Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ipaq4444

How To Prevent Rust To Hdb Toilet Door Frame

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Don't let it come in contact with water. But I am assuming yours is an older house with the steel door frame and has no wet/dry toilet section. A suggestion for you is to air it very dry and give it a thick coat of good quality paint. And paint the floor tiles around the door frame stem too. I suggest using marine paint but I believe it is not easily available in the hardware shop. You probably might have to search around Tuas Industrial park hardware shop. It'll probably last a few years before you need to paint again. My suggestion. Good luck.

Don't let it come in contact with water. But I am assuming yours is an older house with the steel door frame and has no wet/dry toilet section. A suggestion for you is to air it very dry and give it a thick coat of good quality paint. And paint the floor tiles around the door frame stem too. I suggest using marine paint but I believe it is not easily available in the hardware shop. You probably might have to search around Tuas Industrial park hardware shop. It'll probably last a few years before you need to paint again. My suggestion. Good luck.

Thank you Sir,

if it already got rust, i need to sand it down first?

Yes, sand it to remove the rust & old paint. I would suggest applying a coat of primer and let it dry well before the marine paint. I actually did that to my parent's toilet about 10 years old and it lasted till now. Their flat are almost 25 years old now.

Yes, sand it to remove the rust & old paint. I would suggest applying a coat of primer and let it dry well before the marine paint. I actually did that to my parent's toilet about 10 years old and it lasted till now. Their flat are almost 25 years old now.

can ask where to get marine paint?

I think all HDB door frames are now made of metal. But shouldn't the new ones be bi-fold doors?

Anyway, I would suggest that if you wash the toilet floor, wipe the area at the foot of the door frame to remove most of the water. If you wipe it, it will just be damp and the air will dry it up quickly; minimizing rust. If you let it remain wet, it will take a long time to dry and rust will appear.

Not sure if this image works but I mentioned earlier that I painted the metal door frame of the toilet at my parents home. This is how it looks now.
I think it looks quite OK considering that it's been >10 years. But I think I should have tape the floor before I painted it so that it looks nicer.

DSC 1006

my tiles in the bathroom also kenna rust stained with only 2 weeks of using, with some shampoo holder that claims to be stainless steel!

maybe i should also paint it while :thumbs up:

Stainless steel got many grades, the good ones won't rust.

I carry my phone in a belt clip pouch that has a magnetic flap (to close the pouch). When buying things that claim to be stainless steel, I use the magnet on my pouch to test if the magnet sticks to the steel. If it does, I know the stainless steel isn't really stainless steel.

I will do this test on a $50 stainless steel shampoo holder but not on a $7 holder. It comes down to the price of the item, if it is cheap, don't expect too much.