Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yan

Question Regarding Replacement Wash Basin

Hi,

I need to replace my bathroom wash basin, which is currently partially set into my vanity top.

IMG_20150120_005750.jpg

I have some questions about the replacement, can someone please help me here?

Qn 1) Is it possible to remove the existing wash basin without replacing the vanity top? Or would I need to replace both the wash basin and the vanity top, or even the cabinet altogether?

Qn 2) I've heard that it is also possible to use a floor standing cabinet to replace my wall-mount cabinet, but as the height from my floor to the bottom of the mirror is 83cm, I'm told that I would need to use silicon to glue the wash basin to my mirror. Does anyone know what kind of side effect this might have. Is the installation more expensive than normal and why?

Qn 3) If I need replace the vanity top, does anyone has any recommendation on where I can find replacement for the entire cabinet plus a new top-mount basin? I have tried Hoe Kee but it doesn't seem to have many top-mount cabinets (in fact I only see 1).

Qn 4) If it is possible to only replace the vanity top and I can buy a new top-mount basin, must the vanity top be custom-made by a contractor or something? Any one know the price for this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request