Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fi5hbone

Home Sweet Home

Hello everyone! We have been following the blogs of the rest of the home-owners here and decided to start one of our own as well. We will be getting our keys to our 5I resale in July, and like many of you, have started a pinterest board to brainstorm for home ideas!

For our place, we really like the spacious layout and the good thing is that the living room and bedroom floors are already what we like (marble and parquet respectively) and we can hopefully save some money! Here is our tentative (subject to change, thanks to our fickle minds) moods that we will like to see in each room (sorry for the ugly arrows, not sure how to make those nice drawing type ones!).

gallery_67803_3_143123.jpg

We have purposely left the Master Bedroom blank as we really wanted our ID to just be really creative about it. Oh yes, we have gotten our ID already and just met up with him to discuss our plans in detail. He has some really nice and creative ideas, and will post the 3D drawings as soon as we get them! He is really nice and accommodating and also firm enough to tell us when our ideas are not really practical, so that's good. We are really quite busy and so it was important that we get an ID to help us source for furniture and stuff, as well as to coordinate the themes so that our house doesn't look like rojak at the end of the day.

This is terribly exciting and we hope to be able to share with you guys more pictures as we go along!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Minor update:

Went to Grohe today to check out the sanitary fittings. All in all for kitchen and 2 bathrooms (excluding sinks of course), is about $4,000. Is it normally that expensive?

Grohe, hansgrohe, original Kohler, pretty expensive. However, they are able to last a very long time. Many hotels use those brands such as the above mentioned and toto.

Of cause there are mark up as well comparing the prices of Grohe in Europe, Amazon and Singapore. A Grohe shower system easily 1.2k. I have friends who went Europe to get it at a much cheaper price.

I'm sure your house will look nice!!

Minor update:

Went to Grohe today to check out the sanitary fittings. All in all for kitchen and 2 bathrooms (excluding sinks of course), is about $4,000. Is it normally that expensive?

Go to the shops, find those you like, take down the model number. Go here: http://www.insani24.de/

Edited by Renozilla

You may refer to my post on sanitary fittings:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/70921-4-room-bto-simple-home/#entry894511

If you require a clearer breakdown on the items i bought, feel free to drop me a PM

Thanks!

Grohe, hansgrohe, original Kohler, pretty expensive. However, they are able to last a very long time. Many hotels use those brands such as the above mentioned and toto.

Of cause there are mark up as well comparing the prices of Grohe in Europe, Amazon and Singapore. A Grohe shower system easily 1.2k. I have friends who went Europe to get it at a much cheaper price.

I'm sure your house will look nice!!

Yeah, that is what I was hoping for too. Am also looking forward to the good customer service! *fingers crossed*

Go to the shops, find those you like, take down the model number. Go here: http://www.insani24.de/

Thanks for your kind suggestion! Will look into this.

The renovation progress has been rather slow. Our ID has been very patient and nice and takes our suggestions into considerations. We have yet to see any 3D renderings, but from what I hear, the work has started already and will post them when we have them. We have arranged to go furniture shopping after the 3D renders are out so that we will know what to buy that will fit!

That being said, we bought our bed over the weekend after a very persuasive and aggressive sales staff worked very hard. We had gotten the Simmons Beautyrest Intimate line:

intimate_big.jpg

It is pretty pricey but really comfortable. Can't wait for it to come!

Nice bed! How much did you pay for the bed?

About $5000! LOL.

Another another note:

I was wondering if anyone could advise on how much might it cost to lay the tiles for a kitchen and 2 bathrooms? This is inclusive of labor and the cheapest tiles for:

Kitchen: floor

Bathroom 1: floor and wall

Bathroom 2: floor and wall

Total area is about 1280 sqft.

Yes, having a good night's rest is always very important!

I had just received the quote today from my ID. Total cost of renovations alone came up to $70,000! *shudders* We are only hacking the kitchen and bathroooms' flooring and constructing a small study space of sorts in the living room with half glass doors. Carpentry work is minimal therefore the cost is not extensive.

However, the hacking (for kitchen and bathrooms), electrical, tiling (for kitchen and bathroom) came up to almost $40,000! Is that normal?

Yes, mine is a resale 5 room, 119sqm! I also think that 70k is a lot, even without doing the flooring for the living room and the bedrooms.

I will go back to my ID to clarify some of these things and let you know if I need to do a comparison with your ID. Thanks for the offer!

Edited by fi5hbone