Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aosbath

Energy Efficient Digital & Electric Storage Water Heaters Singapore - Sole Distributor of A.O. Smith

Hi can u pm me the most Suitable heater based on :

1. Hdb bto with master and common bath

2. Using rain shower on master only. 

3. 2 aDults

Quote for normal and digital heater. 

Edited by upthetoon

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
12 hours ago, upthetoon said:

Hi can u pm me the most Suitable heater based on :

1. Hdb bto with master and common bath

2. Using rain shower on master only. 

3. 2 aDults

Quote for normal and digital heater. 

Sure sent you a PM! 

Hi,
 I sent you pm to ask for quote on 13/8 and you're not replying.... I guess i just had to ask it here. Can you please provide me with a quote? Thanks.

May I have a quote please.

There are 4 in family - 3 persons use one bathroom and 1 person use the other bathroom. This is a condo.

We use 2 bathrooms and there is existing 2 existing old storage heaters, one in each bathroom above the false ceiling.

Is it more cost efficient to have just one big storage heater instead? Or would the installation and piping outweigh the costs savings? the bathrooms are not next to each other.

hi Aosbath, I'm interested in the Micro heat pump 80L model. I have several concerns though mainly from reading rather many complaints from an independent consumer site https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/ao_smith.html 

As your Micro heat pump is a relatively new model, can I have details about this particular model's performance and claims so far, esp with regards to leaking and warranty service downtime (due to propriety parts) as those were some of the most common complaints there. If there is insufficient data, can I gather proxy details from other comparable models eg the central models? Thanks.

disclaimer: despite this being my first post, I'm a genuine new homeowner and not a water heater competitor. There is no competition in Singapore that I know of that competes with your micro heat pump models anyway.  

Edited by Eva Centrino

On 6 September 2016 at 9:44 PM, Eva Centrino said:

hi Aosbath, I'm interested in the Micro heat pump 80L model. I have several concerns though mainly from reading rather many complaints from an independent consumer site https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/ao_smith.html 

As your Micro heat pump is a relatively new model, can I have details about this particular model's performance and claims so far, esp with regards to leaking and warranty service downtime (due to propriety parts) as those were some of the most common complaints there. If there is insufficient data, can I gather proxy details from other comparable models eg the central models? Thanks.

disclaimer: despite this being my first post, I'm a genuine new homeowner and not a water heater competitor. There is no competition in Singapore that I know of that competes with your micro heat pump models anyway.  

Hi Eva, you aren't the first person to cite the consumer affairs website as a source. While it is good to do research, there are things to note about the website: 

1. ConsumerAffairs isn't an official government website, it is not regulated.
2. ConsumerAffairs is a paid website. In exchange for a monthly fee, they allow member-brands to respond to complaints. 
3. A. O. Smith (AOS) does not participate in websites like these as they believe in impartial forums, not paid forums. 

AOS has been the leading water heater brand in USA for many years. AOS itself is a 140 year-old company. In a free market, companies that do not perform do not stay on top for very long. However, it is natural that the higher the volume of heaters sold, the more complaints you may see circulating on the web. AOS sells 6 million heaters every year. 

Heat pumps are not a new technology. They are one of the most efficient heating systems but are large and not suitable for small families. It took AOS a lot of research to make this technology available to households in the form of smaller micro heat pumps. Like their other innovations, every technology is rigorously tested, accredited and patented. As the system has been a success, other companies have followed suit to create similar products. A simple google search on heat pumps in Singapore will show you that we are not the only ones who carry micro heat pumps. 

Leaking issues are addressed by the quality of the tanks produced. AOS is the top brand in USA and now, also in the largest consumer market, China - because of their tank quality. AOS holds the patent for Blue Diamond tanks with a lifespan of about 10 - 20 years. The longest lasting Blue Diamond tank in the world is 52 years. AOS heat pumps are popular not just because they are efficient, but also because they will last a long time. Durability is especially important with systems with an ROI.

Edited by Aosbath

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:28 AM, Aosbath said:

Hi Eva, you aren't the first person to cite the consumer affairs website as a source. While it is good to do research, there are things to note about the website: 

1. ConsumerAffairs isn't an official government website, it is not regulated.
2. ConsumerAffairs is a paid website. In exchange for a monthly fee, they allow member-brands to respond to complaints. 
3. A. O. Smith (AOS) does not participate in websites like these as they believe in partial forums, not paid forums. 

AOS has been the leading water heater brand in USA for many years. AOS itself is a 140 year-old company. In a free market, companies that do not perform do not stay on top for very long. However, it is natural that the higher the volume of heaters sold, the more complaints you may see circulating on the web. AOS sells 6 million heaters every year. 

