Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
arturobinewski

It Came From The 80's.....

Same collection some old furniture and try to convert them.... now collecting dust

12375329_10153837155966170_8643557615068

10580896_10153837156086170_3512248497707

you still remember that shop called Abraxis at The Promenade....

Hi Tigaroo! Yes, I remember that awesome place - can only go and bio, cannot buy! hahaha. And we just revealed our age by acknowledging this whoops.

That table of yours is droolworthy! Keep it and restore it, please! It looks so much like the Sottsass Bacterio print -

9qPQIo.gif

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Good attitude! Turning a problem into an opportunity! Imagine having to spend money to build a ledge for your cats

Edited by Ks Toh

Hi hi

Sarah, I don't see any "box" in your red room picture tho...? All so neat n tidy!

The big white box is right in the middle below the window which can be covered up with a full length curtain. I was considering doing some storage solution below the window to create a ledge for displaying things like a typical Swedish home but didn't execute due to time and budget constraint.

23646968270_1eb497cf32_c.jpg

The trunking on the bottom left is the water pipes that lead to the mbdrm's bathroom, top left is for the cables for the living room and master bedroom and on the bottom right are aircon cables from the other two bedrooms via the bedroom next to the master bedroom.

Overall the aircon man did a very good job in running the trunkings. There is no trunking at all in the living room, The bedroom next to the master bedroom has the most trunkings with a big chunk of it running above the skirting of the 5 meter long wall until it meets the trunking from the air con unit in that bedroom:

23845471502_588c2f284c_c.jpg

The third bedroom has a small section exposed and it enters the second bedroom via the storeroom:

23658071340_49be30dc72_c.jpg]

Edited by sarah833

If you look carefully at the picture, I do know why your ID made such a big box. The Aircon piping are still within the area of the vertical trucking.If he do a smaller box up, that will leave your power point expose. I think it up to you to have a expose point or a bigger box.

Hi Tigaroo! Yes, I remember that awesome place - can only go and bio, cannot buy! hahaha. And we just revealed our age by acknowledging this whoops.

That table of yours is droolworthy! Keep it and restore it, please! It looks so much like the Sottsass Bacterio print -

Ya bio only..... and jaw drop to basement carpark. LOL....

waiting for you to share more pictures.

Oh the poor sweeties... cats really don't like changes much.. I've read sOmewhere it will be less stressful to introduce a new place to them in the dark.. maybe you can try that.

Fatcat, they're afraid of the dark! Silly things! And they also kept me up all night scratching away at their litter box!

Good attitude! Turning a problem into an opportunity! Imagine having to spend money to build a ledge for your cats

Ks, haiz no choice la! Life giving me a lot of lemons, so drink lemonade lor! You'll be pleased to know that the cats made full use of the box on their first night here - by hiding in the space UNDERNEATH!! :P

Anyway, Merry Xmas to all of you! Hope everyone's been enjoying the long festive weekend!

Hi hiThe big white box is right in the middle below the window which can be covered up with a full length curtain. I was considering doing some storage solution below the window to create a ledge for displaying things like a typical Swedish home but didn't execute due to time and budget constraint. 23646968270_1eb497cf32_c.jpg

The trunking on the bottom left is the water pipes that lead to the mbdrm's bathroom, top left is for the cables for the living room and master bedroom and on the bottom right are aircon cables from the other two bedrooms via the bedroom next to the master bedroom.

Overall the aircon man did a very good job in running the trunkings. There is no trunking at all in the living room, The bedroom next to the master bedroom has the most trunkings with a big chunk of it running above the skirting of the 5 meter long wall until it meets the trunking from the air con unit in that bedroom: 23845471502_588c2f284c_c.jpg

The third bedroom has a small section exposed and it enters the second bedroom via the storeroom:23658071340_49be30dc72_c.jpg]

Hi Sarah, it feels like so much thought was put into how the trunking ran and i have to say kudos to landing yourself such an amazing aircon guy! I'm so jelly!! :)

Your place looks really great!

If you look carefully at the picture, I do know why your ID made such a big box. The Aircon piping are still within the area of the vertical trucking.If he do a smaller box up, that will leave your power point expose. I think it up to you to have a expose point or a bigger box.

Hi Loop, thanks for dropping by! Yes, the reason for the bulky box is exactly as you mentioned, and yes, i have also decided to keep it as is :)

So busy with moving in, but it feels so odd cos there's still some way to go with the reno.. Since it's a long weekend and no contractors coming in and out of the house for a change, i decided to do a little xmas project with my main door light:

Armed with a simple hanging bare bulb, balsa wood, yellow acrylic paint and a hot glue gun...

g7wsk8B.jpg

... We get a memphis-inspired pendant lamp at the main entrance!

P7SLeb3.jpg

(sorry if the photo is bad/ dark, it's because all of my lights aren't completely up yet..)

UNPACKING CONTINUES....

I'd forgotten how photogenic this set of coffee cups were.

YwHM8CR.jpg

Hi Sarah, it feels like so much thought was put into how the trunking ran and i have to say kudos to landing yourself such an amazing aircon guy! I'm so jelly!! :)

Your place looks really great!

Hi hi,

I am lucky that I choose to buy the air con from the aircon contractor that my main contractor works with for years after doing price check. I had some ideas on how the trunkings to be run to minimize eyesore and the aircon boss is able to give his professional advise and suggest alternatives if it's not feasible.

Thanks! I wish I can do small DIY project like you!

Hi fatcat, whole black sockets are available from Clipsal, but quite costly especially if you factor in sockets for the entire home. In our case, only our switch plates came in black, but the wiring box itself was originally standard issue White, then spray painted to match the covers.

5ZRfhdl.jpg

Was poking around for the cover brand and yup, found the packaging - FYM it says, on the box :)

pP4Lgzj.jpg

Thanks Art!!

Hi fatcat, whole black sockets are available from Clipsal, but quite costly especially if you factor in sockets for the entire home. In our case, only our switch plates came in black, but the wiring box itself was originally standard issue White, then spray painted to match the covers.

5ZRfhdl.jpg

Was poking around for the cover brand and yup, found the packaging - FYM it says, on the box :)

pP4Lgzj.jpg