Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Hey lovescandi,

You have a lovely hse in the making, big congrats!

Wife n i are also big fan of scandi inspired designs.

Possible to share with us contractor j's contact as well as the qoutes that you received?

Much thanks

Ps:tried to pm u but i think ur inbox id filled up

Brgds

Zhihao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today's Updates:

Contractor J came over with his workers to get them to fix up my toilet acrylic panels. As many of you know, the new BTOs these days come with those checkered see through panels to hide the water pipes. Contractor J converted them into acrylic panels instead and inserted T5 lighting and the ambience was powered up 10x :thumbs up:

gallery_62588_461_55930.jpg

My painting was also completed - whole house is painted white with all the skirting + door frames painted black - loved it! I also realised I haven't posted a photo of my dining lamps from TB :

gallery_62588_461_126360.jpg

Today they also sent the new shoe cabinet doors and the finishing+workmanship was really great! Hubby and I was overjoyed when we saw the final outcome right beside our brickwall :D:D

gallery_62588_461_86536.jpg

Looking better than the previous design? :P

Hi Lovescandi,

Hows Contractor J workmanship? Can you Pm me his contact? Thanks

Thanks! Your bathroom acrylic panels really inspired me!

Now i can cover up and save the bath steam from going up and forming lots of mould colonies in the pipes

Aww you just brought up a really good point which I haven't thought about since I've yet to shift in! I'm horrified of mould colonies especially on the silicon at the glass panels in the toilets! Anyway, having the acrylic panels makes it way easier to maintain and clean, plus its inexpensive!! Contractor J charged me for the acrylic panels so cheaply it was a must-do for the toilets! Thanks for your thoughts and kind words!

• Like 1

Hi Lovescandi,

Hows Contractor J workmanship? Can you Pm me his contact? Thanks

In all honesty, initially when all the carpentry came in (as it is a huge bulk), there were some flaws like e.g. my walk-in-wardrobe had slight shape edges at some sides and a little bit of paint stuck on to two boards before installation of the shoe cabinet doors because apparently the painter didn't know it wasn't dried yet and stacked it together. There was also a small chip at the bottom board of the shoe cabinet but after that I realised Contractor J actually knew about all these and promptly got his workers to fix everything a couple of days later. The finishing for all the renovation is really really good, especially my kitchen and shoe cabinets.

The frames for my shoe cabinets isn't easy to make and it takes a very skilled carpenter to align the black frames in synchronization and then piece them up together such that they are 'complete' - when the doors came in pieces I was still worried but after they fixed up everything and I slide my fingers through their workmanship, I realised it's so good and smooth I'm more than satisfied and delighted.

I met contractor J last weekend and he told me one of my friends mentioned that the quote she received was a marginally expensive compared to other contractor. He explained the reason is because he does not 'cheat' on his materials. E.g. He told me other contractors use chipboard or ply wood for carpentry but he takes pride in his wood and only uses solid wood for carpentry so they last for many years or even decades to come. He also mentioned he uses original laminates from reputable companies however some contractors simply give the client the original laminate to choose - after the client choose the laminate, contractors match the colour of the laminate with china laminates which are exactly the same but of course different quality since client can't see the brand anyway after they put it up. One foot usually costs $78 for original brands like Lamitek but china brand one foot only cost $36 so they save they cost by half. But the problem with those china laminates is after a year or so, if you use chemicals such as CIF or detergent to clean them, the colour completely run and by then the contractor isn't liable to follow up or give any warranty for their work. So at the end of the day, is "one cent for one cent worth of quality work" (Translate chinese)

I feel going via contractor already saved us almost $10,000 so what scrimp and save on a couple of hundred or a thousand comparing contractor to contractor when the quality of work is so different. Just my two cents :)

• Like 2

Hi Lovescandi, love your new home! Everything looks great from your TB loots to the carpentry done. Could you PM me your contractor's tel/email? I'm sourcing for quotations right now :). Thanks a mil :)!!

Hello all, I've cleared my inbox, so please PM me as I quite busy to check who I missed out on the thread.

Anyway, today my kitchen black powder coated aluminium frame door is up and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! Contractor J called me and shared that he will be boxing up the black sliding ledge above my door for me so that we can't see the screws above the door in the matching matt black - and said he'll do it for free since it will visually enhance the entire place better! Am so happy cause I can imagine other contractor telling me to topup for the box up for sure and he said he'll do it for me - maybe because I always buy kopi for his workers :P

Also, actually we were quite worried the door couldn't slide all the way as there is a switch beside the door and it pops up by 8mm I think but the door installer managed to fix it and slide across the switch smoothly. Contractor J said this aluminium frame door installer was in Channel 8 renovation programs and he is very very meticulous (guy and very soft spoken, if you know what I mean) - he is also the one that is fixing my black powder coated wardrobe sliding door but today he spotted a very small issue with the tint-ting at the corner of the door and said he need to come another time to redo. Actually if he didnt say I wouldn't have noticed. Even hubby said he got an eye for detail and do things very well. He rather come back second trip than just quietly put it up and let us spot later on :good:

Its glass not plastic by the way!

Like my new kitchen sliding door? :sport-smiley-003:

gallery_62588_461_46858.jpg

Edited by lovescandi

• Like 2

I cant send you a pm. Can share w me ur contact fr your contractor. Doing something minimal like u as well. Thanks u can email me at synnivia@hotmail.com thanks! Or pm me aso can.

3D drawings send by Contractor J, 85% accurate as furnitures are not the same and there are tweaks to the final design...

gallery_62588_461_644307.jpg

Kompacplus top for the kitchen and wall splash, same for the other side too.

gallery_62588_461_27034.jpg

gallery_62588_461_572881.jpg

How do you like it? :notti:

The 3D drawings look good!!!

For the living room flooring, is it from HDB?

The typical 4-rm BTO flat kitchen looks cramp when have both side cabinets.

However your kitchen looks spacious! Did you make cabinets on one side only or both sides?

What's the material used for the sliding wardrobe door?