Heat pumps are not a new technology. They are one of the most efficient heating systems but are large and not suitable for small families. It took AOS a lot of research to make this technology available to households in the form of smaller micro heat pumps. Like their other innovations, every technology is rigorously tested, accredited and patented. As the system has been a success, other companies have followed suit to create similar products. A simple google search on heat pumps in Singapore will show you that we are not the only ones who carry micro heat pumps. 

Leaking issues are addressed by the quality of the tanks produced. AOS is the top brand in USA and now, also in the largest consumer market, China - because of their tank quality. AOS holds the patent for Blue Diamond tanks with a lifespan of about 10 - 20 years. The longest lasting Blue Diamond tank in the world is 52 years. AOS heat pumps are popular not just because they are efficient, but also because they will last a long time. Durability is especially important with systems with an ROI.

Hi AOSbath, thanks for the quick response, I do hope that if I do get the 80L eventually (preferably group buy for the entire condo), the attention to any (hopefully none) issues will be as fast.

I've acknowledged the point about ConsumerAffairs not being regulated.

I'll still like to check out these points:

As your Micro heat pump seem to be a relatively new model, can I have details about this particular model's performance and claims so far, esp with regards to leaking and warranty service downtime (due to propriety parts). I understand heat pump heaters is not new technology (being plain old school thermodynamics) but I couldn't get reviews regarding any micro heat pumps (which are basically the same thing except less hot water to play with so less "efficiency" and maybe less insulation and smaller fan). If there are group buys for micro heat pump units from some time back at other apartments it will be great. This is important in decision making not so much because of the price (which I can accept) but because any issues would be an extreme inconvenience as I would likely be installing the unit indoors (not bedroom though). Hence leakage, noise due to malfunctioning fan such that it is above 40dB, could be a massive irritant. Coupled with claims that there may be insufficient spare parts (proprietary in-house parts) which means servicing could potentially ding-dong for weeks even within warranty period, or in the case of leakage, new furniture spoilt would not be covered by warranty anyway. The worrisome part is that being a steel tank, it is subject to natural corrosion (unlike my current copper tank, which is unfortunately a storage heater only and not a heat pump). Blue diamond (1920s) is a fancy name for enamelled coating which over cycles of heat and cooling will develop cracks and hence rot the tank. Which is also the reason for the compulsory sacrificial anode in the tank (all info from AOSBath manufacturing process video online). Also the warranty seems to be only 3 years (this part I need verify, forgot after reading) and I'm happy as long as it lasts the 10-20 years you mentioned. Hence it will give more confidence if there is hard data to back up.

There are many heat pump companies with group reviews online but many highly rated ones in group shootouts are not found here. Even for those brands available locally, they are mostly the regular or commercial ones and not micro heat pumps. I was unable to get info of small units online, not just locally, but even overseas.

Finally I totally agree with you that durability is especially important with systems with an ROI. And that is the reason for pressing for info because as I mentioned, I wish to organise a group buy for my condo which is approaching completion. I need to convince as many as possible that AOSbath is indeed durable (beyond marketing talk) as any problems faced, they will definitely come back to me as organiser. I am not in sales line, so whatever I "sell" to others, I want to make sure due diligence and homework is done before I recommend.

Sorry for the long post and hope we can reap benefits and not disappointments as early adopters of the micro (not regular) heat pumps.  

On 9 September 2016 at 4:23 AM, Eva Centrino said:

Hi AOSbath, thanks for the quick response, I do hope that if I do get the 80L eventually (preferably group buy for the entire condo), the attention to any (hopefully none) issues will be as fast.

I've acknowledged the point about ConsumerAffairs not being regulated.

I'll still like to check out these points:

As your Micro heat pump seem to be a relatively new model, can I have details about this particular model's performance and claims so far, esp with regards to leaking and warranty service downtime (due to propriety parts). I understand heat pump heaters is not new technology (being plain old school thermodynamics) but I couldn't get reviews regarding any micro heat pumps (which are basically the same thing except less hot water to play with so less "efficiency" and maybe less insulation and smaller fan). If there are group buys for micro heat pump units from some time back at other apartments it will be great. This is important in decision making not so much because of the price (which I can accept) but because any issues would be an extreme inconvenience as I would likely be installing the unit indoors (not bedroom though). Hence leakage, noise due to malfunctioning fan such that it is above 40dB, could be a massive irritant. Coupled with claims that there may be insufficient spare parts (proprietary in-house parts) which means servicing could potentially ding-dong for weeks even within warranty period, or in the case of leakage, new furniture spoilt would not be covered by warranty anyway. The worrisome part is that being a steel tank, it is subject to natural corrosion (unlike my current copper tank, which is unfortunately a storage heater only and not a heat pump). Blue diamond (1920s) is a fancy name for enamelled coating which over cycles of heat and cooling will develop cracks and hence rot the tank. Which is also the reason for the compulsory sacrificial anode in the tank (all info from AOSBath manufacturing process video online). Also the warranty seems to be only 3 years (this part I need verify, forgot after reading) and I'm happy as long as it lasts the 10-20 years you mentioned. Hence it will give more confidence if there is hard data to back up.

