Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynzi

How Big Is The Diamond On Your Engagement/proposal Ring?

Wah Korea, you have a good hubby who is willing to splurge on you, but not all guys are like that generous mah. It's ok to be prudent with $$ but have to be within reasonable means. Some ppl regard money as quite a big deal so that $200 might already mean frivolous spending by her hubby. Actually guys are like that lah, we spend hundreds of dollars, they grumble grumble and say we waste money, then they themselves dun even blink an eye when spending thousands of dollars on gadgets.

It's a double-standard world.

But Chamia, I do agree that perhaps both of you shd go for marriage counselling. Long-term wise, it's not healthy to kp everything broiled up within. Don't wait till you come to a stage where one of you exploded, which by then, any attempted form of remedy might be too late le...jia you for your marriage :sport-smiley-004:

hubby is a man who doesn't see $$$ too "zhong". if he knows i want something and they're within his limits, he'll buy for me. :sport-smiley-004:

frankly speaking, i dislike men who see $$$ too "zhong". $$$ is a very sensitive issue therefore must not see too "zhong" or else it'll affect a relationship. :sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello gals, thanks for your advice. I haven't talk to him since Tue night till earlier he called to give me notice of when my aunt's computer arriving (he helped to order computer for aunt), and that's it. I know he is not very happy with me

1: Everyweekday evenings get him go fetch son from MIL hse.

2: I have been out some evenings last week (go gym and get stuff, met friend for dinner,etc) and early this week, UK colleague came so I brought him out for shopping dinner (coz he brought me shopping when I was in UK ) and last night went to pass stuff to another aunt.

3: His CC, I only used less than 200 bucks for my things, but not to forget, I fork out cash for his stuff which he asked me to buy last week.

He is the type who looks at $$ very seriously. Good and bad. Good, coz he can provide me with this reno & furniture loan-free flat outside town area. Bad, I can't get more, and like diva79's friend's hubby, he said one kid enough. Not really all on $$ factor, also taking care of extra kid can be a headache.

I am used to his cold shoulder attitude but if he gives me this sort of attitude, tells me to grow up and be independant but he expects me to do stuff for him and sayang him, sorry, it will be very difficult as he is contradicting himself. As couple, we should share and talk anything under the sun, but he doesn't want to share news, conversation topics. He will rather watch TV, computer and when I talk or ask him things when he doing either, or during mealtimes, he can say 'Can't you see I am busy? Wait till I am not then tell me'. I got this even when he was just resting. I am not alone, when he was single, he treated his family like that as well.

Marriage counselling, I am still scouting around. One of the days will go. As for now, endure and just ignore is still the best medicine for me. But I share all these stuff here is because at least you gals are there to hear me out, I do not have many friends, aunts who will really understand.

Thanks for sharing your advices :sport-smiley-018:

Hello gals, thanks for your advice. I haven't talk to him since Tue night till earlier he called to give me notice of when my aunt's computer arriving (he helped to order computer for aunt), and that's it. I know he is not very happy with me

1: Everyweekday evenings get him go fetch son from MIL hse.

2: I have been out some evenings last week (go gym and get stuff, met friend for dinner,etc) and early this week, UK colleague came so I brought him out for shopping dinner (coz he brought me shopping when I was in UK ) and last night went to pass stuff to another aunt.

3: His CC, I only used less than 200 bucks for my things, but not to forget, I fork out cash for his stuff which he asked me to buy last week.

He is the type who looks at $$ very seriously. Good and bad. Good, coz he can provide me with this reno & furniture loan-free flat outside town area. Bad, I can't get more, and like diva79's friend's hubby, he said one kid enough. Not really all on $$ factor, also taking care of extra kid can be a headache.

I am used to his cold shoulder attitude but if he gives me this sort of attitude, tells me to grow up and be independant but he expects me to do stuff for him and sayang him, sorry, it will be very difficult as he is contradicting himself. As couple, we should share and talk anything under the sun, but he doesn't want to share news, conversation topics. He will rather watch TV, computer and when I talk or ask him things when he doing either, or during mealtimes, he can say 'Can't you see I am busy? Wait till I am not then tell me'. I got this even when he was just resting. I am not alone, when he was single, he treated his family like that as well.

Marriage counselling, I am still scouting around. One of the days will go. As for now, endure and just ignore is still the best medicine for me. But I share all these stuff here is because at least you gals are there to hear me out, I do not have many friends, aunts who will really understand.

Thanks for sharing your advices :wub:

wow, he hadn't been talking to you since tue night until this morning. :yamseng: your hubby huh is really very petty. sorry to say that to you. :(

was your hubby behaved in such a way during courtship days? :) i feel that he rather hides in his inner world than to talk to others. maybe you can try to cheer him up or sayang him sometimes. men need women to sayang them at times. to show him that you pamper and care for him. :)

i aim one gucci bag got lobang anot? the boutique selling at s$1850

LL, recently i heard from a friend telling me that gucci may have sales during the year so maybe you can look out lor. :dunno: but LV never will have sales lor. :notti:

LL is busy preparing for her ROM on 21 april so not free to come in. :notti:

LL, you mentioned that you aim a gucci bag for putting your laptop, right. you can consider LV sac plat monogram canvas. it's also big and long enough to put a laptop. :)

It seems like he should be the one growing up :thumbs up: Dear, will he be willing to read books on marriage then, if not attend courses? I understand how man are abt attending counselling. Maybe a book will help? There's a very interesting title "The Five Love Languages", teach you how to love others the way they want it instead of your own way. My friends who read it all find it enlightening. :)

It seems like he should be the one growing up :thumbs up: Dear, will he be willing to read books on marriage then, if not attend courses? I understand how man are abt attending counselling. Maybe a book will help? There's a very interesting title "The Five Love Languages", teach you how to love others the way they want it instead of your own way. My friends who read it all find it enlightening. :)

what's the author name? sound interesting. :)

It seems like he should be the one growing up :) Dear, will he be willing to read books on marriage then, if not attend courses? I understand how man are abt attending counselling. Maybe a book will help? There's a very interesting title "The Five Love Languages", teach you how to love others the way they want it instead of your own way. My friends who read it all find it enlightening. :rofl:

Hi chew@pple, I will read books but not him. He does not like reading unless its about computer or work related or newspaper, he will (I though most guys also like that?) Anyway, I love reading, so maybe will try to get this book.

Air, Korea, I have know a bit of him during dating times but did not stay in with him so not very sure about his 'true colours' before we married. Have been trying to change him or me changing to suit him, but it was very difficult. Maybe I have to try harder to change myself for a better relationship. Haiz, I feel that we women is very 'ku ming'. Especially with such asian mcp husbands, everything expect us to do, worst. When my holland director and UK colleagues heard that my husband is mcp and sometimes do not want to talk or share most housework, expect us to do most of the stuff, they were horrified and exclaimed that their partners/wives will get to them if they do not help out. What a culture difference. Hmmm, if I get an angmoh partner like them, won't it be nice :bangwall: ............ hey, I am just joking, ok.......

Hi chew@pple, I will read books but not him. He does not like reading unless its about computer or work related or newspaper, he will (I though most guys also like that?) Anyway, I love reading, so maybe will try to get this book.

Air, Korea, I have know a bit of him during dating times but did not stay in with him so not very sure about his 'true colours' before we married. Have been trying to change him or me changing to suit him, but it was very difficult. Maybe I have to try harder to change myself for a better relationship. Haiz, I feel that we women is very 'ku ming'. Especially with such asian mcp husbands, everything expect us to do, worst. When my holland director and UK colleagues heard that my husband is mcp and sometimes do not want to talk or share most housework, expect us to do most of the stuff, they were horrified and exclaimed that their partners/wives will get to them if they do not help out. What a culture difference. Hmmm, if I get an angmoh partner like them, won't it be nice :dunno: ............ hey, I am just joking, ok.......

