Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I juz signed with danny. He is friendly n approachable. So far i m very satisfied with the service he provides. Very prompt in replying. Now waiting for the 3D. Hope he will design until sui sui :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, can someone advise on whether this is accpeptable ? should i get the contractor to re run the piping. This is the hot and cold water piping running from the storage heater to the toilet.

There was a bend on the pipe before connecting into the toilet.

091.jpg

is the 2 switch in line ?

093.jpg

Edited by luckyanli

hi, can someone advise on whether this is accpeptable ? should i get the contractor to re run the piping. This is the hot and cold water piping running from the storage heater to the toilet.

There was a bend on the pipe before connecting into the toilet.

091.jpg

is the 2 switch in line ?

093.jpg

ask them to make good. :horse:

thanks newbie,

have spoken to my id, will get his worker to rectify it. But what i dun understand is there are another area with bend pipes to....can't the contractor plan ahead in running the pipings....

It is just poor planning and estimation which i cannot tolerate.

Renovation is just tedious.

thanks newbie,

have spoken to my id, will get his worker to rectify it. But what i dun understand is there are another area with bend pipes to....can't the contractor plan ahead in running the pipings....

It is just poor planning and estimation which i cannot tolerate.

Renovation is just tedious.

what i see is they could've cored the pipehole too high/low, or try to reuse existing hole, and mounted the pipes w/o due consideration, and out of convenience/laziness, they slightly bend the pipe a bit so can gum gum fit the hole. that's my guess.

that's why i believe in making my statement upfront to the contractor/ID before signing contract, i rather act 小人rather than 君子first, make sure the contractor/ID digests/understands my requirements/to-do/standards. anything goes wrong due to his mistake i will hound him....

Edited by neubie

ask them to make good. :horse:

i think the switch alignment can be easily fixed. As for the pipes, I think cannot expect 100% straight. For me as long as no leakage, water pressure good, that is more important. :P

if you think quality is no good, then keep a close eye during the reno lor..

no good, straight away tell Mr K..

newbie here. can any kind soul PM me Kenneth's contact? I've emailed to the company but no reply :(

i think the switch alignment can be easily fixed. As for the pipes, I think cannot expect 100% straight. For me as long as no leakage, water pressure good, that is more important. :P

Hi Newbie, Nitrolil,

My ID have got the contractor to change it yestereday..hippi. :D hi five to Kevin. :good:

I was recommend to K by my friend who did her place 2yrs ago. I went to the showroom, he was not around (right, i did not make any appointment with him). Left my floor plan with him to call me back. 2days later another lady name Plenfel called me. Said K was overload and passed my case to her. thoughout the whole conversation, I dun find her experience though...

Anyways, i dun find them really cheap... (after she emailed me the quote.) I signed up with with another id firm instead on the spot after being presented to us, prices almost same i will say...

called up kenneth today and he rejected me as he is too overloaded with projects. sigh..

another id name : plenfel yap approached me.

haulage and debris quote me :600 :jawdrop:

learnt from other thread stating only cost $215 from hdb.

any comments on this ID?

Hi all,

Going to start my reno soon, any kind souls can forward me your quotation as a reference? Mine is a premium flat. Have been reading this forum for quite some time and just realised that photos can be viewed only when I logged in, s***, if I have realised it earlier, just signed up to a new account and can now view all the nice pics and post my messages.

Thanks.

Hi

Today is my handover from Kevin.

Would like to give my review on him as my ID. Note that this is my 2nd time renovating and I must say despite another forummer's comment that Kevin is not very experienced, I am overall satisifed with his service.

Specifically

Tiling - very good workmanship. there was only 1 chipped tile and 2 grout lines unfilled. Toilet had good gradient for flowing to the drainage hole.

Carpentry - good, and they clean up after each day's work. I requested for extra shelving at one box up cabinet, and it was swiftly done the next day!

Painting - ok, i guess its handwork so I wasnt expecting perfectly smooth wall. there was touch ups to be done, which was promptly corrected towards the end of the reno.

