpentry up, i got this super big drawers which contractor is using blum tracks for these. those tracks isn't mention on the quotation. dont know if he will charge me for it. but i didnt make the decision, he volunteered for it. :bleah: but he did says that i should not put too heavy stuff into it, otherwise the drawers might snag.

kitchen ceiling light from tb, didnt realised that there is a gap between the wall the lights. next time i will have to climb up to clean. down side of buying from tb, u will nv know what u get until its too late. but with the price, cannot complain lah. still happy with the purchase. really love the grey and white colour combo, the laminate used for the hole looks good with these colours.

20140720_131911_zpsewndem9d.jpg

mbr aircon, platform and painting up. super happy with the colour, this is the only wall in the house which is not white. great decision on the aircon position. i have all the aircon pipe in the 2nd room instead. mbr has the minimum expose pipe in the house.

bought a super cool light for the 2 common room. not very cheap but they are really nice.

20140719_152933_zps58vnq9t1.jpg

off...

20140719_153128_zpsmmflmqfu.jpg

main light, white...

20140719_153132_zpsqbtpercc.jpg

small light, warm...

20140719_153136_zpsmw4pkx7w.jpg

both lights on... swee? :sport-smiley-004: