Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi folks,

Just wanna share my experience with Summit Design. We engaged their services in July 2011.
Writing this review now cos just wanted to wait and see how their workmanship copes with our daily abuses. So far so good.

Ours is a 5 room flat, we brought our floor plan and went to the show room in Joo Chiat Road.

Our Interior Designer is ******, who greeted us cheerfully and at the end of the discussion, we had a rough idea of what our home's gonna be like. We did look around a fair bit, but we were impressed with ****** good knowledge of design and ability to integrate our ideas into something visible on the floor plan.
He has a non-pushy attitude that allowed us to take our time to settle all we wanted. We signed contract within two or three weeks and soon after work started. He was responsible in the sense that if our ideas breached HDB guidelines, he would voice it out clearly to enlighten us.

We engaged Summit's contractors for floor tiles, electric and plumbing work. If you are engaging them, pls do that too.
It might be a bit more pricy, but when it comes to coordination and aftersales support, the few more dollars is well worth it.
(Our ceiling fan in the living room lost speed 1 and 2 about a month ago and after sitting on it for a while, I sent an sms to ****** and he got the Fan company guys to come and fix it for me last saturday morning.
The whole issue was settled within a week...amazing!!)

We did the following for our place.
- hack all the floor tiles in living room and passageway and lay bigger glossy homogenous tiles. (looks amazing, but a pain when it comes to cleaning!!)
- Feature wall, tv console, display cabinet, full ht shoe cabinet and prayer altar in the Living Room.
- Build up sliding wardrobe, tv console, dressing table and mirror and wooden window ledge in MBR.
- Hack horrible partitions and ugly sinks in the toilet, and build glass partitions and vanity set with wall mirror in bathrooms.
- Build up kitchen cabinets and island. (be sure to ask for soft closing hinges). Also fixed glass backing between top and bottom cabinets.
- grilles for all windows and quite a few other things...
- Initial budget on renovation is about 30k.

****** gave us a schedule spanning about a month and half. Work was completed about a week before the original end date.
During the course of work, I had to ask ****** to change the layout of the bathroom partition design and shift a ceiling fan position.
Nothing was impossible, just have to pester him...smile.gif

Below are some pics of our place.
LivingPreReno.jpg
Living room just after getting the keys.

LivingPostReno.jpg
Finished living room without furniture and curtains.

Kitchen.jpg
Kitchen

MBRwashroom.jpg
MBR washroom - bit hard to take good pic here.

Good luck with your dream home.
Cheers.

Edited by leyenda

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi folks,

Just wanna share my experience with Summit Design. We engaged their services in July 2011.
Writing this review now cos just wanted to wait and see how their workmanship copes with our daily abuses. So far so good.

Ours is a 5 room flat, we brought our floor plan and went to the show room in Joo Chiat Road.

Our Interior Designer is ******, who greeted us cheerfully and at the end of the discussion, we had a rough idea of what our home's gonna be like. We did look around a fair bit, but we were impressed with ****** good knowledge of design and ability to integrate our ideas into something visible on the floor plan.
He has a non-pushy attitude that allowed us to take our time to settle all we wanted. We signed contract within two or three weeks and soon after work started. He was responsible in the sense that if our ideas breached HDB guidelines, he would voice it out clearly to enlighten us.

We engaged Summit's contractors for floor tiles, electric and plumbing work. If you are engaging them, pls do that too.
It might be a bit more pricy, but when it comes to coordination and aftersales support, the few more dollars is well worth it.
(Our ceiling fan in the living room lost speed 1 and 2 about a month ago and after sitting on it for a while, I sent an sms to Dennis and he got the Fan company guys to come and fix it for me last saturday morning.
The whole issue was settled within a week...amazing!!)

We did the following for our place.
- hack all the floor tiles in living room and passageway and lay bigger glossy homogenous tiles. (looks amazing, but a pain when it comes to cleaning!!)
- Feature wall, tv console, display cabinet, full ht shoe cabinet and prayer altar in the Living Room.
- Build up sliding wardrobe, tv console, dressing table and mirror and wooden window ledge in MBR.
- Hack horrible partitions and ugly sinks in the toilet, and build glass partitions and vanity set with wall mirror in bathrooms.
- Build up kitchen cabinets and island. (be sure to ask for soft closing hinges). Also fixed glass backing between top and bottom cabinets.
- grilles for all windows and quite a few other things...
- Initial budget on renovation is about 30k.

****** gave us a schedule spanning about a month and half. Work was completed about a week before the original end date.
During the course of work, I had to ask ****** to change the layout of the bathroom partition design and shift a ceiling fan position.
Nothing was impossible, just have to pester him...smile.gif

Below are some pics of our place.
LivingPreReno.jpg
Living room just after getting the keys.

LivingPostReno.jpg
Finished living room without furniture and curtains.

Kitchen.jpg
Kitchen

MBRwashroom.jpg
MBR washroom - bit hard to take good pic here.

Good luck with your dream home.
Cheers.

Thanks for sharing your experience and lovely pics Blazing!

Your home looks lovely! :rolleyes:

How much was the quote for their lighting works?? Edited by leyenda

Thanks for sharing your experience and lovely pics Blazing!

Your home looks lovely! :rolleyes:

How much was the quote for their lighting works??

