Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gothique

Rainbath Plus Bathtub

hi pieces

A reply at last... anyway I would also like to ask around... has anyone tried to knock down their MBR bathroom wall? and have "open" concept for MBR bathroom and sleeping area?

I am thinking of installing a bathtub. but as pieces said, HDB toilet is too small. so i thought of hacking the wall. and intall a bathtub plus window that can slide open or close for privacy.

Kinda hard to describe but hope u get what i mean?

but basically idea is to do away with the boundary of toilet and room.

Anyone? please share.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've seen a bedroom with a toilet that has a glass wall where u can look into the bedroom while bathing. One of the forummers here has a window in the toilet which looks into the bedroom..quite nice also. If the design is good, I guess it'll turn out well.

All the best!

Hi guys

I would like to have some opinions from the floor.

If I were to install a rainbath showerhead above, and have a rectangle bathtub below.

AND a sliding screen mounted on the side of the bathtub to make sure water doesn't spray out when we bathe.

Will it look weird? Something like this plus a rainbath showerhead.

http://www.artistcraft.com/tub_doors/bathtub_screens/33/4328

Thanks a lot!!

Also, want to ask if anyone knows how much and where to buy JUST the showerscreen?

wow nice, y i din think of tat... argh..

Our master bathroom has similar design, except that we bought rainbow set from hansgrohe, so the installation is similar to a normal shower head with sliding bar, but the surface of the shower head is much bigger hence same with rainshower. So if wanna take a bath and having shower head in the hand, still can do.

take a look here for for the rainbow set

http://www.hansgrohe.com.sg/sg/en/products...890038C5FF.html

If you decided on tthis one, remember to ensure that your plumber measure it first before installing all the piping, as rainbow is much taller than normal shower set. I had problem with rainbow in my common bathroom and changed it to this one:

http://www.hansgrohe.com.sg/sg/en/products...890038C5F2.html

But after taking shower at both, both gave same feeling, I guess cos they have same surface size plus using the same AIR technology..

Our master bathroom has similar design, except that we bought rainbow set from hansgrohe, so the installation is similar to a normal shower head with sliding bar, but the surface of the shower head is much bigger hence same with rainshower. So if wanna take a bath and having shower head in the hand, still can do.

take a look here for for the rainbow set

http://www.hansgrohe.com.sg/sg/en/products...890038C5FF.html

If you decided on tthis one, remember to ensure that your plumber measure it first before installing all the piping, as rainbow is much taller than normal shower set. I had problem with rainbow in my common bathroom and changed it to this one:

http://www.hansgrohe.com.sg/sg/en/products...890038C5F2.html

But after taking shower at both, both gave same feeling, I guess cos they have same surface size plus using the same AIR technology..

Can i check with you how much you paid for the rainbow set from hansgrohe

I bought them from BRETZ at ParkMall's basement.. They give disc to architects / ID so my architect friend came with me there hehehe..

can't remember exactly how much, it was more than S$500 before disc though

Hi guys

Sorry to digress back to the bathtub problem again.

What do you think of this:

spinelli20bath20tub20clsb7.jpg

But instead of the view of greenery, the windows will open to the BEDROOM instead. Also, the windows will be frosted instead of clear to ensure privacy.

On the other side of the bath tub, i add a showerscreen so that the surrounding area won't get wet. and IF possible, add the rain showerhead on the part where the bathtub and wall join together.

1. U think for HDB toilet, it's possible? I thought of hacking the toilet wall to extend it a bit into the bedroom if not enough space.

2. How much do u think the window thing will cost... and where do they sell it. Or just use normal windows? Or they have some special window for bathtubs... i dunno.

anyone got prior experience, do share... thanks!!

Hi

Have not done something like this myself but hv used a shower/tub with screen like the pic in ur top post.(shower screens popular in Europe) You know, that little screen is not good enough to keep water in but anything bigger sitting on the edge of the tub may make ur tub like a showcase. May be better to use a shower curtain and you can just push it all the way to one side when using the tub. I am sure you would want the feel of more room. Or unless your toilet is big enough have the screen/door built like 2 or 2half ft away from the tub so that u can hv the shower in that area. Where is ur doorway?

The idea of having translucent glass instead of solid wall on the other side is also good - won't feel claustophobic. Fixed panes will do isn't it? Cheaper. This is what I think lah, groping around with my own reno too.

Hi guys

Sorry to digress back to the bathtub problem again.

What do you think of this:

spinelli20bath20tub20clsb7.jpg

But instead of the view of greenery, the windows will open to the BEDROOM instead. Also, the windows will be frosted instead of clear to ensure privacy.

On the other side of the bath tub, i add a showerscreen so that the surrounding area won't get wet. and IF possible, add the rain showerhead on the part where the bathtub and wall join together.

1. U think for HDB toilet, it's possible? I thought of hacking the toilet wall to extend it a bit into the bedroom if not enough space.

2. How much do u think the window thing will cost... and where do they sell it. Or just use normal windows? Or they have some special window for bathtubs... i dunno.

anyone got prior experience, do share... thanks!!

Hi peeps

u mean the shower screen is not good enough to keep the water in? oh no, i thought that the purpose of the screen is to seperate a wet and dry area in the bathroom leh.

i thought shower screen is more effective than shower curtain. if not what for spend so much $$ on it????? what's the point if the water cannot be kept out...

Anyone care to comment on the screen's effectiveness on keeping water confined to bath area?

secondly... well... i guess that if it's a frosted pane, it will be cheaper than having frosted windows that can be opened or closed at will. but then... won't have any interaction between bedroom and bathroom. any one have an idea how much these windows cost?

Hi peeps

u mean the shower screen is not good enough to keep the water in? oh no, i thought that the purpose of the screen is to seperate a wet and dry area in the bathroom leh.

i thought shower screen is more effective than shower curtain. if not what for spend so much $$ on it????? what's the point if the water cannot be kept out...

Anyone care to comment on the screen's effectiveness on keeping water confined to bath area?

secondly... well... i guess that if it's a frosted pane, it will be cheaper than having frosted windows that can be opened or closed at will. but then... won't have any interaction between bedroom and bathroom. any one have an idea how much these windows cost?

Hi Gothique,

I'm doing the same for my tiny HDB master bathroom. I have a tub, rain shower and a shower screen. I got this idea when I was in France and a friend of mine had this in his apartment. And no, unless you're a real splasher, the water doesn't get out. That's why its called a SCREEN. It keeps your wet and dry area separate.

I'd love to show you a picture but my bathroom is only halfway done. Might have a pic for you next week hopefully. I had my tub and floors done in white pebblewash to counter HDB's awful tiling work!

Hope this helps in your decision!