Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

My house is currently under renovation with Ideal House, Danny.

We started searching for an ID since Jan.

We went to U-home, Weiken and Ideal House.

U home (Joel)- FIRST ID firm we sourced for.

Very nice and patient lady. Threw in a lot of freebies if we signed for the package.

They have a very big and nice showroom.

Then it came to seeing her portfolio for the projects that she had done.

Perhaps quite a neat job but not really our kind. So we struck her off from our list.

WeiKen(can't really remember his name)- A very creative ID.

When we were discussing about the plans for our house, he mentioned so many ideas that we could do to our small 4-room flat.

Then when we told him that we had to see his quotes in order to decide, he insisted that we have to pay $1K deposit first.

To pay $1K to see the quotation? No way! So we struck them off the list first.

Ideal House(Danny)- He is supposed to be the FIRST ID we contacted, but he was the LAST we met up with.

Our best fren's flat was done by him and they highly recommend him to us.

(1st meeting)-We met him one week before Chinese New Year.

A very nice and patient person.

(2nd meeting)-Then after considering for about 2 days, we decided to sign up with him and paid $1K as deposit. He said that he would meet us to pass the quotation to us AFTER CNY.

The week after CNY (3rd meeting) - He sent us our quotation. $35K!!! Our budget was only $30K odd. Exceeded our budget. We met up with him to delete some not so important items from our list. Quote: $33K. When we sat down to strike off the items, he was STILL very nice and patient towards us. We told him about our budget and my husband asked him to work some 'magic'.

(4th meeting~ 9days after we confirm) - First meeting to see our 3D drawings. I love his design BUT my husband thought underwise. So he promised to go back and change his design.

(5th meeting ~ 14 days later) - The revised 3D drawings. How we LOVE them! Gave him the 50% cheque for our reno. (Still not given the final quote yet).

(6th meeting ~ 3 days later) - He sent workers to our place to lay cardboard on our floor, doors so that can protect the scratches on the tiles before our aircon started their first installation. We were amazed that he actually thought about that!

(7th meeting ~ 2 days later) - Hacking of the skirtings and unloading of materials in our flat.

Through this period of time, we were still NOT given our final quotes! Husband and I were a bit frustrated but understood that he had about 6 to 7 projects on hand so decided to remind him again.

Then finally, our quotes were out! $31K!!! (Including electrical wiring) He REALLY DID SOME MAGIC to the quotes! We were Sooooo happy and delighted! We did not have to remove a lot of items to meet our budget.... Very pleased with him.

It has been the 4th week, going to be the 5th since our reno works are carried out.

Electrical wiring - 80% done.

Laminate flooring - 100% PERFECTLY done.

First all paint - done.

Carpentry - Just started yesterday but from the looks of it, should be ready by coming Monday.

We can't wait to see the final product!

Danny has promised us that he would deliver the flat in 6 weeks' time and at first we were quite skeptical about it but now we are SURE that he can do it!

For those who waited very long for their replies and had received none, I understand from Danny that each of them will try not to receive TOO MANY projects at one time so that they can concentrate on their current ones.

Cause he mentioned that if they took up too may projects, it will be unfair to their current customers if they are distracted and have no time for them.

I recommended 2 frens to Ideal House. One signed up with them and the other was too impatient to wait for their quotes.

All in all, I will say that I am pleased with Danny's services.

I think its not which company you go to, is WHO you go to.

Hope everyone is able to find a good ID like us! :P

Hi,

I called up Ideal House on their land line today and some ID (couldn't catch his name) picked up. I said I want to meet an ID tomorrow evening and he says he is not available as he has another appt but said 'you can come tomorrow and if any ID is available, they will serve you'. Even when I gave him a specific time for tomorrow, he repeated the same thing and said 'weekends are very busy for us so I can't say for sure who will be free'. There was no interest from his side to even ask for an alternate time when he could see me or any attempt on his part to find out if any other ID is free.

Do you think this is acceptable? Would it help if I contact an ID directly instead of a cold call like this? Can someone help by giving me contact details (mobile) of any good ID from Ideal House.

TnJ

A few months ago, I embarked on the journey to engage and ID... I went to a few places and explained the concept of my home to numerous IDs.. Just to share a learning experience.. It would be good to actually source a couple to IDs online or thru recommendations from friends. Make an appointment first before going down to their office. MOst respectable and popular IDs are busy with their tight schedules.. SO it would be best to give them a buzz b4 coming over..

I have since engaged Melvin from Ideal House. We had an explosive quote from him initially however upon explaining our budget and him doing some magic, we managed on a budget agreeable to both party. =) Taking into consideration that we did not MINUS out much from the initial renowork to be done.. We chose him out of 10 IDs due to his acute sense of technicalities and calculations of space management. Most importantly you need to have a gd relationship and common understanding with ur prospective ID. BTW Melvin did not ask for a single cent until my hacking was almost completed.. NO deposit until the reno has started.

Im already into my second week of reno with hacking and tiling almost completed.. So far so good.. Melvin has been generally responsive and accomodative to our needs and my wife's fussy requirements... I will begin posting pics of my reno journey soon.. =)

Some specification of my reno:

HDB 5 room unit.

