Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Hi lovescandi.

Your mailbox is full and I can't send you on.

May I have contractor J's contact please?

Thank you very much.

Edited by comtt74

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey everyone, just wanted to share how it has been after staying here for more than 3 years ....

• all my carpentry and hinges are in excellent/almost new condition still, nothing has warped nor fell apart all thanks to Contractor J
  • all my furnitures from Taobao are still in excellent condition 

but the only problem I've had are the water faucets (taps) and the pipes linked to it. Just two weeks ago I had to get a plumber in to change away all the taps in the masterbed room and common room toilet , as well as kitchen tap (not from taobao but this is the 2nd time I'm changing). The ones I bought from Taobao were all rusty and plumber told me the pipes were going to burst, water that was coming out are all rusty because of the horrible quality 'stainless steel' from China. He changed everything for me to an 100% Italian faucet, about $150 each and mentioned I will be able to use them for at least the next 5 years.

Moral of the story - you can buy everything for your house from Taobao EXCEPT their so claimed stainless steel faucets or anything that touches water because they are definitely a nightmare :bangwall:

Hope my experience will be a valuable one for everyone setting their homes! :wub:

(I've cleared my inbox by the way!)

On 15/12/2017 at 9:04 AM, lovescandi said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to share how it has been after staying here for more than 3 years ....

• all my carpentry and hinges are in excellent/almost new condition still, nothing has warped nor fell apart all thanks to Contractor J
  • all my furnitures from Taobao are still in excellent condition 

but the only problem I've had are the water faucets (taps) and the pipes linked to it. Just two weeks ago I had to get a plumber in to change away all the taps in the masterbed room and common room toilet , as well as kitchen tap (not from taobao but this is the 2nd time I'm changing). The ones I bought from Taobao were all rusty and plumber told me the pipes were going to burst, water that was coming out are all rusty because of the horrible quality 'stainless steel' from China. He changed everything for me to an 100% Italian faucet, about $150 each and mentioned I will be able to use them for at least the next 5 years.

Moral of the story - you can buy everything for your house from Taobao EXCEPT their so claimed stainless steel faucets or anything that touches water because they are definitely a nightmare :bangwall:

Hope my experience will be a valuable one for everyone setting their homes! :wub:

(I've cleared my inbox by the way!)

How do you know they need changing? Did you see the rust coming out of the water, or the pipes were already leaking? 

Thanks!

On 10/8/2014 at 11:57 AM, lovescandi said:

Updates, updates!

Renovation is 95% complete and I've only left with a little of electrical works and kitchen top to finish up. Last weekend my final shipment of Taobao loots was shipped to me and as usual, I'm completely amazed at the quality, packing and price of everything I bought.

There's just way too many things I purchased from TB to the point I have a long list of excel spreadsheet where I organised my purchases!

Contractor J came in with his workers to fix up all the accessories and removed the floor protection and HIS WORKERS EVEN BUILT AND FIXED UP ALL MY TAOBAO FURNITURES FOR US!! Hubby was so thankful for that! As they were removing the protection, I had a room full of furnitures from TB so they decided to open up all the boxes (at least 4 cubic metres of furnitures) and started fixing them. They were so quick to put everything up for us it was way beyond words can describe, LOL. Hubby mentioned that it was take him at least two full days to open up and fix everything but they did all up in less than an hour - AMAZING RIGHT!! There was about 6 of them and all super hands-on! They didnt even have to read the instructions on fixing the items and everything was up just looking at the holes and screws!!

Here's a sneak peek - sorry for the mess and low resolution photos taken with phone...

gallery_62588_8_267517.jpg

gallery_62588_8_51336.jpg

Our ventos fino fan purchased from Tampoi in Malaysia for MBR- Its super good and perfect for afternoon naps! :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_62588_8_38537.jpg

And finally, my 'supposed' make up table and DIY-ed IKEA mirror which we sprayed to white colour. In all honestly, I had very much liked the look but I find it too small to fit all my moisturizers and facial products + cosmetics and there's still a huge gap between my bed and the make up table. I preferred my make up table to be right beside my bed so after considering for three days and getting nagged by hubby (Because he SUPER LOVE the matt black sewing machine which he took 2 days to clean, prime and spray), he finally acceded to me buying another new make up table which is 1 metre long :P

This make up table is 60CM and I'd like to let it go to someone who would appreciate the look because such vintage sewing machines are SO HARD to find these days + it was alot of effort cleaning it up so please PM me if you'd like to take it over :D

gallery_62588_8_5866.jpg

Hope to finish up my grills, receive my bedframe from Hommage and complete my renovation soon! Yippeee! :seeya:

Hi, any feedback for this vento fan?