Ya agree that you won't know your partner's living habits until you start living with them. I've been with my bf for 5 yrs+ already and all those while, I haven't really noticed the bad habits he had. Now that we decided to spend the rest of our lives together, I began to slowly discover his little habits and seriously trying to grow used to it.

As for the ang moh thingy, I've thought the same with u too but hey! The grass is always greener on the other side! zz

Air, Korea, I have know a bit of him during dating times but did not stay in with him so not very sure about his 'true colours' before we married. Have been trying to change him or me changing to suit him, but it was very difficult. Maybe I have to try harder to change myself for a better relationship. Haiz, I feel that we women is very 'ku ming'. Especially with such asian mcp husbands, everything expect us to do, worst. When my holland director and UK colleagues heard that my husband is mcp and sometimes do not want to talk or share most housework, expect us to do most of the stuff, they were horrified and exclaimed that their partners/wives will get to them if they do not help out. What a culture difference. Hmmm, if I get an angmoh partner like them, won't it be nice :notti: ............ hey, I am just joking, ok.......

during courtship days, i stayed at my hubby's house last time so more or less i know his habits. until now after ROM, i also know his habits. there're good and bad habits. after all, human beings aren't perfect. zz we should learn to accept each other and don't use others to compare. i don't believe others are that perfect too. :)

if your hubby is ang moh, maybe you also can't accept their open minded thinking. :) there're pros and cons whether he's an asian or ang moh man lah. :D

Ya agree that you won't know your partner's living habits until you start living with them. I've been with my bf for 5 yrs+ already and all those while, I haven't really noticed the bad habits he had. Now that we decided to spend the rest of our lives together, I began to slowly discover his little habits and seriously trying to grow used to it.

As for the ang moh thingy, I've thought the same with u too but hey! The grass is always greener on the other side! :P

whether asian or ang moh men, most impt is must be a good hubby. :dunno:

LL, you mentioned that you aim a gucci bag for putting your laptop, right. you can consider LV sac plat monogram canvas. it's also big and long enough to put a laptop. :P

:dunno:zz:notti:

thanks , how much? find out for me leh. after ur influrence, feel like geting LV instead laio :)

:dunno:zz:notti:

thanks , how much? find out for me leh. after ur influrence, feel like geting LV instead laio :)

you check it out yourself lah. :D

i just went LV just now. today must Q up. :P

Air, Korea, I have know a bit of him during dating times but did not stay in with him so not very sure about his 'true colours' before we married. Have been trying to change him or me changing to suit him, but it was very difficult. Maybe I have to try harder to change myself for a better relationship. Haiz, I feel that we women is very 'ku ming'. Especially with such asian mcp husbands, everything expect us to do, worst. When my holland director and UK colleagues heard that my husband is mcp and sometimes do not want to talk or share most housework, expect us to do most of the stuff, they were horrified and exclaimed that their partners/wives will get to them if they do not help out. What a culture difference. Hmmm, if I get an angmoh partner like them, won't it be nice :notti: ............ hey, I am just joking, ok.......

Mus force him to communicate leh.. u better close watch & listen & talk to him,by force.... or else u Know MAN, they will find other girl to talk den fall in love with tat girl... (All confusion!!!)

mus list down what he dun like what he like likewise u write what u dun like what u like, & wish him to change ? what do u think?

you check it out yourself lah. :notti:

i just went LV just now. today must Q up. :bangwall:

why u keep going LV ? u like the smell ah?

Mus force him to communicate leh.. u better close watch & listen & talk to him,by force.... or else u Know MAN, they will find other girl to talk den fall in love with tat girl... (All confusion!!!)

mus list down what he dun like what he like likewise u write what u dun like what u like, & wish him to change ? what do u think?

ya lor, sometimes if there's a lack of communication then the relationship will drift further apart. then eventually a third party will come in. even he has nothing to talk then you should start a topic. cheer him up or by telling jokes to break the ice. :notti:

why u keep going LV ? u like the smell ah?

my hubby asked me to go. :bangwall: