Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brandon Song

Advice Requested - Is This Package Overpriced?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Brandon,

looking at the breakdown, I felt it's ok. When there's hacking involved, there's bound to be increase in price. Also, using internal color PVC would increase the price quite abit. My advice is to bargain down the hacking cost by a few hundred ($3k perhaps?) and consider whether the internal color PVC is truly needed for certain carpentry. Another consideration is the use of false ceiling in bedrooms. Some like it, other find it distracting as it decrease the overall room size.

Guest Brandon Song

Hi Brandon,

looking at the breakdown, I felt it's ok. When there's hacking involved, there's bound to be increase in price. Also, using internal color PVC would increase the price quite abit. My advice is to bargain down the hacking cost by a few hundred ($3k perhaps?) and consider whether the internal color PVC is truly needed for certain carpentry. Another consideration is the use of false ceiling in bedrooms. Some like it, other find it distracting as it decrease the overall room size.

Hi Brandon,

hi, pDark

thank you very much for your advice! I will look into those areas

Haoxuan

hi brandon,

ur feature wall is very expensive normally (200/pfr)

tv console (130pfr)

painting also on the high side.

wardrobe (260)and shoe cabinet (250)all very expensive. i am sure is overprice already.

for your info.

all d best.

Guest Brandon Song

hi brandon,

ur feature wall is very expensive normally (200/pfr)

tv console (130pfr)

painting also on the high side.

wardrobe (260)and shoe cabinet (250)all very expensive. i am sure is overprice already.

for your info.

all d best.

Hi, Jimmy

I was advised that the carpentry works are expensive because of color PVC. Not sure how to evaluate that and still a bit confused.

anyway, thanks for the headsup.

Don't worry, there's definitely much confusion at the beginning. Thus at renotalk, it is always encouraged to seek a few quotations before deciding on the id/contractor. For me, the chemistry with the id and his/her commitment to your project play a bigger role in my choice. For others, price point plays a major factor. All the best in your search!

Guest Vicki Goh

From your quote as your carpentry come with colored PVC which is actually quite expensive about additional S$30 to S$40 psf so overall should be ok. If confirm all use blum hings then i would say worth it.

As for painting maybe ask him how many color provided and also include door frame?? and maybe ask specific type of paint he going to use for your whole.

For your quartz maybe ask him is he using iquartz series?? As can see the worktop quite a good price.

Lastly, is there GST or not?? if not i would say quite reasonable.

Guest Brandon Song

Don't worry, there's definitely much confusion at the beginning. Thus at renotalk, it is always encouraged to seek a few quotations before deciding on the id/contractor. For me, the chemistry with the id and his/her commitment to your project play a bigger role in my choice. For others, price point plays a major factor. All the best in your search!

thanks a lot. your advice helps! I am getting a few other quotations. another one i got today is below. it is actually a lot cheaper than the previous one when I compare the similar items

not sure what the reason is though

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rv248y1hlt586nt/AAAj8effYRWKhI35CwV598i2a?dl=0

Guest Brandon Song

From your quote as your carpentry come with colored PVC which is actually quite expensive about additional S$30 to S$40 psf so overall should be ok. If confirm all use blum hings then i would say worth it.

As for painting maybe ask him how many color provided and also include door frame?? and maybe ask specific type of paint he going to use for your whole.

For your quartz maybe ask him is he using iquartz series?? As can see the worktop quite a good price.

Lastly, is there GST or not?? if not i would say quite reasonable.

hi, Vicki

will take note of those. Thanks again!

however, I got another proposal which is a lot cheaper than the previous one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rv248y1hlt586nt/AAAj8effYRWKhI35CwV598i2a?dl=0

I think i better understand more details from each ID firms before decide on anything.

Guest Vicki Goh

Mostly the 2nd quote is cheaper maybe just white pvc only and normal hings. Your quote abot unclear in 2nd part.