Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

Reno loan - can loan less than what was approved?

So let's say I get a loan for $X at first, only to find out later (midway through reno, for instance) that I needed lesser than that, are we able to reduce our loan by that point of time?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

if I am not wrong there should be a cancellation fee for the amount that is not disbursed. ie. u apply for X and signed for the loan after approval. however after the monies are ready but not disbursed but you wish to cancel, there should be a cancellation fee. its better to check with the banker for the details. I recently applied for OCBC DBS and RHB. If you need the contacts can PM me

wow with 3 banks. that's a lot! any reason why apply 3 banks? coz my colleague told me that her ID suggested they split their 20k loan into 2 smaller 15+5 I think, something to do with being able to clear one loan faster, thus better credit rating or what?

On 6/8/2016 at 10:58 PM, gumbokins said:

wow with 3 banks. that's a lot! any reason why apply 3 banks? coz my colleague told me that her ID suggested they split their 20k loan into 2 smaller 15+5 I think, something to do with being able to clear one loan faster, thus better credit rating or what?

good strategy!