Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PteJoker

Skybell Video Doorbell With App (Doorbell)

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone out there has installed the SkyBell door bell.

I did and having nothing but problems. I have got through several hurdles, last one seems to be the need to purchase a 12vDC mains powered mechanical Doorbell to get the thing going. Cannot use battery or wireless models.

Does anyone know a shop that sells these in SG?

Happy to give more feedback, if/when I get it going. For the moment I would suggest don't buy it on Amazon. Skybell provides a support team but the team does not provide support other than words of good luck. :-(

Cheers

Mark.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

According to the skybell wiring diagrams, if you are planning to use it with a door chime, you should be using a transformer with Secondary Power = 10-36 VAC 10 VA and not a 12vDC mains powered mechanical Doorbell. You can check with lighting shops to see if they sell door chimes with built in transformer with 10-36VAC 10 VA transformer. I have seen door chimes powered by AC but I do not know what the rating is.

If you don't intend to use with a door chime, then you can use a 12V DC 10VA adaptor WITH a 10 Ohm 10 Watt resistor. You can get a 10 Ohm 10 Watt resistor from Sim Lim Tower. If you cannot find, then you can try RS components or Element14 online.