There are many heat pump companies with group reviews online but many highly rated ones in group shootouts are not found here. Even for those brands available locally, they are mostly the regular or commercial ones and not micro heat pumps. I was unable to get info of small units online, not just locally, but even overseas.

Finally I totally agree with you that durability is especially important with systems with an ROI. And that is the reason for pressing for info because as I mentioned, I wish to organise a group buy for my condo which is approaching completion. I need to convince as many as possible that AOSbath is indeed durable (beyond marketing talk) as any problems faced, they will definitely come back to me as organiser. I am not in sales line, so whatever I "sell" to others, I want to make sure due diligence and homework is done before I recommend.

Sorry for the long post and hope we can reap benefits and not disappointments as early adopters of the micro (not regular) heat pumps.  

Hey Eva,

Am glad to answer your questions. We have installed many micro heat pumps in Singapore over the last 5 years. Will give you feedback on those units here.

Service Timing
We have our own in-house team in Singapore to service A. O. Smith heaters and we usually address concerns within 1-2 working days. We also keep an inventory of common spare parts to reduce wait time.

Leaking/Durability
So far there are no reports of leaking yet, that is expected as AOS tanks usually last over 10 years.

Efficiency
Efficiency of micro heat pumps are lower than large heat pumps mainly because they have a smaller compressor. The Coefficient of Performance (COP) is a ratio of heating to work required. The higher the COP the more efficient the system. Large heat pumps have a COP of about 3.8, micro heat pumps have a COP of about 3.2.

Group Buys
For group buys, we allow owners to choose between electric, digital and heat pump heaters, not only limited to heat pumps. This is because different families have different requirements.

Other components
All installed compressors are working well, no increase in noise level. No circuitry issues reported.

Warranty
3-year full warranty (no service, delivery charges)
5-year warranty on tank (against leakage, will provide replacement heater)
More details on warranty here

Blue Diamond Tank Trademark
‘Blue Diamond’ is a specific formula of glass lining, patented by the inventors of glass lining in 1920. Glass lining is an international industry standard, so almost all heater manufacturers are using a variation of the formula but they cannot use the ‘Blue Diamond’ trademark unless they have purchased and fitted a ‘Blue Diamond’ tank in their system.  

Blue Diamond is the formula that expands and contracts with the tank without cracking easily. The durability of a Blue Diamond tank is the best testimony of its effectiveness. In older projects in Singapore such as Pebble Bay, Tanglin Regency and Aquarius by the Park, we have received testimonies of Blue Diamond tanks that have lasted well over 10 years.

--

We will be glad to send you some project references direct to your email and you can provide us with your contact number so we can discuss further. 

Edited by Aosbath

1 hour ago, Aosbath said:

Hey Eva,

Am glad to answer your questions. We have installed many micro heat pumps in Singapore over the last 5 years. Will give you feedback on those units here.

Service Timing
We have our own in-house team in Singapore to service A. O. Smith heaters and we usually address concerns within 1-2 working days. We also keep an inventory of common spare parts to reduce wait time.

Leaking/Durability
So far there are no reports of leaking yet, that is expected as AOS tanks usually last over 10 years.

Efficiency
Efficiency of micro heat pumps are lower than large heat pumps mainly because they have a smaller compressor. The Coefficient of Performance (COP) is a ratio of heating to work required. The higher the COP the more efficient the system. Large heat pumps have a COP of about 3.8, micro heat pumps have a COP of about 3.2.

Group Buys
For group buys, we allow owners to choose between electric, digital and heat pump heaters, not only limited to heat pumps. This is because different families have different requirements.

Other components
All installed compressors are working well, no increase in noise level. No circuitry issues reported.

Warranty
3-year full warranty (no service, delivery charges)
5-year warranty on tank (against leakage, will provide replacement heater)
More details on warranty here

Blue Diamond Tank Trademark
‘Blue Diamond’ is a specific formula of glass lining, patented by the inventors of glass lining in 1920. Glass lining is an international industry standard, so almost all heater manufacturers are using a variation of the formula but they cannot use the ‘Blue Diamond’ trademark unless they have purchased and fitted a ‘Blue Diamond’ tank in their system.  

Blue Diamond is the formula that expands and contracts with the tank without cracking easily. The durability of a Blue Diamond tank is the best testimony of its effectiveness. In older projects in Singapore such as Pebble Bay, Tanglin Regency and Aquarius by the Park, we have received testimonies of Blue Diamond tanks that have lasted well over 10 years.

--

We will be glad to send you some project references direct to your email and you can provide us with your contact number so we can discuss further. 

Email and contact and some further enquiries sent through private message. Thanks for the fast response again :)