Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
annpaul

Re-tiling So Cannot Keep Doors? Pls Help! Urgent...

Hiys...3rd day into our reno and something not so happy happened liaoz! really surprising coz really have very good impression of the firm and our ID up to now leh...

before we started work, we were going thru the quotations. at first we wanted to change both toilets' doors. but we're on a shoestring so trying to save as much as possible. this, our ID knows very well. then when he came to our house to see see, he agreed with us that the bathroom doors are still pretty new and in good condition so dont need to change. that's why we took them out from the quotations.

after the first day of demolision work, we popped by to see see. everything was done so swiftly we were impressed. but my fiance noticed he couldnt see the bathroom doors. thot the workers took it down and placed somewhere. we didnt bother searching on monday. yesterday he went again and still couldnt find the doors. today he asked our ID and he said there was a misunderstanding. he couldnt have adviced us to keep it coz we're hacking the whole bathroom. cant keep the doors.

this cant be right loh! both of us heard and understood him clearly that we can keep the doors thats why we took out the quote. how could he let us remove the quote knowing we cannot keep the doors?! who in the right mind will have toilets without doors??? we find it quite ridiculous man! now we have to spend another few hundreds to get new doors! super unfair man!

is it true that the doors cant be used anymore if they're re-tiling the toilets??

if its not true, then its very obvious he forgot our agreement and then said we misunderstood him loh. but cant be misunderstanding wat! unless hes not professional at all if he knowingly lets his clients go without toilet doors!:P geess....

anyone re-tile toilets but kept existing doors before? advise needed...thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

DSC02406.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

Here's the photos of my toilet doors....still look very good right!:P arghhh so angry with our ID now. Can anyone advise what material is this door? I'm not good with this. is it aluminium or acrylic?

our ID said only can give us one aluminium door for the common bathroom but not the MBR. piangs!:P not our fault how can we have to pay for what we didnt incur?!??! its his mistake loh! should compensate both doors to be as good as the ones we have right?

should we be fighting for this? i don wan r/s to sour also leh...or just accept and pay for the MBR's door! hiyz...upset upset...

can anyone please advise the material of the doors we HAD...thanks!

Edited by annpaul

annpaul, cannot see the pix leh. Hmm..i think u shld be firm and demand compensation back from ur ID as u have communicate with him before rite? Is ur ID...at eunos area one? Quite "hot" here too?

Oh..can see liao..wah..so good quality ah..hmm ask ur ID dun throw lah..give to me lah..i can use for my common and MBR leh..Why have to give u aluminium door? It is their mistake and they shld rectify it!

I'm doing re-tiling for my two toilets.. And is still using the old doors.. the only difference is that, before re-tiling, the door's track is on the groud. Now, after re-tiling, the floor "higher" so the track seem "in" the ground

hey guys...thanks for commenting...

we've just went to our house to see see...and spoken to our ID again. we believed he had sincerely overlooked the matter lah. we still think he had told us the wrong thing in the beginning but its all settled now. hes still gonna give us the common bathroom door only. but we're ok liaoz lah...

the doors had been taken down and thrown away. so cant take back. even if take back also cannot use so different thickness of tiles. cant sew the door either. so no matter wat, have to replace doors lah. so by right we should have paid for the doors in the beginning also. but coz of his blunder, now we get a door free...so not that bad afterall. hees

yap our reno firm is the one in Eunos...must say that we still trust and like our ID a lot. hes really a nice chap! despite a small hiccup (and i think i reacted too fast...), we still enjoyed working with him and having him as our ID. he offered a lot beyond our expectations really.

thumbs up!:jawdrop: =)

Just some user info...

When a place is doing reno involving hacking of floor screed, the contractor will mark a common reference level for the whole house, and then determine at multiple points ard the house where the screed level shd be. This will ensure a level floor, or put in place a desired slope.

Imagine.. if u tell the contractor.. to use existing doors bottom as the reference level, and there are many doors, then.. do not expect the floor to be level.

Door bottoms are never meant to be reference points, and is industry practice to modify door bottom to fit the floor, not the other way ard. I assume we all want as small as possible gap between door and floor, and also for all doors, similar gap height.

Is there a difference between re-tiling and overlaying? I'm doing overlaying laminated for the bedrooms and thus include 1 item of altering existing bedroom doors due to overlay.