Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmm anyone used R*** before? He seemed like a really nice sincere guy. He tried to fit our budget although it still went out of whack a little (but ok if final product is all quality stuff) but after signing him, we find his attention span with us lessen. He seem to be always busy, distracted and gives very late notice. Of course, we are now in process and I havent seen the workmanship. I am keeping fingers cross on that.

maybe we are more demanding I dont know....

BUT... I am not giving my final verdict yet. Let wait for the house to be done before I give my final judgement.

it might all turn out well...

Yo, can't help but to post, because EXACTLY the same sentiment here, word for word. I am also not giving final verdict yet. If he is really good from now till ending, I will do a write up to recommend him.

Hi all, just to share my terrible experience with ideal house and to rant it out a little. After reading thru the threads, I called Ideal to look for Mr K. Peter Tan answered and told me that Mr K is not around.I checked out Peter in this forum and read that he is not bad even tho he is not in the top list like steven and Mr k. In the end I decided to meetup with him. He asked me to go down to his office to meet him.

Hubby and I drove all the way to serangoon. Upon meeting him, I showed him our floor plan. We wanted to do up our newly toped penthouse unit. We can feel his disappointment when he knew that ours is a new project as he commented that for new projects most of the things are already done up. We just need to do some carpentry. When we are discussing, he looked totally UNINTERESTED. Both me and hubby felt awkward. He asked if we wanted to do the store racks and wood decking for our roof and balcony, we told him we have direct contacts for these already. He looked pissed, but admitted that going direct is definitely cheaper. To us, these are things that not worth asking an ID to take over.

All we wanted to do is capentry, whole house false ceilings and repainting, We wanted alot of carpentry to be done. We even have our ideas ready, he don't even need to crack his head for ideas. All we want is a quotation and maybe some advise if our ideas are ok. Before he even proceeded, he asked us for our budget for a particular room, the study room. Both of us were stunned. Honestly speaking, since we bought an expensive penthouse, we wanted the everything the best and DO NOT want to compromise quality with cost. On the other hand, we do not want to be chop carrots. We didn't answer his question immediately becos budget is not a concern for us at all and as layman, we obviously do not have the technical-know-how to state our budget for a particular room. Reno cost is never a concern as we have ready cash from sale of another property at a huge profit.

While we were still pondering how to answer Peter's question on budget for our study room, Peter stood up and said he would ask someone else to handle the reno for us instead and he walked out of the firm leaving us behind feeling so awkward. 3 mins later, he returned and said no one was around to help me. He gave me sean and steven's namecard and asked us to go to them. I requested for Mr K, he said that Mr k is like him, very busy and not cheap, he said the other ids are cheaper and suggested that we go to them. We felt so insulted. They are all under the same company, shouldn't pricing policy be equal? We were quite nice thru out despite his hostility. He went on to elaborate that in Ideal House, different designers had different working styles. Ermm...what did he mean by that? I supposed he meant that some designers are not as "famous", will take up any client and will fight for lower pricings for them; on the other hand, some designers think they are "big shots", only work for high-rolling clients, and will chop them like carrots. It seems to me that Peter belongs to the latter category.

He also added that he was very busy with many other clients and had to rush some work. Well, in that case, why did he arrange to meet us in the first place? He made us went all the way to his office, to speak to him for less than 10 mins, and then he started to "brush us away". As customers, our time is definitely more precious than his. May I sarcastically suggest that he should have asked customers for their reno budget over the phone before deciding whether to meet them, instead of wasting customers' time?

We felt that we were being "shoved out" of the firm. We were so pissed. How can a service industry do this to their customers? I went down to intradsign to meet Irene after that, she is more sincere and they have a proper pricing system. I do not want to be carrots to those unethical id firms like ideal design.

Edited by rachelcheng

I have just sent an email attention to the boss of Ideal house. I am not sure if the boss will get to see it at all, but nevertheless, I just wish to share my experience with all of you so that your time will not be wasted like mine.

I have just sent an email attention to the boss of Ideal house. I am not sure if the boss will get to see it at all, but nevertheless, I just wish to share my experience with all of you so that your time will not be wasted like mine.

Hi Rachel,

I'm curious, what's the outcome?

He gave me sean and steven's namecard and asked us to go to them.

Strange, I engaged Steven for my new home renovation, and I definitely do not find him "cheap" monetarily. :S

Hi Rachel,

I'm curious, what's the outcome?

The last and one and only Reply from ideal house admin. After that no sound no picture.

Dear Rachel,

My sincere apologies on your bad experiences, we will have our

own internal invistigation regards to the u/m matters,

meanwhile, u may want to consider contacting kenneth directly

at 8522 7653.

Best regards

I-deal house Pte Ltd

Edited by rachelcheng

Strange, I engaged Steven for my new home renovation, and I definitely do not find him "cheap" monetarily. :S

Then perhaps Peter is even more ex! Now that u know his attitude, be prepared to let him chop.

Then perhaps Peter is even more ex! Now that u know his attitude, be prepared to let him chop.

I was asking for quote from Ideal House and Peter contacted me.

Let me see how to quote is

Mine is new 4rm standard flat at cck ave 5

You read too much, good luck means good luck and hope he has learnt his lesson and be nice after my complaint.

lol, he send me quote 3 days ago, then i send him additional requirements now awaiting his feedback to visit my house.

I just send Idea house email. Floor map and photo of our bird nest. Now waiting them to reply. My wife sister house few block away from us. If quote good. 4rm n 5rm let them do. :good: