Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamit

Modern minimalistic 2016

13 hours ago, mamit said:

hi all,

nothing much to update, so decided to share my aircon trunking layout. 

i was advised to do 2 condensers, one for living room and the other for 3 bedrooms. Reason was i wanted to put the living room aircon at the top of the walkway...so ah heng says need power one. Also if I don't use 2 condensers, then i can't on all 4 air-cons at once. Which is actually ok, cause i don't normally on living room air con unless friends come over. 

Decided to go with 1 condenser to 4 air con. Originally I mapped out the shortest path but was told if i were to squeeze all the gas pipe into one trunk, the trunk is going to be the mother of all trunks, ie. very fat and thick. So the layout was suggested by ah heng and jay, which I am quite happy with.

most importantly, the drainage from all air con units goes into my shower alcove and into my shower area without an ugly PVC piper exposed. I think all the trunking will be boxed up next.

photos in order:

1) layout

2) middle room

3) air con ledge

4) 1st bedroom

5) masterbed room

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.10.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.15.47 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-02-11_at_9_16.28_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.16.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 9.16.38 PM.png

i also going for a one compressor with 4 units ( cos resale cannot have more than 1 compressor). i think my trunking also under the beams like yours

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
5 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

i also going for a one compressor with 4 units ( cos resale cannot have more than 1 compressor). i think my trunking also under the beams like yours

Didn't know there was a restriction to resale. For me was more of saving $. Of course two condensers more ideal.

18 hours ago, mamit said:

Didn't know there was a restriction to resale. For me was more of saving $. Of course two condensers more ideal.

ya, two compressors more ideal. air con guy say that one compressor, my living air con would be a cool breeze only.. :(but bo plan

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

ya, two compressors more ideal. air con guy say that one compressor, my living air con would be a cool breeze only.. :(but bo plan

Just don't switch on all at once. Think will be cold as Long as u use living room alone.

Gas pipe installation todAy. If u recall my 3D there is no tall cabinet on the stove side and so the gas pipe was a problem as it can't go vertically down to the stove cause it will be exposed. Since I want kompacplus as backsplash, this was not an option. In the end we had the pipe go out horizontally into the yard (all these concealed by TOP cabinet) down and back into the kitchen where the stove will be. 

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

went down to pick laminate with Jay.

Took us in total 1.5 hours including paint color. So drained after that.

I will keep you guys in suspense about what i am doing with the built in cabinet for the 2 other bedrooms.

below are pics for the shoe cabinet in living room and the MBR laminate.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.30 PM.png

2 hours ago, mamit said:

went down to pick laminate with Jay.

Took us in total 1.5 hours including paint color. So drained after that.

I will keep you guys in suspense about what i am doing with the built in cabinet for the 2 other bedrooms.

below are pics for the shoe cabinet in living room and the MBR laminate.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 5.22.30 PM.png

ya laminate selection is **** exhausting! 

i am pondering on my paint colours too!

13 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

ya laminate selection is **** exhausting! 

i am pondering on my paint colours too!

Yes. It was tiring. My paint selection was done in 20 min. Too tired after laminate selection.

1 hour ago, mamit said:

Yes. It was tiring. My paint selection was done in 20 min. Too tired after laminate selection.

wow can share what colours did u choose?

all the off whites are confusing me!

:unsure:

On 12 February 2017 at 4:34 PM, mamit said:

We can have 2 condensers even for resale flats but both condensers cannot be installed on the same wall. For example, it is ok to have one condenser installed at the MBR wall and the second condenser installed at the study room outside wall next to the living room. 

For those flats with a air-con ledge, both condensers must be placed there. 

Edited by KFC1189

3 minutes ago, KFC1189 said:

We can have 2 condensers even for resale flats but both condensers cannot be installed on the same wall. For example, it is ok to have one condenser installed at the MBR wall and the second condenser installed in the study room outside wall next to the living room. 

For those flats with a air-con ledge, both condensers must be placed there. 

din know that!!!

1 hour ago, fifteenmay said:

wow can share what colours did u choose?

all the off whites are confusing me!

:unsure:

Hi 15may,

for paint I went with Dulux easy clean cause I have kids.

We just did the generic white white color.

for gray I cant remember, we chose like veil/snowfield and stucco? for different patches of wall.