Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The 3D drawings look good!!!

For the living room flooring, is it from HDB?

The typical 4-rm BTO flat kitchen looks cramp when have both side cabinets.

However your kitchen looks spacious! Did you make cabinets on one side only or both sides?

What's the material used for the sliding wardrobe door?

Thanks wmayeo! My BTO is a premium one which means the whole house flooring is done by HDB.

My kitchen has cabinets on both sides but I supposed the designer who drew up my 3D made my kitchen a little wider than it actually is. I will post up a photo of the actual kitchen when my table top is up!

As for my sliding wardrobe door, it is tempered glass with black powder coated aluminium frame - hope these info would help! :yeah:

could you share your contractor j's contact with me? (:

Aww you just brought up a really good point which I haven't thought about since I've yet to shift in! I'm horrified of mould colonies especially on the silicon at the glass panels in the toilets! Anyway, having the acrylic panels makes it way easier to maintain and clean, plus its inexpensive!! Contractor J charged me for the acrylic panels so cheaply it was a must-do for the toilets! Thanks for your thoughts and kind words!

gallery_62588_461_46858.jpg

Hi lovescandi, your kitchen door is really nice! We were planning to do up something like that too. Would you have the contractor/supplier contacts? Pls let me know when your inbox is cleared or pm me if it is convenient. Thanks!

Hello! Wanna check with you what size did u get for the service yard light? And is the replacement bulb easy to get in singapore? Thanks ☺

I took 20 watts and it's a E27 LED bulb which is really easy to get in Singapore! Hope this helps!

He quoted $120 per bathroom

Thanks! I was thinking of DIY-ing it myself by getting it from Ubi.. cheaper though more trouble heh. Thanks to you for the great idea!!

Today's update:

Contractor J is away on a short trip so he sent his in charge and 5 workers (all doing carpentry) - 2 workers for putting up my kitchen cabinets and 2 workers for my shoe cabinets and 1 worker helping around. All of them reached at 9am and finished setting up my entire shoe cabinet and whole kitchen by 6pm. They were very prompt and nice. All his workers kept checking with us to find out if we had any preference in placing certain stuff like the sink and hob etc

There was also a 64 year old uncle whom worked as a carpenter for 60 years (he started working at 14 years old!!). Cause he was climbing up and down fixing my cabinet so I was worried since he looked quite old and wanted to help him but he refused. I then started chatting with him - found out he was the one who constructed all my cabinets at the factory - very experienced old man and I give it to him :good:

Before my shoe cabinet was up, I was really worried about the laminate husband chose. I wanted something lighter like oak but he shifted a little towards industrial style. In the end I compromised with him and picked the laminate he wanted. The shoe cabinet cum storage was a huge item in the living so it was worrying since I didn't have any 3D to refer to. Talking about 3D, Contractor J was supposed to give them to me before the reno started but because I rushed him to do the carpentry first, the person drawing my 3D could only finish tomorrow. I mentioned that I didnt need anymore 3D since 90% of the carpentry were done but he said he'll give them to me anyway.

Here's my shoe cabinet cum storage before the doors were up (beside my craftbrick)

gallery_62588_461_283066.jpg

and here's after the doors were up

gallery_62588_461_165486.jpg

BUT after the doors were up, we realised that guy whom we were aliasing for the 'design' of the shoe cabinet FORGOT to add in the black frames around the borders when he passed the design to the carpenter!! Poor old carpenter had to dismantle the doors and bring them back to the factory to redo the black frames and design :( Oh wells, got to wait for another time for them to 'complete' my shoe cabinet.

Will update photos of my kitchen another time as we were rushing off for dinner and didn't take photos! :P

Feedback on my 'uncompleted' shoe cabinet please!! I preferred oak but this was a more 'rustic' wood colour hubby picked, what do you think? :rolleyes: