Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

was told that the optical fibre cables are so tiny (merely thin strands of glass) tat it cant be bend 90 degree...it can be challenging even with the prepared conduit??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
was told that the optical fibre cables are so tiny (merely thin strands of glass) tat it cant be bend 90 degree...it can be challenging even with the prepared conduit??

thats what i was wondering too... its not so easy like tying one end of the optical fibre to the tail of a mouse and smacking it's backside to make it run thru the conduit... especially if the conduit have many turns and corners... :P

Dear All,

I am awaiting my 4-rm BTO house in Fernvale, looking at the progress, i estimate that it would be ready around 2 yrs time.

I was surfing on this forum, and realised that Ideal House does has a lot of reviews and comments on the threads here..

Therefore i wish to know the following on the package in the website stated: http://idealhouse.com.sg/promotion_premium.html

1) 4 room at $8988 sgd? With or without gst?

2) Does the FOC includes the kitchen cabinet and sys 3 air-con too?

3) Any other hidden cost that was not displayed / any forumers here kind to give more advise ?

4) I assumed that if i were to add in other miscellenous cost like additonal wardrode for 1 bed-room, kitchen hob/hood, instant heater, "probably top-up on a solid kitchen top", toilet accessories, lightings, glass sliding door in 2 toilet, laminated flooring in 2 bedrooms, kitchen sinks, toilet accessories, most i would only spend about 15k for the entire renovation?

I have already opt for the wall and flooring done by HDB. Can anyone here advise if my budget of 15k is enough to include all these that i spoke? Or if i have left out some other major things that should also be included?

Thanks guys!

thats what i was wondering too... its not so easy like tying one end of the optical fibre to the tail of a mouse and smacking it's backside to make it run thru the conduit... especially if the conduit have many turns and corners... :P

its not easy? but to have the conduit prepared is better to have non. Agree?

DSCF5091.jpg

DSCF5090.jpg

Edited by budgetice

Hi kenllh..

I did talk to 1 of Ideal House's ID. According to this particular ID:

1) They don't charge GST

2) You choose EITHER air con OR kitchen cabinet. If I'm not wrong, they are about the same price: $110 psf for cabinet, ~$2k for system 3 Mitsubishi (I assume non-inverter?)

3) They don't include things like shower kerb, cabinet/fridge/washing machine base, etc. in the package. If these are what u call as hidden costs, then those are what I can think of for now. Hob/hood & sink installation seem to be FOC.

4) Can't help much on this, it all depends on you & your house. You can buy hob/hood package as low as $500 sth, their solid kitchen top is at $80/ft (bellus), electrical costs will be more exp if u do re-wiring, etc.

Their package is flexible. You can take out thing(s) that you don't want and ask them to replace it with something u need.

Dear All,

I am awaiting my 4-rm BTO house in Fernvale, looking at the progress, i estimate that it would be ready around 2 yrs time.

I was surfing on this forum, and realised that Ideal House does has a lot of reviews and comments on the threads here..

Therefore i wish to know the following on the package in the website stated: http://idealhouse.com.sg/promotion_premium.html

3) Any other hidden cost that was not displayed / any forumers here kind to give more advise ?

4) I assumed that if i were to add in other miscellenous cost like additonal wardrode for 1 bed-room, kitchen hob/hood, instant heater, "probably top-up on a solid kitchen top", toilet accessories, lightings, glass sliding door in 2 toilet, laminated flooring in 2 bedrooms, kitchen sinks, toilet accessories, most i would only spend about 15k for the entire renovation?

I have already opt for the wall and flooring done by HDB. Can anyone here advise if my budget of 15k is enough to include all these that i spoke? Or if i have left out some other major things that should also be included?

Thanks guys!

hi all, I am very new to this forum, after much reseach and viewing of this forum, i finally signed up with Kevin of ideal house. Personally i feel he is quite a honest guy. Me and my hubby are deciding on whether to choose him and the other design house initially. It took us about one to two months before we finalise. Hope this is a good choice. I will be posting blog on the progress of the renovation, should be early next month October...stay tuned. :P

hi all, I am very new to this forum, after much research and viewing of this forum, i finally signed up with Kevin of ideal house. Personally i feel he is quite a honest guy. Me and my hubby are deciding on whether to choose him and the other design house initially. It took us about one to two months before we finalised. Hope this is a good choice. I will be posting blog on the progress of the renovation, should be early next month October...stay tuned. :P

Hi, welcome to renotalk as well as welcome to ideal house and welcome to the Kevin club... :dancingqueen:

You did make a good choice....

Overall, I am satisfied with his service thou...

Can't wait to see your updates! :yamseng:

hi all, I am very new to this forum, after much reseach and viewing of this forum, i finally signed up with Kevin of ideal house. Personally i feel he is quite a honest guy. Me and my hubby are deciding on whether to choose him and the other design house initially. It took us about one to two months before we finalise. Hope this is a good choice. I will be posting blog on the progress of the renovation, should be early next month October...stay tuned. :P

[/quot

Hi, a wonderful day to you! Had been sitting in front of the desktop for almost a whole afternoon! So decided to ennd my day with the forum instead... Am wondering if you are able to PM me your ID's contact no? I am in the midst of searching for a potiential ID to renovate my resale flat (5rm) at Woodland district but am in suspense on the procedures, pricing rate, concepts, etc? So, could you provide any relevant information for me? Thanks!

Dean

Will be sharing experience i have with the highly raved MR KENNETH here in due course

Well, Kenneth, if you are reading this, good luck to you as i will be the first one to hammer your so-called reputation (you say your company does not read reviews from forum which is unbelievable, if its true, so be it, at least i am here to share with the rest)

stay tune

This is definitely not true.. they do read forum.. :D

Edited by budgetice

Dear All,

Thanks guys!

2) you can only choose one of the item, not both, else the company will chup lup in no time.

3) the workscope mentioned there is only general works to be done, so u still need them to survey ur unit to minimize hidden costs

4) the items are additional and hence chargeable

the quality of flooring and wall provided by HDB lose out to contractors/IDs... they are basically hit-and-run subcontractors... so when u complain to them about defects, it will be a long time wait... if can opt out and get some rebates from hdb

Edited by neubie

hi neubi & chiyank,

tnks for your answers! appreciate your replies...

i have done a little browsing tru and so far i tink ideal house give gd reviews/comments and their reno price is really very reasonable...

hi chiyank,

for item 4) the package here >> http://idealhouse.com.sg/promotion_premium.html does include cabinet/fridge/washing machine base right? Also the package states for bedrooms : will be 6ftL casement wardrobe in laminate finish. It means all bedroomsright?

can anyone roughly tell me an estimated avg figure for the following works to be done if i choose the package as per above plus the following as per below:

1) Laminated flooring for one bedroom x 2 ( about 700 per bedroom? )

2) Air-con system 3 -about 2k plus installation?

3) Typical 4 room flat with labour and wiring of existing lighting point including a rough cost of all the lightings? Maybe around 1k?

4) Hob n Hoob - about 500?

5) kitchen sink on the kitchen cabinet.

6) Tempered glass shower screen for one toilet x 2?

7) Does a standatd BTO flat include toilet basin & sink in the master bedroom toilet? if not how much does it cost to install one on avg?

8) Price of avg cost of 2 instant heater for two toilet

I tink all these should be just nice ( bare minimum ) for my family just based on reno only.. anyone here care to advise if i have missed out any other import things that should also be included?

Thanks & Best Rgds

1) Laminated flooring for one bedroom x 2 ( about 700 per bedroom? )

Yeah, about $700

2) Air-con system 3 -about 2k plus installation?

depending on brand, 2k should be mitsubishi , u can try LG , should be cheaper

3) Typical 4 room flat with labour and wiring of existing lighting point including a rough cost of all the lightings? Maybe around 1k?

lights should cost about 1k depending on how many downlights, covelights etc..

4) Hob n Hoob - about 500?

if u looking at slim hood..

5) kitchen sink on the kitchen cabinet.

$200 should be enough

6) Tempered glass shower screen for one toilet x 2?

$500

7) Does a standatd BTO flat include toilet basin & sink in the master bedroom toilet? if not how much does it cost to install one on avg?

Should have , if not $200-300 can get better looking ones

8) Price of avg cost of 2 instant heater for two toilet

$300

Thanks Budgetice!

That would bring my reno cost to only about 15K plus! :D

For item 6) Tempered glass shower screen for one toilet x 2? 500 each?

I was thinking for a cheaper alternative? Maybe cheaper materials to bring the cost down if any?

Thanks..