Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Hi guys, I've already cleared my inbox, you may PM me if you require any information :)

Anyway last weekend Contractor J came down with his competent workers to touch up the final stuff. As mentioned previously, the tiler forgot to leave two holes in the brick wall box up when he was tiling it previously thus his worker suggested to do another box up when the TV is mounted.

So anyway last week when hubby's UHD 4K 55" SMART TV arrived, when LG's worker saw our brick wall, he refused to mount the TV for us even though it was included because he said that previously he tried mounting TVs on other customer's brick walls and they all cracked at the surrounding tiles so he doesn't want to take the risk. After hearing that, hubby and I was also very worried cause we didnt want to spoil the brick wall so we told him to just put the TV stand on the console. After informing Contractor J about this, he said that he is 100% confident he will not crack any brick or grouting so he told me to let him mount our TV. He mentioned that the only reason why the bricks will crack is because the driller is not skilled enough. On Sat when he came, Contractor J personally came down specially just to do the drilling for us and also showed his workers how it is done. He's a very patient and kind contractor after I saw him teaching his workers while he was doing it. Not only did he not crack my brick walls at all, the mounting of the TV bracket's drill hole is so sharp and clean I was so so pleased!

After he mounted the TV, he proceeded to take out a gold colour equipment and told us instead of boxing up the wires, he bought this gold drill equipment (couple hundreds of dollars he mentioned) just specially for us so that the brick wall will be neat without any wires pertruding out. After he started drilling the brick wall to conceal my wires, I was SO IMPRESSED.

Managed to snap afew shots how he did it (you can see the metal piece on top is the brackets for the TV)

Contractor J in action - I noticed throughout all the renovation, he would personally do some of the installation which is harder to do or complicated.

gallery_62588_7_72157.jpg

I CALL THIS THE SUPER GOLDEN DRILL!! SO CLEAN AND NEAT!!! SUCH SLEEK CUT!

Wide enough to put your hands through to take the wires too! So one hole on top is for the wires to go in from the TV and the other hole below is for the wires to come out and go into my TV console so that it is 100% concealed! So tidy!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

gallery_62588_7_27918.jpg

TADAH! Hubby's 100% concealed wall mounted TV. No unsightly wires at all - this is one of the happiest moments of hubby's life HAHAHA!!

gallery_62588_7_8151.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Clap clap, very neat installation! :thumbs up:

Wanted to ask you who did you engage to ship your taboo goods? Are they good?

Thank you Coyote!

I engaged Oops.sg for all TB purchases. In terms of shipping prices I think they are the best but they are very slow on response nor is there a contact number to their office so this is the down side. The only way to get them is to send them an email. However overall they ultimately get your goods shipped and pack everything very well so hope this helps! :good:

Aww you just brought up a really good point which I haven't thought about since I've yet to shift in! I'm horrified of mould colonies especially on the silicon at the glass panels in the toilets! Anyway, having the acrylic panels makes it way easier to maintain and clean, plus its inexpensive!! Contractor J charged me for the acrylic panels so cheaply it was a must-do for the toilets! Thanks for your thoughts and kind words!

Hi...I wanted to bring up the point about mold when I saw your design. Do let me know how easy or difficult it is to maintain it mold free. I have lotsa of issues with molds but realised the best way is to keep the toilet well ventilated and dry...it will keep the green nasty away.

Hi, its about $2k - super cheap and worth it cause its HUGE. It looks alot bigger in real life and I've gotten Contractor J to put tons of the shelving panels inside to suit my needs cause I have alot of flats so I can bring down the panels to the height of my shoes and my other shoes like heels and boots I adjust the panels to those compatible height. Its fairer to measure via the size. Beside the shoe cabinet, I can fit all my vacuum cleaner etc - tons of storage which I previously lack!

Could you PM me Contractor J's details too :)

Very beautiful house you got there. Could you show us the whole living room area, kitchen and toilets as well?

I'm interested in getting the craftbrick from malaysia... Can you share the details as well?

Also, can you PM me Contractor J's details.

Much appreciate.!

Edited by hillord

Happened to drop by your tblog and like your shoe cabinet. Please pm me the contact details of your contractor and the rough breakdown of your renovation quotation. Looking forward to see the outcome of your house!

Thanks and enjoy the public holiday :good:

Hi lovescandi,

Really impressed with your new home and thanks for sharing with us.

Could you pm me contractor J's contact please? Thank you so much!

Hi guys, I've already cleared my inbox, you may PM me if you require any information :)

Anyway last weekend Contractor J came down with his competent workers to touch up the final stuff. As mentioned previously, the tiler forgot to leave two holes in the brick wall box up when he was tiling it previously thus his worker suggested to do another box up when the TV is mounted.

So anyway last week when hubby's UHD 4K 55" SMART TV arrived, when LG's worker saw our brick wall, he refused to mount the TV for us even though it was included because he said that previously he tried mounting TVs on other customer's brick walls and they all cracked at the surrounding tiles so he doesn't want to take the risk. After hearing that, hubby and I was also very worried cause we didnt want to spoil the brick wall so we told him to just put the TV stand on the console. After informing Contractor J about this, he said that he is 100% confident he will not crack any brick or grouting so he told me to let him mount our TV. He mentioned that the only reason why the bricks will crack is because the driller is not skilled enough. On Sat when he came, Contractor J personally came down specially just to do the drilling for us and also showed his workers how it is done. He's a very patient and kind contractor after I saw him teaching his workers while he was doing it. Not only did he not crack my brick walls at all, the mounting of the TV bracket's drill hole is so sharp and clean I was so so pleased!

After he mounted the TV, he proceeded to take out a gold colour equipment and told us instead of boxing up the wires, he bought this gold drill equipment (couple hundreds of dollars he mentioned) just specially for us so that the brick wall will be neat without any wires pertruding out. After he started drilling the brick wall to conceal my wires, I was SO IMPRESSED.

Managed to snap afew shots how he did it (you can see the metal piece on top is the brackets for the TV)

Contractor J in action - I noticed throughout all the renovation, he would personally do some of the installation which is harder to do or complicated.

gallery_62588_7_72157.jpg

I CALL THIS THE SUPER GOLDEN DRILL!! SO CLEAN AND NEAT!!! SUCH SLEEK CUT!

Wide enough to put your hands through to take the wires too! So one hole on top is for the wires to go in from the TV and the other hole below is for the wires to come out and go into my TV console so that it is 100% concealed! So tidy!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

gallery_62588_7_27918.jpg

TADAH! Hubby's 100% concealed wall mounted TV. No unsightly wires at all - this is one of the happiest moments of hubby's life HAHAHA!!

gallery_62588_7_8151.jpg

Superb! What a beautiful color contract - black over white? Impeccable.