Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ChristineTML

My kitchen & 2 toilets resale at Pasir Ris

After living 2 years overseas with my family, i will be coming back to Singapore again, for good this time. Previously, i have rented out my existing flat to some tenants, now i am back, need to do some touch-up, i guess. All i am requesting for is some basic renovations, kitchen & 2 toilets, at a comfortable level on my budget. Recommendations from friends, family, or going through some forum start pouring in. I do not know which to choose from, who will give me a good price, good workmanship & responsible enough. Therefore, story cut short, I am engaging Nicholas from Renoguyz to do up my place. I think we can read up about him in the forum. Basically, more or less the same, straight-forward character, do practical stuff, simple but lasting looks. Do not like to overdo it. In short, simplicity is nice. 

Basically, my place is more or less done. After we flew back to our home, we have to move out temporary to our in-law house while renovations works is in progress. At that point of time, we wanted to hide in one of our rooms while the renovations is at work, with the aircon. Nicholas is persistent to give NO for an answer. I am kinda pissed..... why not? We can do 1 toilet first, followed by the other. 

Nick's reply is still a no, he still insisted we find a place to stay first, else the renovation works might not be pleasing at the end of the day. I can feel all his methods to ask us to temporary move out. First, the cost of renovations will shoot up as items are doing on separate days. Next, will be the dust and noise pollution. After some hesitation, my family with 2 kids, will stay with my in-laws first, which my stuffs are still all kept in boxes from my overseas trip. Thus my house is messy and now i can squeeze some time to share my blog.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My renovations selections starts when Nick brings us for tiles selections at Hafary at Eunos. He is very nice to pick us up at our home, with his assistant, named QQ. 

We spend less than an hour to select the tiles. I told Nick my requirement, light colours or white. It was such a headache to select those tiles. Basically they look almost the same. Colour tones tend to vary a little. We cut down the selection after Nick's recommendation. Next will be the selection of toilet accessories at Geylang road and the shop belongs to the plumber. The advantage of selecting from here is, if there is any issues with the product, i can get a replacement without any question asked, and i do not need to wait for the arrival to check any defects. This is definitely a plus point as i still have to take care of my 2 kids. The sales assistant will recommend taps, towel bowl, towel hangers and many more, while Nick sit there at one of the toilet bowl, with occasions correcting us what to buy. We bought the oven, hood and hod from there too. 

A week later, will be the start of the renovation. Sigh.... i have to pack few clothes and move to my temp home, Luckily my MIL house is just nearby.

Finally the day of renovation started, i was so eagered. Basically i go there almost every day to check. The noise is simply unbearable. Each drilling and knocking, my heart tends to pop out. I couldn't imagine i have to bear with the noise during those demolition days. And the dust is simply everywhere in the living room. Though most of my items are kept in the carton box, i am really glad that Nick advised me to put a layer of the huge plastic bag over it. It helps to minimise the dust getting into the box.. Followed will be laying of the tiles. I thought since hacking works is done, the noise level should be reduced greatly. I can tell u, its another kind of noise, though its not as loud as the hacking, but with each time the worker placed the tiles on the floor or wall, he would use his tool and knock. Kong! Kong! Kong! :unsure: My heart couldn't take the noise.

Now, i began to understand why Nick do not want me to stay inside the house during renovations, and the noise, dust are just part of the reasons.

Nick is an ID. 

One thing i like about him is that he provides me quotation on the spot, plus the drawings. Within mins, he drew up the sketches as i posted above. He draw on the spot as i am unable to imagine how my kitchen will look like. But he don't draw all the times, that's what he told me. Unless time permits.

But i can tell you, he is abit stubborn, or rather persistant. To him, a kitchen must be functional, less hassle.

Previously, before i renovate, my basin is at the present fridge area, while the stove is at where the present basin is. 2 separate corners. i told him I'm fine with it, or rather used to it. I wanted to stick back to my original design.;) But Nick insisted that the basin and stove needs to be side by side.:unsure: And this is what he has planned for me. So i follow his idea....

Here are some on-going pics uploaded during reno, minor hiccups, i guess....where his finger pointing, will be the new location of the drawers.

And the aircon piping is cut off! Oh goosh! The pipe need to cut off so as to lay the wall tiles. It means I can't turn on the aircon. In fact 2 of my aircon piping is cut. :wacko: Nick manage to find someone to replace the piping for me. FOC.:D Initially i thought just pull out the pipe and connect new one, 5 min job. But when they start dismantling the huge casing, pipe in my bedroom, its more than 30 mins job.

Lastly, its the citigas piping. The pipe was cut off at the kitchen. While connecting the new pipe, it was discovered there is leaking in the living room. But its all covered in the cornices. How?! My family safety is more important. I guess i have to dismantle the cornices and replace back. And again. Nick absorbed the cost for me. :D And he said - No more liao. 

2017-02-28-PHOTO-00000341.jpg

2017-03-12-PHOTO-00000600.jpg

My master toilet. This toilet is slightly more challenging, to squeeze a basin between the shower area and toilet bowl.

The basin is perfectly slotted into the hole. Wish i could have a bigger toilet but i am very delightful for what i have now.

2017-04-04-PHOTO-00000805.jpg

This is my office, my working place. I love the granite, the black galaxy. Cleaning up is easy. The glass backings is easy to clean too. Previously, i have a hard time to clean the yellow stains on the tiles. And the concrete sink support where i kept my storage of all my detergents. 

2017-04-04-PHOTO-00000807.jpg

2017-05-01-PHOTO-00000864.jpg

2017-04-04-PHOTO-00000806.jpg

2017-05-01-PHOTO-00000866.jpg

2017-05-01-PHOTO-00000865.jpg

2017-05-01-PHOTO-00000871.jpg