Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hdbowner

HDB Temporary Extension of Stay for Seller

Dear Bro/Sis,

Need some precious advise here. Thanks in advance for your time reading my story 

I've bought a resale HDB flat and it was mentioned to me that the seller requested for 1 month extension of stay before the OTP agreement but it wasn't written on the OTP. 

After we exercised the OTP, my agent told us that the seller's agent need some time to submit the application to HDB and it took them 10 days for the submission. 

By the way, my agent and the seller agent is from the same agency and they know each other's very well. In fact from the start, I didn’t want any agent but when I called to inquire for the property, the agent (my current one) offered to be my agent at an extremely low price. So in the end, I agreed to let her represent us as we also don't want to bother much with HDB documentation. 

Back to my story… recently we attended HDB first appointment and I discovered that the seller's agent didn’t submit the one month extension request to HDB. And we were told that the estimation date for my 2nd appointment is 8 weeks later, so I asked the HDB officer if my 2nd appointment can be earlier since HDB mentioned it was between 6-8 weeks in their website but HDB officer told me that the seller's agent requested for "standard" completion and 8 weeks is the standard period from HDB. 

So my questions are:-

1. Why it took the seller's agent 10 days to submit the application to HDB? I know the standard period is 14 days but why so long? Do you think they do it on purpose just to drag the completion date? And worse is my agent didn’t bother too much about it.

2. And why my agent didn’t inform us that we can request for early completion?

3. If the seller's agent didn’t submit for extension of stay during HDB first appointment, does it means that they are not requesting for extension anymore? I've tried asking my agent but she didn’t really answer YES/NO and keeps avoiding the question. Up to now, we have not sign any form of agreement for the extension. And it is after further checks with HDB that we found out the seller needs to submit for extension during first appointment and seller must sign OTP of another property before they can request for extension. We have talked to the seller before and we know that they are still looking for a property. 

4. Can we complaint to CEA about the service provided by our agent?

5. Lastly, can we still collect our keys on 2nd appointment? Or do you think the seller will proceed with the extension?

By
Confused Resale HDB Buyer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request