Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wayne

Cost Of Parquet Flooring

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Wayne,

I just did parquet flooring for my whole house. Three bedrooms and living/dining.

The breakdown:

Teak Parquet

12mm x 2" x 12"

835sft @ $2.30

= $1920

Teak skirting

11mm x 70mm

185 pfr @ $1.20

= $222

Wood glue @ 20kg

6 ctn @ $39.50

= $237.00

GST = $118.98

Installation:

To lay, grind & varnish

835 sft @ $1.20

= $1002

To install & varnish of skirting 70mm

185 pfr @ $0.40

= $74

Total cost: $3574.48

But after the guy came to measure the house, the total price dropped to $2808.28.

The workmanship is great and I love it! You can check out my link in my signature for pictures of my renovations.

Hau Hau Parquet & Wood Industries Pte Ltd

Showroom / Office: 302 Changi Road, Singapore 419780

Tel: (65) 6 345 5061 / 6 345 5062 (Susan)

Fax: (65) 6 345 1830

Email: parquet@starhub.net.sg

www.hauhauparquet.com

Hope that helps!

Would other types of wood be cheaper/more expensive than teak? Eg. Birch, Beech, Maplewood, etc.

Frankly i dun even know if they are considered wood flooring or parquet flooring (i noob and always confused with all the diff terms :()

Initially I was planning for teak parquet for 2 x bedroom and i was quoted $2438. I change the material to Vinyl and I was quoted $2320 just a 100 difference. Is this a reasonable pricing? my impression is that Vinyl is alot cheaper compare to parquet

Initially I was planning for teak parquet for 2 x bedroom and i was quoted $2438. I change the material to Vinyl and I was quoted $2320 just a 100 difference. Is this a reasonable pricing? my impression is that Vinyl is alot cheaper compare to parquet

Hi

Wats the cost per/sqft?

From my understand after talking to Hau Hau Parquet. i was been told that they are mainly a supplier and what they will do is they provide recommendation for the labor work to install the parquet. The labor doesn't come from Hau Hau Parquet meaning they are external contractor. They also did mention that they don't provide any form of warranty for the parquet, in the event of any concern we are suppose to liaise with the company that does the installation services, but even the company that do the installation doesn't provide any form of warranty after they finished their work.

From my understand after talking to Hau Hau Parquet. i was been told that they are mainly a supplier and what they will do is they provide recommendation for the labor work to install the parquet. The labor doesn't come from Hau Hau Parquet meaning they are external contractor. They also did mention that they don't provide any form of warranty for the parquet, in the event of any concern we are suppose to liaise with the company that does the installation services, but even the company that do the installation doesn't provide any form of warranty after they finished their work.

I am surprise HauHau Parquet mentioned they don't provide any warranty if his own contractor bought the material from them. Kind of rip off. Thanks for sharing.

My contractor quoted me $10.5 psf to do the parket for 3 bedrooms. Reading these posts it seems to be too expensive.

Should I ask him to keep the parket and then redo the parket with a cheaper contractor after he had carried out all renovations? Or I ask him to not do the parket and I get a parket guy that I contract directly to work with him to lay as he renovate?

Thanks.

My contractor quoted me $10.5 psf to do the parket for 3 bedrooms. Reading these posts it seems to be too expensive.

Should I ask him to keep the parket and then redo the parket with a cheaper contractor after he had carried out all renovations? Or I ask him to not do the parket and I get a parket guy that I contract directly to work with him to lay as he renovate?

Thanks.

Why not. My Contractor doing everything for me less the flooring :P Approach the parquet suppliers directly. u get better prices. I currently gathering quotes for my flooring, and yes, its cheaper than your 10.50. But i hope can be much much lower (preferably half :P)

What type of parquet did your contractor quote you? (E.G) The size, length?

There are 2 different type of parquet. Usually when people say parquet, they meant Indonesia Teak parquet ranging from 2" x 8/10/12".

3" and above will be considered as strips.

Sometime people refer Burmese Teak as parquet too, but you need to state Burmese Teak to suppliers and contractors to let them know Burmese Teak is what you wanted. Burmese Teak cost a little more than Indonesia Teak.

If you are quoted $10.50/sqft, then its really too expensive.

The description is simply: "The Supply labour and material to install new parquet flooring to 3nos of bedrooms c/w wood skirting. (approx 580sqft)"

So I guess must ask details of the parquet then. Thanks.