Thanks. abt 2k for the lights. Not too bad I think.

I walked in to their showroom last Fri and was served by James Chew.

Sincere and nice guy to speak with. Good listener too.

Supposed to receive his quotation tmr. Hope I wont faint. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

I walked in to their showroom last Fri and was served by James Chew.

Sincere and nice guy to speak with. Good listener too.

Supposed to receive his quotation tmr. Hope I wont faint. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

I also just comfirm my reno with James chew. Indeed a good listener and gives you lots of ideaa. For quotation, you might want to remind him as mine quote was not on time. Now hope everything works well for the renovation. Will update once complete

I have heard many raves and reviews regarding Summit Designs, and have tried to contact ***
My concept is I just need simple renovation, mainly room wardrobe and kitchen cabinets, toilets shower
screens and such, nothing fancy, no fake ceilings no special designs, just economical.

I just called *** and honestly *** sounded busy over the phone and asked me
to go down to his showroom instead of coming over to my new flat in punggol to listen
to what I wanted as he claimed punggol flats "were all the same".

I am still not bashing anything or anyone here, but I will go down to the showroom and try
to listen how it will go.

In the meantime I will keep u guys posted how it went, will draw up the quotation and pictures soon.

Finally manage to find time to write this review for the services rendered by my ID *** and Summit Design on our re-sale unit in Bedok Reservoir. We started our reno in May 2011, comprising of reno for almost the entire house. Reno was successfully completed sometime in Aug 2011.

Like everyone else, we did extensive research/reading and face-to-face communication with various design firms' IDs before deciding on our ID. One of the key factors why me and wife chose *** was becos he was one the few IDs that has impressed us on his technical and practical experience as well as positive enthusiasm. For example, he was the 1st few IDs we met that was sharp enuff to spot water leak issues from my neighbour upstairs when we invited the IDs on separate occasions to visit our pre-renovated unit. One of the walls in my study room was kinda old-looking with some minor paint peeling. However, he was technically experienced enuff to warn us on potential leak from above. True enuff, my neighbour's toilet water pipe upstairs was found to be leaking and we were able to rectify the problem in time for our reno. Thru the process, we also managed to become good frens with our neightbour upstairs...LOL! :thumbs up:

My reno consists of carpentry, tiling, electrical and also plumbing works. I rate *** carpentry, electrical and tiling teams highly. The results were very satisfactory with no problems to date. However, plumbing wasn't as ideal as i have expected as there are too many not-right-first-times during the reno. But overall, it was a fantastic experience working with ***. In summary, these are the key strengths of my ID *** which we have observed during our reno process:

- technically very good and is able to offer good reno suggestions
- able to built good rapport with us (throughout the reno process)
- always reachable and able to attend to our queries
- able to keep a cool head - many a times we've jumped or panicked unnecessarily due to some issues. But he was able to reassure us, explain to us patiently as well as quickly resolve matters
- no change of attitude even after we almost pay up entire reno before it was completed
- no change of attitude even after we closed the project!

We were glad to have chosen *** and Summit Design for our reno and are current advocates for their services to our friends who needs to do reno. I can't guarantee they are the cheapest in town, but they have certainly given us high-quality results and value-added services. So thks guys and keep up the gd work. :yamseng:

Rgds,
Andrew

I have engaged Summit Design Studio for my 4 room's renovation last year, my ID is ***.
We have talked to few ID and asked for their quotation and we have decided to signed the contract with ***. Like what others mentioned, you can find many good reviews of Summit Design Studio but seldom see bad reviews. Although they are not the cheapest ID firm in the market, but what's most important is their good service, don't you agree ? :notti:

Words are powerful in internet, i searched for reviews of ID firms from Renotalk also.
I contacted *** via SMS and he responded very fast and we arranged meet up at their showroom.
My wife and myself have decided to engage SDS on the first meet-up with *** but we didn't confirm with him immediately. He is a very sincere and patience person, willing to listen to what we need yet not pushy type. And i received his quotation within 1 week! Other ID seemed like they are not interested in "small" business and never reply at all! :curse:

I have to admit that i have received cheaper quotation from other ID firms, but there is "chemistry" between us and ***, we feel comfortable with him unlike others. But of course, price can be negotiated and he tried his best to accommodate our request. I SMS him everyday and he replied to all my enquiries very fast even though we have not signed the contract.
Finally, we signed with him after numberous of negotiations. He sent the revised quotation on the same day or latest next day. :good:

During the renovation, he would came down to our unit and update me of the progress. All the works stated in the schedule were carried out accordingly without any delay. I have heard about how other ID firms screwed up the schedule / works delayed for weeks / floor damaged etc. There are some hiccups during the renovation, but *** rectified the issue immediately after i informed him. This is what i called Good Service! :deal:

My wife's colleague got his contact and engaged *** as their ID also, they need the house to be renovated urgently and *** helped them to complete their house within 1 month! To me, *** is a responsible, sincere and reliable ID. Anyone is looking for ID yet can not meet a good one, i strongly recommend you to engage him as your ID. His contact no. is 63457763.

Below are few photos for your reference :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/img1855x.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/img1853q.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/img1852vn.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/img1854j.jpg/

Happy Renovation to you guys ! :yamseng:

Edited by leyenda