Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hmm. this Ideal House ID seems not reliable to me leh.

Last week I came over to their office with prior appointment.

Met by one guy who came late and served us in rush.

And after one week, still no news about the quotation.

I sms-ed, he also never reply.

Like that how can I give business to them?

never send quote = not reliable? then u better move on. good luck

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

after some meetings with some ID firms

I have shortlisted Kevin from Ideal as one of the last 2 to chose from.

Personally I find him practical, sincere and with some good ideas. His pricing is lower than the other ID which we shortlisted.

Though his quotation is lower, it doesnt seem as detailed as the other ID firm.

Can i just ask u guys, those who have engage IDs from Ideal, is there a lot of hidden cost?

If there is, what are some of this hidden cost?

really appreciate advice on this

cheers

My ID also Kevin... just sms him , he willr edo the quotation for you.

So far no hidden cost. Any additional cost, he will inform you before he proceed with his work.

My ID also Kevin... just sms him , he willr edo the quotation for you.

So far no hidden cost. Any additional cost, he will inform you before he proceed with his work.

thanks budgetice for your ever prompt updates and replies

sorry to trouble u guys one more time

Does Kevin also accompany u guys in the selection of lights/ toilet stuff and kitchen stuff, and give suggestions as a part of his service? if so, does he charge for giving these advice and accompanying u down?

Can anyone PM me Kelvin or Kenneth's no?

Thanks in advance.

hi there...have you gotten your flat? ;)

Finally, I had moved to my new home fully since mid July I think...

By then, not much things are in...

Until now..

Still pending to buy a few more stuffs...

check out my updates in my blog below... :D

hi

i'm new to renotalk but have been reading up for recommendations for the past week. could someone pls. pm me kenneth's number...TIA :)

Hi,

My ID from Ideal House is Danny Lim, very professional and patient.

Veri satisfy with his works ja! :D

Thank you Danny!

People, please think twice before engaging Kevin.

1) Our house was delayed for more than a month. He told us at least 3-4 times that his staff is there doing touched up but

not much work was done. He still wanted to hand over the house to us. We told him we are not going to make the

final payment because the touch up was not done. Thats when he got Kenneth to visit our house. During the visit, we hear from Mr K himself that the house is not touched up yet.

2) Opennet installation. We informed and even emailed kevin to prepare the conduit for opennet net and informed him it should be connect near Tv point.

When the electrical work is done, he told us Ideal House has NO EXPERIENCE in Opennet, even Mr K has no experience and assure us he will help us during the installation. Hence we relented

since everything is already up.

Today was installation day, and because there is no conduit, the opennet cannot be installed to the Tv. He has the cheek to say he told us before he is ''not sure'' how to Opennet runs the cable

and he is helpless even if we contact him for 10-20 years. He must have forgotten about the instructions we sent him from Opennet and also us telling him to install next to the TV point

3) some of the paint and ceiling work at kitchen wall has already cracked 2 screws ( i believe it was wrongly screwed because its not holding on to anything) was exposed.

He told my wife that they did not touch up that place . Good thing we have before and after picture to show.

4) Painting work rectify a few time still got uneven patches.

If u still want to engage him, ensure he write all your request and places to touch up down.

Edited by budgetice

Engaged Kevin. Reasonable quote. Prompt replies and follow-ups. Inexperience but dedicated. Accomodating.

Good quality of work. Timely delivery. Overall, satisfied with his work. Will not hesistate to engage him again.

Recommended him to 3-4 people and they feel the same way too.

PM me to find out more on my experience. Thanks.

People, please think twice before engaging Kevin.

1) Our house was delayed for more than a month. He told us at least 3-4 times that his staff is there doing touched up but

not much work was done. He still wanted to hand over the house to us. We told him we are not going to make the

final payment because the touch up was not done. Thats when he got Kenneth to visit our house. During the visit, we hear from Mr K himself that the house is not touched up yet.

2) Opennet installation. We informed and even emailed kevin to prepare the conduit for opennet net and informed him it should be connect near Tv point.

When the electrical work is done, he told us Ideal House has NO EXPERIENCE in Opennet, even Mr K has no experience and assure us he will help us during the installation. Hence we relented

since everything is already up.

Today was installation day, and because there is no conduit, the opennet cannot be installed to the Tv. He has the cheek to say he told us before he is ''not sure'' how to Opennet runs the cable

and he is helpless even if we contact him for 10-20 years. He must have forgotten about the instructions we sent him from Opennet and also us telling him to install next to the TV point

3) some of the paint and ceiling work at kitchen wall has already cracked 2 screws ( i believe it was wrongly screwed because its not holding on to anything) was exposed.

He told my wife that they did not touch up that place . Good thing we have before and after picture to show.

4) Painting work rectify a few time still got uneven patches.

If u still want to engage him, ensure he write all your request and places to touch up down.

Hi Budgetice,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience for your reno. I am adah's hubby and although we engage the same ID, our experience is world's apart.

Our journey is quite pleasant and things turn out great for us. Things done quite swee-swee and although got little hiccups here and there, overall still good and all hiccups fixed.

Nonetheless, I can agreed with you on one thing and I think this advise apply to all in general >>"... write all your request and places to touch up down." We also itemized all the requests and places to touch up to the extend we pasted post-it on the places to touch-up. This is because, the first time, we just told him verbally but he missed out a few items and need to came back another day. We have shifted in for about a month now and during this period, his contractors have come by to do touch-up on several occasions. Although he missed a few items at first, he followed through and completed ALL the items.

All the best & congratulation to you and your missus on your upcoming wedding and new house.

-mhurizan

Thanks.. u are Adah's husband?

Before we decided on Ideal House electrician, we have already informed Kevin and also send him the intruction for Opennet.

He did not tell us they dont know how to do. In fact we have told him the point should be next to the tv point and to prepare the conduit.

He told us that they do not know how to install opennet. If i remember correctly, after all the wires had been laid.

I relented because of his promise to help us during the installation. Seems like its no help at all because we cant have opennet at our TV.

If you ask me, I dont think its because they dont know how to install. How difficult is it to prepare a conduit? Anyone has any experience?

Then he put the blame on the size of the opennet box. I am sure if he can call to check the dimension instead of saying things like no space in the console etc when the design could have been changed to facilitate the opennet since the carpentary is not due at that stage.

All kind of excuses.