Budget: $40,000

Hacking and laying homogeneous tiles for the whole house. Both toilets and kitchen to be redone. Built-in wardrobes for all bed rooms including a walk-in wardrobe for the master. Feature wall and shoe cabinet for the living. Doors and grills changed. Basically a make-over of my entire house.. Etc, etc.. Lazy to type liao =P

PS, im not advertising for my ID. For his contact number, you can search for it online.. Just as I did.. =)

Last but not least, we as customers not only choose our ID.. The ID also choose the customer.. If he can sense a good working relationship, he can do wonders for the quotation.. Of course it must be withing the ID's means..

Cheers!!

A few months ago, I embarked on the journey to engage and ID... I went to a few places and explained the concept of my home to numerous IDs.. Just to share a learning experience.. It would be good to actually source a couple to IDs online or thru recommendations from friends. Make an appointment first before going down to their office. MOst respectable and popular IDs are busy with their tight schedules.. SO it would be best to give them a buzz b4 coming over..

I have since engaged Melvin from Ideal House. We had an explosive quote from him initially however upon explaining our budget and him doing some magic, we managed on a budget agreeable to both party. =) Taking into consideration that we did not MINUS out much from the initial renowork to be done.. We chose him out of 10 IDs due to his acute sense of technicalities and calculations of space management. Most importantly you need to have a gd relationship and common understanding with ur prospective ID. BTW Melvin did not ask for a single cent until my hacking was almost completed.. NO deposit until the reno has started.

Im already into my second week of reno with hacking and tiling almost completed.. So far so good.. Melvin has been generally responsive and accomodative to our needs and my wife's fussy requirements... I will begin posting pics of my reno journey soon.. =)

HDB 5 room unit.

Hacking and laying homogeneous tiles for the whole house. Both toilets and kitchen to be redone. Built-in wardrobes for all bed rooms including a walk-in wardrobe for the master. Feature wall and shoe cabinet for the living. Doors and grills changed. Basically a make-over of my entire house.. Etc, etc.. Lazy to type liao =P

Fuhh... Power bro!!

PS, im not advertising for my ID. For his contact number, you can search for it online.. Just as I did.. =)

Last but not least, we as customers not only choose our ID.. The ID also choose the customer.. If he can sense a good working relationship, he can do wonders for the quotation.. Of course it must be withing the ID's means..

Cheers!!

HDB 5 room unit.

Cheers!!

My house is done by Melvin too. Currently still under reno and and i agreed with you that he is really responsive which is very important.

Overall I had no problem with him. My views are not just looking for those popular ids, also must hv chemistry with the id too.

Can pm me melvin's contact?

Thanks

My house is done by Melvin too. Currently still under reno and and i agreed with you that he is really responsive which is very important.

Overall I had no problem with him. My views are not just looking for those popular ids, also must hv chemistry with the id too.

Hi bros & sis here,

Have been camping in this thread since early this year & would like to share my exp with ideal house.

1) Gotten my keys for my yishun flat since feb 2011 after dangugu.

2) Engage Kevin from ideal house in late Feb after sourcing for abt 8-10 quotes. I would say what id has offered me is not the cheapest but certainly reasonable.

3) Selected my Id based on chemistry which I believe many of us do so cos too many comparisons also cannot decide...lol. Found him a honest guy & able to capture what we want quickly. I personaly think that this is impt as not all ids are gd listener.

4) My flat is currently reno in progress. Things already done up include aircon (100%), wiring (100%), 1st painting (100%), lighting (50%), next wk will be carpentry. Haha.. **** excited to see how my home transform in comparison with the 3D drawings.

Though in amidst of the reno process, some obstacles crop up but my Id is professional enough to discuss with me with his views & solutions & not to take things into his own hands. Great job Kevin up till nw.

Will con't to monitor the progress of my house & post those pics I have taken so far after carpentry is done.

Anyone who is int in getting my id contact, can pm me.

Hi bros & sis here,

Have been camping in this thread since early this year & would like to share my exp with ideal house.

1) Gotten my keys for my yishun flat since feb 2011 after dangugu.

2) Engage Kevin from ideal house in late Feb after sourcing for abt 8-10 quotes. I would say what id has offered me is not the cheapest but certainly reasonable.

3) Selected my Id based on chemistry which I believe many of us do so cos too many comparisons also cannot decide...lol. Found him a honest guy & able to capture what we want quickly. I personaly think that this is impt as not all ids are gd listener.

4) My flat is currently reno in progress. Things already done up include aircon (100%), wiring (100%), 1st painting (100%), lighting (50%), next wk will be carpentry. Haha.. **** excited to see how my home transform in comparison with the 3D drawings.

Though in amidst of the reno process, some obstacles crop up but my Id is professional enough to discuss with me with his views & solutions & not to take things into his own hands. Great job Kevin up till nw.

Will con't to monitor the progress of my house & post those pics I have taken so far after carpentry is done.

Anyone who is int in getting my id contact, can pm me.

I'm also with kevin and our progress is almost the same.. Haha.. Waiting for carpentry now

Apart from what others have mentioned abt him, he is very contactable. He responses to sms and will return missed calls even when he is not in town.

I'm also with kevin and our progress is almost the same.. Haha.. Waiting for carpentry now

Apart from what others have mentioned abt him, he is very contactable. He responses to sms and will return missed calls even when he is not in town.

totally agreed with u bro. Hope we both hv a satisfied exp after the carpentry is up. For those who hv pm me for my blog. I will setup after carpentry is done. Till then :)