Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fauzi Ibrahim

Break Renovation contract

Hi Guys,

Recently i signed a renovation package with a well known company and the total cost is 37K not including a windows Grill, Electrical And Aircon. I manage to get another quote from another contract for 30 K including windows Grill, Electrical and Aircon.

The termination charges is 15% and it cheaper overall.

Would you advice to terminate and pay or negotiate?

Edited by Fauzi Ibrahim

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If I were u, I will nego first. Then no choice, then terminate. But be careful, some id once they know u want to terminate, will give u shody works and a lot of hidden add on costing.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the 30K quote will be more superior than the 37K quote, or that the 37K guy is overcharging you by 7K. Sometimes they have slightly different content in their quotation that you might not be aware of. 

On 20/07/2016 at 7:41 PM, kangeroo168 said:

If I were u, I will nego first. Then no choice, then terminate. But be careful, some id once they know u want to terminate, will give u shody works and a lot of hidden add on costing.

May I know how 'young' are you? 20-30 range? 

Have they started work yet? If so, some times even its more expensive, it can be more worth it. Rather than to always go for the cheaper option. Cheaper sometimes mean cheap and unlasting materials

Fauzi should be 'young' enough encountering such conflicting decision making process with 'seductive choices' available driving him/her to void/breaking the commercial contract which he/she has earlier entered into, for better 'value for money'. 

Why signed something which 'do not need'? Under certain external undue influences....?