Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

Just now, kingandbin said:

Kitchen and all the carpentry works are looking really good! The chosen laminates are really gorgeous. Clean and minimalistic  :wub:  Love the paint colours as well! Did you pick matt or glossy laminates for your kitchen?

Little issues here and there are bound to happen.. hang in there! The end is near and I'm sure the final outcome will be worthwhile :):). In my case, the toilet glass panel took 4 or 5 visits to fix up correctly and they even tried to charge extra for the changes made due to their error. Thank goodness it's all over!

Thanks kingandbin

so far my contractor can give me reasons for everything that didn't go as i wanted. so i normally will accept his reasons la.

can't wait for it to be over to move on as well!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
4 minutes ago, spooky said:

Really liking the looks of the bathroom! Is that a step down kerb? Lots of overlaying work in the bathroom I'm guessing?

yes it was overlay, the contractor said it was v. difficult. but i hope the invoice won't be too scary.

3 minutes ago, mamit said:

yes it was overlay, the contractor said it was v. difficult. but i hope the invoice won't be too scary.

Hmm, usually won't you know the cost of it before they proceed? >< although I know butterpaperstudio works a little differently from others

19 minutes ago, spooky said:

Hmm, usually won't you know the cost of it before they proceed? >< although I know butterpaperstudio works a little differently from others

I didn't go with BPS contractor. But apart from the initial quote I nvr ask leh. So maybe will get a big shock at the end. 

Got more updates! I was on leave today because curtain was coming, tv and mounting was coming, StarHub was coming and Plumbers was coming. I can finally use internet in my home and I can poop and pee in my toilet. Sounds gross but it's such a relief!

I was also cleaning the cabinet all day. So tiring!

IMG_9167.PNG

IMG_9168.PNG

IMG_9169.PNG

IMG_9170.PNG

IMG_9171.PNG

IMG_9172.PNG

IMG_9173.PNG

IMG_9174.PNG

Edited by mamit

• Like 1

On 14/03/2017 at 11:46 PM, mamit said:

I didn't go with BPS contractor. But apart from the initial quote I nvr ask leh. So maybe will get a big shock at the end. 

Hi Mamit, can pm your contractor for the bathroom, kitchens and carpentry. thanks :)

We have finally moved everything in over the weekend. Thanks to my father and father in law for their help! 

The house is still in the process of decluttering but I managed to take some photos of the living and dining before the mess arrived!

IMG_9189.PNG

IMG_9190.PNG

omg your home is so beautiful! totally loving the color scheme esp the walnut colored floor and grey wardrobe. btw i noticed you didnt do a shower kerb? is it really ok not to do? looks so much better without one. 

5 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

Congrats that Reno is over. Enjoy your home! 

Thanks fifteen may. I hope yours is going well too. Seems like you are one week away.

its my first time having starhub tv at home. I am still amazed how i lived 30 plus years with just channel 5 and 8

Edited by mamit

5 hours ago, matchalatte said:

omg your home is so beautiful! totally loving the color scheme esp the walnut colored floor and grey wardrobe. btw i noticed you didnt do a shower kerb? is it really ok not to do? looks so much better without one. 

Thanks matcha. Yes I have been silently reading your blog too and reading it makes me hungry.. Actually there is a step down. So no need for a kerb!

Edited by mamit

12 hours ago, Jolene Heng said:

what a high floor you are on!!! congrats!!! I LOVE THE LOOK!

Thanks Jolene. Can't wait to see your journey too!

Hi, may i know if the HERF flooring you install is of good quality? I came across their road show at expo last weekend and was quite impressed with their vinyl flooring which is water-proof, fire-proof and scratch-proof!