Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hoppinghippos

Qn to audiophiles

Hi Audiophiles in renotalk,

I am planning to arrange for electrician to lay dedicated power cable from main distribution box to hifi room.

Electrician is suggesting using Milpin power cable, a dedicated three core cable, which is around $7 per metre.

Any other suggestions on what power cable to use?

I don't mind buying it myself, but pls advise on price and where to buy....

Thanks in advance.

I am not a pro but though cable is important but the power source is also important if you are really into Hi-Fi analog.

If thats the case, why not look for a filter the power source and then the good cable to your system within the rm. This way you invest on shorter power cable while getting good source.

If you are looking at DHT, just go with normal, its digital anyway and these thing changes/evolves ever so often. :P

PS: didn't look at this date of the post until found it is so old.

Edited by BitterMedicine

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got any electrician to recommend who understands Home Theater setups?

Need a dedicated power supply for my HT gear. Will be getting the Belden power cable from LHS.

Just want to be sure the electrician knows what he is doing and doesnt mix up the new line with existing...nullifying the effect of separate power supply.

Such stuff very hard to recommend based on picture. Dont know condition also.

Go and have an audition and decide.

To put it in perspective, for 600$ you can barely get a decent amplifier. So keep you expectations realistic.

If you are happy with the sound and there is no damage to the gear, then can buy.

For better sales of HT stuff, check out echoloft and xtremeplace.

Got any electrician to recommend who understands Home Theater setups?

Need a dedicated power supply for my HT gear. Will be getting the Belden power cable from LHS.

Just want to be sure the electrician knows what he is doing and doesnt mix up the new line with existing...nullifying the effect of separate power supply.

To answer my own question, the man to contact is Mr Soh 96721871.

Myself and a friend of mine are using his services to get a dedicated power line for HiFi.

He will only be doing the HiFi power line setup, rest of the work will be done by my ID's electrician.

Hi experts, I need 2 sets of 5.1 speaker systems for my bedroom and the living room based on the following requirements.

1. Bedroom: Budget below $3000 for speakers and amp. Speakers must be compact and black in colour. Main left/right speakers should be within 4 inches in width. For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for music. Front, left and right speakers to be wall mounted. Rear speakers to be mounted from ceiling.

2. Living room: Budget below $2000 for speakers and amp. Speakers must be compact and black in colour. For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for movies and console gaming. Front, left, right and rear speakers to be mounted from ceiling.

Please kindly advise as I need to get them asap hopefully by March. Cables already laid.

Dear Gurus,

[1] Jamo A 102 HCS 5 - 5.1 Satellite System with Onkyo TX-SR506 AV Receiver

Option to upgrade to Onkyo TX-SR507 or Denon AVR1610 AV Receiver - Top up

[2] Mordaunt Short MS 914 Floorstand Speakers + Mordaunt Short Carnival 1 Surround + Carnival 5 Center + Carnival 7 Subwoofer with Onkyo TX-SR577 7.1 AV Receiver

which would be a more balance setup ?

i just simply laid belden 8477 for my rear. should be enough already.

Spend more on 2.1 setups in rooms rather than living room mah.

my rationale is becoz there really is alot of conditioning to do for the living room. else everything is goin to affect the setup.

unless of coz $$ is not a issue.

to budgetice: ask uncle bob, he will be more than glad to help.