Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Guys,

can anyone pm me recommended ideal house id contacts?

deeply appreciate it!

thanks

Mr K seems to be quite famous in this forum.. You can try askin for him but lately he has passed his projects to other IDs coz he's overloaded. I didn't specify any ID or even ask for Mr K coz I'm scared he won't be able to focus on my reno.

I walked in and was served by Sean.. Personally, I'm impressed with his work style. Both fiance and I can click with him well and he's very understanding.. He responds to my enquiries quickly and always assures me. I'm very fussy and fickle minded.. Not many people can tolerate my character... So far, he has done a good job to assure me and when he says he will do it.. he sure does it.. And, best part, he always smiles.. Good service comes with a smile. :thumbs up:

My house is undergoing reno right now and so far, I'm happy with the workmanship.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Today is my handover from Kevin.

Would like to give my review on him as my ID. Note that this is my 2nd time renovating and I must say despite another forummer's comment that Kevin is not very experienced, I am overall satisifed with his service.

Specifically

Tiling - very good workmanship. there was only 1 chipped tile and 2 grout lines unfilled. Toilet had good gradient for flowing to the drainage hole.

Carpentry - good, and they clean up after each day's work. I requested for extra shelving at one box up cabinet, and it was swiftly done the next day!

Painting - ok, i guess its handwork so I wasnt expecting perfectly smooth wall. there was touch ups to be done, which was promptly corrected towards the end of the reno.

Plumbing - ok. my only regret was i was fussy and didnt really like where he put my heater, but then i can live with it. so, if you are anal about where you want to put sinks and mixers and others, just communicate beforehand so they dont make already then need to rectify.

Electrician - ok. but again, i didnt like some of the places where the switches were. but cant say its their fault cos i didnt have time to be there when the installation happened. they just put in the usual places where switches are placed. Having said that, Kevin did learn quickly about my idiosyncracy, and he tried as much as possible to call me before installation. :good:

Windows and grilles - due to some miscomm, my grilles had to be reworked. I was very specific about what I wanted but I guess things happen. Kevin was prompt and responsible to call the contractor to rectify.

Last but not least, PRICE - I obtained 5 quotes in total, and I must say Ideal House is definitely competitive. More important, there was no hidden cost, and I think the deciding point that led to choosing Kevin was the fact he tried to save money for me from our first meeting! And of course in any reno, you only add not deduct, so I wanted to be on the safe side and budget another 10% from the original quote.

Time taken : exactly 8 weeks for a 92sqm total tear and build operation.

My thoughts: communication is very important, and I think what worked was I trusted him (or rather, I was too busy to monitor him! haha) and he also learnt my likes and dislikes along the way. It's almost like a relationship. Except this one need to be fast forward and we only had limited time to complete.

Thanks Kevin for making my reno process enjoyable and painless. Will always remember the "call" you got on the first day of hacking. Scared the s*it out of me!

:yamseng:

Hi Nitrolil,

Can I have Kevin contact? Am looking to reno my house in first qtr of 2011 too... Sourcing for id now. Txs....

Our renovation done by Mr.K. We were so glad to engage him as our ID. Very prompt, and reliable ID! We truly satisfied with his work and services, well done to him! :) No regret!

Welcome to view the reno progress by Mr.K and the final outcome by him :)

http://calmicsanctuaryhome.blogspot.com

Hi penguin123,

Can you pm me Mr K contacts? txs txs...

Hi penguin123,

Can you pm me Mr K contacts? txs txs...

after IDs quote us the number of lighting we using, can we tall them we buy ourself so that it will be cheaper?

after IDs quote us the number of lighting we using, can we tall them we buy ourself so that it will be cheaper?

[/quoti

i believe they only quote u the lighting points rite? u can buy lights urself or ask them for recommendation...

how much does 1 lighting point normally costs? Lighting point refer to the small hole on the ceiling/LBox for us to plug in the lightBlub right?

About $40?

Think is between $35 to $40.

Hi hi

so anyone engage Esther b4? I got my quote from her recently but having some thoughts abt engaging a female ID. Any comments abt her?

Hi Newly.Wed2011,

suggest you to seriously consider twice. Very good luck to you!

Hi hi

so anyone engage Esther b4? I got my quote from her recently but having some thoughts abt engaging a female ID. Any comments abt her?

Hi Newly.Wed2011,

Yes, I've used Esther before and she's good. She was recommended to me from a friend whose flat has been done by her too. We are both very satisfied with her work and ideas. To be frank, I've moved house 3 times and renovoated 3 times and this time, I had the most hassle-free renov experience.

As for comments about her? Well, we particularly appreciated her design ideas and her frankness about what can/cannot be done (ie, she doesn't over-promise and under-deliver). Cannot do, she tells you straight in the face cannot do. Some people might find it offensive but we prefer an honest chap lor. As for workmanship, well, we were generally happy that the renov was completed on time and were particularly satisfied with the tiling work, carpentry works and ceiling works.

I just recieved qoutation from Ideal House to my suprise they charge me GST. I ve went to other ID..theres no GST. Is it normal for Ideal House to charge u gst? Can anyone englighten me?

Hi All,

I have been a silence member in this forum, read through a few thread about reno and ID firms. It seems like IdealHouse, Mr K is quite famous. :D For IdealHouse client, may I know how did you get a quotation from them initially. I haven't got the key to my new flat, it will be around 2-3rd quarter of 2011. Do you think I can just send them my floor plan and ask them to design it for me? :unsure: Please advice...

Hi Newly.Wed2011,

Yes, I've used Esther before and she's good. She was recommended to me from a friend whose flat has been done by her too. We are both very satisfied with her work and ideas. To be frank, I've moved house 3 times and renovoated 3 times and this time, I had the most hassle-free renov experience.

As for comments about her? Well, we particularly appreciated her design ideas and her frankness about what can/cannot be done (ie, she doesn't over-promise and under-deliver). Cannot do, she tells you straight in the face cannot do. Some people might find it offensive but we prefer an honest chap lor. As for workmanship, well, we were generally happy that the renov was completed on time and were particularly satisfied with the tiling work, carpentry works and ceiling works.