Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wmayeo

Storage Water Tank

Hi Renotalk peeps, my Joven brand storage water tank is not heating up the water... both red and green led are lit. But no hot water coming out of taps after waiting more than 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the warranty period is over. Called Joven and getting them to come will be charged $40 transport $60 labour $15-80 spare parts. Easily I have to pay $100+. 

Anyone has tried their repairs before?

I didn't expect it could break down so fast within 1+ year of usage. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You should check the manual what it means when red & green are lit.

Also, you sure it is not your mixer tap having a problem? Maybe internal mixer mechanism is permanently stuck in cold water position.

Edited by w7_lee

Hi... Just wanna ask what is the safest way to install storage water heater tank. Is it straight up on the wall or up the ceiling? It is about the safety that I am concern about especially when its up on the ceiling. Cos normally it is installed on walls...

I believe they are normally design to mount on walls, not ceiling. Safety wise, wall mount is definitely safer because the weight will be acting on the wall.

I am not an expert but I have replace 3 different brands of water heater; Everhot @ my parents home, Ariston @ my home and Joven @ my colleague's home. All have brackets that are wall mounted.

But someone had done a ceiling mount. See below.

Edited by w7_lee

Storage water heater costs $200+ plus around $100 labor, so it is still cheaper to repair than to change new.

On 04/05/2017 at 10:32 AM, spike said:

Storage water heater costs $200+ plus around $100 labor, so it is still cheaper to repair than to change new.

This way might as well buy a new one and get free installation, lol