Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

I'm planning to renovate master bedroom with attached toilet and totally a noob at this.

Hence, would really appreciate advices. =)

I want to do the following:

1. Renovate toilet. Definitely hacking involved.

2. Paint works for mbr.

3. Change existing aircon. It's system 3.

4. Carpentry for customized wardrobe. Will fit to the wall up to existing cornice.

5. A simple desk which involves a plank of wood attached to a wall. =p

So question is which comes 1st? I know that to do all at the same time is most ideal. But SO insisted to do aircon 1st.

Thanks in advance for the advices!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, normally for this kind of work. The hacking will be done first. The reason that is so is that because doing up your tiles might need a few days. So in between all those days you could actually ask other contractors to come in and do other things, for example your air con. So this cut shorts the amount of time needed. After the air con you can ask the carpenter to come and measure. While they are fabricating your wardrobes the painters will come in to plaint the place. And lets not forget your toilet accessories, toilet bowls, Those can all do once the tiles are done up. But do keep in mind that if you are doing a shower screen. Ask them to come to take measurements once your toilet is done as it might take some time. So after all those just need to touch up here and there. So to summarize,

1. Hacking Toilet Wall, Floor Tiles & Ask Plumber to Cap to Water Pipe for you if you are not planning to change.

2. Air-con

3. Carpenter

4. Painting

5. Furniture Installation

6. Once tiles done, toilet accessories

7. Clean up

Hope this helps:)

Edited by Colaxy

Thanks so much Colaxy!

We want to make use of this aircon offer so thinking of changing that 1st then maybe do the rest in the next 6months.

Do you this is possible?

Thanks again! =)

Yes, it is possible. But do take note where you want your wardrobe to be. So your aircon trunking can be ran behind the wardrobe in some cases. So you could hide it once the wardrobe goes up. And I will definitely recommend not to use air-con contractors that are not well known as their warranty and servicing might not be good. You will be using your air con for very long. Keep that in mind. So if things happen in the future it might cost you a fortune to repair. And I have came across some air con contractors that uses smaller drainage pipes and have not informed owners. So in the future if the thing clogs up it would be a huge hassle. For me I would rather not save that bit of money and go for trusty air con providers :)