Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Carpentry Updates

All the carpentry were already up when we visited last Sunday ! :jammin: This week, electricians will be there to fix up those lighting points & switches that's attached to the cabinets. Our Blanco sink that was being delayed has finally arrived at HoeKee warehouse yesterday. They will deliver it today and my ID will help us to receive it, and he can finally get the iQuartz people to come measure the counter top & proceed with fabrication.

DB Box Cabinet's Doors

HDB gave us DB box cabinet's doors that is 1-side big & 1-side small like this :wacko:
376CFE32-5DCA-4F6F-AB86-321D8C166A6A_zps

I think they did that because our main door's metal arm (don't know what it's called... that black thing on top of the door) will hit it if the door is even. But it's such an eye-sore to me to have uneven doors. Our very nice ID Mr.B helped us to change it to 4 even doors and laminate it with the same laminate as our shoe-cabinet to match it :good:
00040BD2-C5C2-4F05-BEDA-C98B3F4BDE16_zps

Mirror Cabinet

Our unit have a small weird recessed beside our main door. No idea for what :dunno:
594A7344-5D99-4A19-A538-7FC606E6434C_zps

Initially based on looking at the floor plan, we want to just seal it up with a mirror. However, after we collected our keys and went to see our place, we realized this recessed is actually quite deep. To seal it off seems a bit wasted. So we decided to add shelves inside it and made it a cabinet :)
E8FB7635-801F-4D3A-88C0-34552B97F0AE_zps

Edited by yakult

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Carpentry Updates

All the carpentry were already up when we visited last Sunday ! :jammin: This week, electricians will be there to fix up those lighting points & switches that's attached to the cabinets. Our Blanco sink that was being delayed has finally arrived at HoeKee warehouse yesterday. They will deliver it today and my ID will help us to receive it, and he can finally get the iQuartz people to come measure the counter top & proceed with fabrication.

DB Box Cabinet's Doors

HDB gave us DB box cabinet's doors that is 1-side big & 1-side small like this :wacko:

376CFE32-5DCA-4F6F-AB86-321D8C166A6A_zps

I think they did that because our main door's metal arm (don't know what it's called... that black thing on top of the door) will hit it if the door is even. But it's such an eye-sore to me to have uneven doors. Our very nice ID Mr.B helped us to change it to 4 even doors and laminate it with the same laminate as our shoe-cabinet to match it :good:

00040BD2-C5C2-4F05-BEDA-C98B3F4BDE16_zps

Mirror Cabinet

Our unit have a small weird recessed beside our main door. No idea for what :dunno:

594A7344-5D99-4A19-A538-7FC606E6434C_zps

Initially based on looking at the floor plan, we want to just seal it up with a mirror. However, after we collected our keys and went to see our place, we realized this recessed is actually quite deep. To seal it off seems a bit wasted. So we decided to add shelves inside it and made it a cabinet :)

E8FB7635-801F-4D3A-88C0-34552B97F0AE_zps

Good choice in converting it to a cabinet! Space for more shoes! :P

...continue...

Shoes & Storage Cabinets

Finally I have lots of space for shoes! It's not that I have a lot of shoes (at least for now lol) but our parents' place always don't have proper shoe cabinet. No need to stack / pile shoes already! Wheeee~~~ :dancingqueen:

CAE9594A-595E-4567-8D4A-FD5B573695A5_zps

4180702A-5F7E-483B-AEC7-AA3A16B3B03E_zps

As we didn't do any built-in carpentry in the other 2 bedrooms, the right side of this will be great for some additional storage :)

TV Feature Wall & Console

We wanted something simple & sleek...
D3524822-E82E-4F3D-BBF6-8A5A769266D9_zps

The middle 2 sections are flip-and-tuck doors. Forget to take photo of how it looks like with all drawers closed.

Wet Kitchen

Waiting for Quartz top & glass backsplash
82EC1F07-E8A8-41F3-87A1-A8AD57019885_zps

Dry Kitchen

Waiting for oven to be installed in by electrician. The space on the left side is for fridge.
FE00D730-00CC-42DF-992D-0AB2370D20D6_zps

Edited by yakult

wow that is lots of shoe storage space, but converting the recessed area as shelving is a very good choice.

I still thinking should I custom made a shoe cabinet or not.

...continue...

Walk-in-Wardrobe

This is my very-must-have right from the beginning! :P
The WIW door is too close & narrow for me to take a full view photo. So it'll be in parts lol...

Left-side
AB5374B7-9A9B-41B2-A43E-EB4B531227A6_zps

Right-side
9D695B31-130B-4596-9A6F-4C1CB02B9EB4_zps
Took both photos under same lighting color but no idea why it turns out different when I turn to the right side haha.

Drawers...
14B2AA14-97BB-49C9-B27E-018DC73366A0_zps

All the poles are removable. So if I need more space for long dresses, I can remove the bottom ones :sport-smiley-018:
2E591649-CAC5-475C-B0D4-E473C9DB9F8D_zps

That's all for now! :rofl:

Edited by yakult

Good choice in converting it to a cabinet! Space for more shoes! :P

Thank you! :rolleyes: I am glad it turns out great! Was back and forth on our decision to just seal off with mirror or do cabinet as it cost 2x more.

I'm thinking to use this area for first-aid/medicine box, dettol sprays (for our fabric sofa) and other misc items. hehehe. The mirror is excellent for last-check before leaving house! ;)

wow that is lots of shoe storage space, but converting the recessed area as shelving is a very good choice.

I still thinking should I custom made a shoe cabinet or not.

hehehe more space is better than no space ma :P If you need a good space for shoes, why not? :notti: If you don't have that many shoes, can always use part of it as storage space. Build those adjustable shelving.

The recessed area worked out perfectly!

You guys all have dark laminates, looks good :good:

Thank you Kara! We're really glad it worked out well :sport-smiley-018:

Dark laminates for kitchen are inspired by watching too much HGtv I guess :lol:

Sink & Hood

These 2 delayed items were finally delivered to us yesterday! :D Really thank HoeKee staff for following up & chasing these items for me. They arranged for Air freight to send these 2 items over instead of their normal sea freight, bearing the extra cost themselves. Good service :good:

This is our Blanco Zerox 700u very properly wrapped & packed
044A1CDC-5290-4012-AC0D-EAD5071A4D77_zps

With this arrival, iQuartz people finally can take measurements of our kitchen counter top. Hope they can fabricate it fast.

The hood is sealed in the box hence didn't take a picture.

Edited by yakult

Marble Ledge

Our ID installed marble ledges in both our bathrooms for us! That day when the pieces of marble ledges arrived, I tried to carry it. Oh wow, it's soooo heavy I barely can hold 1 piece properly. Real thick solid marble! :wub:

In MBR bathroom
CE021AC7-CCA7-45EB-A1C4-E6972543D6D5_zps
They are the same size. Photo angle made it look different lol.

In Common bathroom
C1AFC798-5041-49E8-AAAD-8C28F90CBFFB_zps

Edited by yakult

Nice marble slabs!! Curious how they are affixed to the wall... can share how much? (Roughly will do) thanks!

Where did you get those marble shelfs? So pretty!

Thankew~! I love it too! :wub:

PM you both k!