Plumbing - ok. my only regret was i was fussy and didnt really like where he put my heater, but then i can live with it. so, if you are anal about where you want to put sinks and mixers and others, just communicate beforehand so they dont make already then need to rectify.

Electrician - ok. but again, i didnt like some of the places where the switches were. but cant say its their fault cos i didnt have time to be there when the installation happened. they just put in the usual places where switches are placed. Having said that, Kevin did learn quickly about my idiosyncracy, and he tried as much as possible to call me before installation. :good:

Windows and grilles - due to some miscomm, my grilles had to be reworked. I was very specific about what I wanted but I guess things happen. Kevin was prompt and responsible to call the contractor to rectify.

Last but not least, PRICE - I obtained 5 quotes in total, and I must say Ideal House is definitely competitive. More important, there was no hidden cost, and I think the deciding point that led to choosing Kevin was the fact he tried to save money for me from our first meeting! And of course in any reno, you only add not deduct, so I wanted to be on the safe side and budget another 10% from the original quote.

Time taken : exactly 8 weeks for a 92sqm total tear and build operation.

My thoughts: communication is very important, and I think what worked was I trusted him (or rather, I was too busy to monitor him! haha) and he also learnt my likes and dislikes along the way. It's almost like a relationship. Except this one need to be fast forward and we only had limited time to complete.

Thanks Kevin for making my reno process enjoyable and painless. Will always remember the "call" you got on the first day of hacking. Scared the s*it out of me!

:yamseng:

Edited by nitrolil

Hi

Would like to give my review on him as my ID. Note that this is my 2nd time renovating and I must say despite another forummer's comment that Kevin is not very experienced, I am overall satisifed with his service.

Specifically

Tiling - very good workmanship. there was only 1 chipped tile and 2 grout lines unfilled. Toilet had good gradient for flowing to the drainage hole.

Carpentry - good, and they clean up after each day's work. I requested for extra shelving at one box up cabinet, and it was swiftly done the next day!

Painting - ok, i guess its handwork so I wasnt expecting perfectly smooth wall. there was touch ups to be done, which was promptly corrected towards the end of the reno.

Plumbing - ok. my only regret was i was fussy and didnt really like where he put my heater, but then i can live with it. so, if you are anal about where you want to put sinks and mixers and others, just communicate beforehand so they dont make already then need to rectify.

Electrician - ok. but again, i didnt like some of the places where the switches were. but cant say its their fault cos i didnt have time to be there when the installation happened. they just put in the usual places where switches are placed. Having said that, Kevin did learn quickly about my idiosyncracy, and he tried as much as possible to call me before installation. :good:

Windows and grilles - due to some miscomm, my grilles had to be reworked. I was very specific about what I wanted but I guess things happen. Kevin was prompt and responsible to call the contractor to rectify.

Last but not least, PRICE - I obtained 5 quotes in total, and I must say Ideal House is definitely competitive. More important, there was no hidden cost, and I think the deciding point that led to choosing Kevin was the fact he tried to save money for me from our first meeting! And of course in any reno, you only add not deduct, so I wanted to be on the safe side and budget another 10% from the original quote.

My thoughts: communication is very important, and I think what worked was I trusted him (or rather, I was too busy to monitor him! haha) and he also learnt my likes and dislikes along the way. It's almost like a relationship. Except this one need to be fast forward and we only had limited time to complete.

Thanks Kevin for making my reno process enjoyable and painless. Will always remember the "call" you got on the first day of hacking. Scared the s*it out of me!

arrgh...so it's your house that Kevin was trying to handover and neglected me....

Just kidding only :P he has explained to me that he needs to concentrate on the handover first.

Happy for you that the reno is completed and up to your satisfaction. :yamseng:

arrgh...so it's your house that Kevin was trying to handover and neglected me....

Just kidding only :P he has explained to me that he needs to concentrate on the handover first.

Happy for you that the reno is completed and up to your satisfaction. :yamseng:

hi laiwh

no leh, it is not my house he needed to focus on lah... i basically let it autopilot... it's luckyanli's! hehe...

Hi

Specifically

hey congrats on the handover.. mine should be in a couple of weeks left. haha..