Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Skiverqueen

Any pics of ur renovated hse to share??

From all the posts, it seems lik Esther is quite new as none of the posts talks abt her..seems like Kenneth is a better bet..how long does ur renovation takes?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You can enquire via their website http://www.idealhouse.com.sg/

Yes u can send them your floor plan for discussion. it will be a draft design thou

Hi All,

I have been a silence member in this forum, read through a few thread about reno and ID firms. It seems like IdealHouse, Mr K is quite famous. :D For IdealHouse client, may I know how did you get a quotation from them initially. I haven't got the key to my new flat, it will be around 2-3rd quarter of 2011. Do you think I can just send them my floor plan and ask them to design it for me? :unsure: Please advice...

My second property will be ready in Aug this year. My first property was done by Patrick from Ho Bee, I am very pleased with Patrick and was quite bent on getting him to do our second house. But Patrick is too busy to pick up my calls and the calls are always transfered to his wife, which I do not have good experience dealing with. Knowing that Mrs Quek will be the one liasing with me and not Patrick, I am contemplating to give ideal house a chance. Hopefully Ideal house live up to our expectations. Maybe after comparing both, I can give a verdict of who is better, and then the winner will be the one doing our third property in 3 years time:) Would it be too early to engage them with our floorplan since our unit will only TOP in aug?

Edited by rachelcheng

Hi Newly.Wed2011,

Yes, I've used Esther before and she's good. She was recommended to me from a friend whose flat has been done by her too. We are both very satisfied with her work and ideas. To be frank, I've moved house 3 times and renovoated 3 times and this time, I had the most hassle-free renov experience.

As for comments about her? Well, we particularly appreciated her design ideas and her frankness about what can/cannot be done (ie, she doesn't over-promise and under-deliver). Cannot do, she tells you straight in the face cannot do. Some people might find it offensive but we prefer an honest chap lor. As for workmanship, well, we were generally happy that the renov was completed on time and were particularly satisfied with the tiling work, carpentry works and ceiling works.

HI All,

Can please pm me Esther contact number? She is still working for Ideal House right?

Really appreciate for the help

yes mine with 7% GST

Yeah, just received quote from them... Add up the GST around $2.3k plus which is kindof ex... Can do alot of stuff with this amount of $$ =(

Does all renovations ID firms have GST ? or just only the bigger firms will be affected..?

Yeah, just received quote from them... Add up the GST around $2.3k plus which is kindof ex... Can do alot of stuff with this amount of $$ =(

Does all renovations ID firms have GST ? or just only the bigger firms will be affected..?

not all ID has gst, the smaller ones usually dun charge gst. Ideal house only started to charge gst from dec last year.

There are some "id" out there where the bigger company splinter out into smaller firm so they dun have to charge gst to get around the system... kinda like sister/parent company type. :)

ideal house is not as good as it seems leh...

i oso referred to dis forum wen i just got my house n picked ideal house as my ID. but if i had a chance to renovate agian i would definitely cross out ideal house. oni the service at the moment of renovation is good lehs. but my hse oni after living for 2 yrs, things going haywire n falling apart. =.=